Author Topic: Flir E40 Upgrade & Configuration  (Read 170274 times)

Offline JazzeyG

• Contributor
Re: Flir E40 Upgrade & Configuration
« Reply #450 on: February 07, 2023, 11:18:40 pm »
Hi cuda12, thank you so much for your response. I'll give that a go tomorrow.

When you downgrade to 3.12, if I enable the higher range and then upgrade back to say 5.2.0 does it reset the temp range & resolution settings?

Offline cuda12

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #451 on: February 07, 2023, 11:33:17 pm »
nope the changes carry over to the firmware upgrade. Sometimes everything falls back to default settings and you need to put in your wireless password etc. and sometimes it will carry over also. Just make sure the battery is charged and or it is plugged in to the charger. It takes 15 minutes or so.

Offline JazzeyG

• Contributor
« Reply #452 on: February 07, 2023, 11:38:43 pm »
Thanks again, I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

Also just wondering any reason you stick to firmware 5.2.0 over 5.3.0?

Offline cuda12

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #453 on: February 08, 2023, 01:02:27 am »
I got used to saying 5.20 but I am actually using 5.30

Offline JazzeyG

• Contributor
« Reply #454 on: February 08, 2023, 07:46:34 pm »
Here is the master firmware file listed on the forum about page 15
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zHZE84IzDyBvlQyGhviU6fXpa7Gbx9S8

it has 3.12 firmware so that you can enable the service menu on the newer MKII MSX cameras. It is real easy to go back and forth I do it all the time between 3.12.7 and 5.20
All you do is put both of them on your SD card (example) 413autoload.fif and 520autoload.fif then when you want to go to 413 simply rename the file autoload.fif and reboot the camera it will install 413. Then remove the sd card and name it back to 413autoload.fif so that it doesn't try to update everytime you reboot the camera.  And so I run on 5.20 and then go backwards to 3.12 when I need the service menu.

Tried doing this and the camera just boots up as normal, it doesn't update the firmware. I have tried with and without the eFLIRInstall.exe file in the SD card. I am putting all the files in the root folder of the SD card. I am naming the E2qtcomb_v3.12.7.fif file to autoload.fif

I have tried changing to MSD mode and various other modes but the firmware doesn't seem to update. When you say reboot the device, I am taking the battery out. Leaving for a few seconds and then starting the device up. Have tried that and have tried holding the power button down for 10 seconds, then pressing the power button again.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Offline cuda12

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #455 on: February 08, 2023, 09:59:32 pm »
That is how you do it? The usb cable is not connected right? That will disable boot from SD card. The only time I have had it not work is when I accidentally named the file autorun.fif  In each firmware file is an instruction file that says the same thing but maybe I have forgoten something so give it a read. In the old days you actually had to run the flirinstall.exe file in windows 7 but modern windows os just load on the SD card. I just read those instructions and that is how I used to do it with flir tools then I read about just using the sd card and that is how I have been doing it but I just checked and I have the eflirinstall.exe on the sd card as well. I am going to remove it and see if my camera still updates just to see.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 10:11:37 pm by cuda12 »

Offline JazzeyG

• Contributor
« Reply #456 on: February 08, 2023, 10:23:15 pm »
Just tried again, this time I held the power button down when I switched the device on and it seems to have worked! I have no idea if that is how you're suppose to do it or I just got lucky lol.

Is installing right now so will let you know how I get on!

Offline cuda12

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #457 on: February 08, 2023, 10:32:27 pm »
I just downgraded to 3.12 just for fun now I am going back to 5.30. I don't hold the power button just let it boot up and go. I hope it works for you but be very careful in the service menu if you unlock the eprom  And yes EflirInstall.exe had to be on the sd card also.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 10:37:01 pm by cuda12 »

Offline JazzeyG

• Contributor
« Reply #458 on: February 08, 2023, 11:12:57 pm »
I've managed to successfully downgrade and have enabled the 0-650 range! Thanks again for all your help.

I won't touch anything else in the service menu until I've had a look through past threads on here! Thanks for the heads up.

Offline cuda12

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #459 on: February 08, 2023, 11:37:39 pm »
right on!

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #460 on: February 09, 2023, 07:30:13 am »
Excellent news. I was not aware that such was possible on a Mk2  :-+

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline JazzeyG

• Contributor
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2023, 07:39:59 am »
Had a quick play with it last night, my -20 - -120 range was recently calibrated so it looks like the 0-650 is off by 2-3 degrees. Though my tests are very crude to put it lightly!

Also noted one temp range went all the way up to 1200C but says “NO RBF” if I try to enable. From reading up here I guess that means there is no calibration file for this range.

Does the sensor support that range and would there be anyone I could send the device to in the UK who could calibrate the two additional ranges and update the relevant calibration files? I’m just wary as I have tampered with files whether these calibration companies would even carry this out!

Offline in.Vitro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #462 on: February 27, 2023, 04:26:46 pm »
there are very few applications, where you need high frame rates with a wide-angle lens  :)

I own an E40 from 2012 and the frame rate is fine.
On video  you have lags from the NUC (shutter) and some ugly overlays (scale, logo).

there are very few applications, where you need high frame rates with a wide-angle lens  :)

I own an E40 from 2012 and the frame rate is fine.
On video  you have lags from the NUC (shutter) and some ugly overlays (scale, logo).

But a really great feature are RAW-videos with Flir Tools.
see my post here:

You can turn off the logo via telnet I believe!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Can some one explain me how to turn of the NUC during Video recorings? :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 04:31:44 pm by in.Vitro »

Offline defplayr

• Contributor

The following users thanked this post: in.Vitro

Offline in.Vitro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #464 on: March 20, 2023, 04:41:21 am »
I've tried it. Several hours... but somehow, the NUC is still active while recording. :/

I posted my issue here a while ago and the glitches still exist:  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e40-(e60-upgrade)-several-issues/msg4558438/#msg4558438

Allegedly the guy, where I bought the camera (its kinda like craigslist) in the first place, he was so kind to "updated the firmware" (which is not common in germany) ,and he said he had no issues while the video recording but the glitches still apear.
Here in Germany, when you buy anything from this plattform you are stuck on your own...because you buy it privatley!

After 3-4 Months I cant go back to him to fix the camera because I bought the camera between a regular citizen... since he provided me with a kinda "nice" solution to buy a FLIR 53 for the exchange for the E40/E60...
It still sucks because my main thing is to record videos (I dont care about radiometric things and thats) and the main issue is the NUC/FFC while recording video. ugh!

Offline jumbo

• Contributor
« Reply #465 on: May 26, 2023, 05:49:45 pm »
Hello,

I bought e50bx and I would like to change temperature range. I made it 6-8years ago in e30bx and resolution and menu hack as you guys mentioned in other post.
But now I have strange situation. I made windows 7 on virtual machine (I am using win11 usually) and I connect to service menu but I cant open page "http://192.168.0.2/service/index.asp". So its imposibble to change range.

I have a question, do I need to change firmware to older version for changing temperature range? is it save? whith number of software will be the best?
I found pack with few firmwares but I think I have different in my camera, so I am not shure that is god idea.

Offline jumbo

• Contributor
« Reply #466 on: May 28, 2023, 05:57:45 pm »
So I downgrade camera by "flir_exx_pn645_pn646_v3.12.7_update_pack".
1. I installed 2GB SD CARD with this unpack filr (its important, SD card with 32GB dosnt work)
2. Turned on and hold on/off button until boot menu
3. Waited 30 minutes to downgarde

Is it possible to have 1200.C without RBF? can I use RBF from 0-650?   
How to upgrade resolutin, eliminate nois etc. in this camera? the production is new, menu is differen (like in e96)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 06:14:28 pm by jumbo »

Offline robys

« Reply #467 on: November 03, 2023, 10:05:47 am »
Dear All,
thank you to this forum, I succeed to update my E40 1.0 by resolution up and noise down; my firmware is 5.3.0 (latest) and SN is 645xxx (my camera is with MSX).
To do so, I was only working on config.cfg file inside folder FlashFS\system\appcore.d\config.d;
I did a full backup by Wi-Fi connection, I changed the lines in the file about resolution and noise, according to post information, I recalculated new CRC with posted CRC01.exe and everything is working fine.
Considering nice success at first time  :), I'd like to add some more function which is specifically for E60 (I think) and described in the owner manual; like, for example, condensation or insulation alarm or several other which seems miss in my E40.
Is there any possibility to do it just again working on my config file, or I need some additional file change or other things?
I saw some post about fully replacing original config file with E60 config file (of course updating SN and CRC), but I'm not sure I can do with my firmware and camera version and cannot understand clearly if additional step are necessary.
May please someone help me?
thank you again for all effort on pushing our thermocamera to its real technical limit!

Offline cuda12

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #468 on: November 05, 2023, 09:38:02 pm »
When you read this thread and any other on the Exx series always remember that there are MK1 and MKII (msx newer front buttons) Most of the threads are about the MK1 and those extra options are not real easy to make work on the MKII because even though you enable them in the config.ini the gui is not present to be a menu item. But you can go down the same config file you already modified and turn things on and off (usually just a few at a time so you can go back if something really bad happens) Then use the cell phone app flir tools and make a connection to your phone. A lot of the times the app will have things like medical buttons etc. that you can enable on the phone and will happen in real time on your camera. But they do not stay upon reboot. I had a MK1 with almost everything enabled and it was different but not really anything most people need, so just enjoy the MSX feature.

Offline robys

« Reply #469 on: November 07, 2023, 09:17:30 am »
Hello all, just quick upd of work in progress on config.cfg file.
I succeed to also implement insulation alert, zoom x8 and some other function, just by working on "false" -> "true" and related parameter line.
I think enough satisfied now..so, at least if not discovering some other interesting (to me) "hidden" feature, I will stop here my update.
thank you again for forum support on suggesting way to improve E40.
regards

Offline maksym

« Reply #470 on: December 13, 2023, 07:03:36 pm »
A happy new Exx MKII owner here. I wonder if anyone owns an optional 15 degree lens - does it make any sense for PCB work? The specs say it is 1.7x magnification, but the minimum focus distance is listed as 1.2 meters, which probably makes it pointless for close-up inspections.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf