Author Topic: FLIR T530, a few questions  (Read 1332 times)

Offline ollihdTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • HeyDay Pro
FLIR T530, a few questions
« on: January 28, 2024, 08:44:33 pm »
Hi All,

I recently acquired an almost unused Flir T530 with a wide-angle lens for a very good price.

I have a few questions about the camera:

- Does anyone know about the possible upgrade (software) that gets the +300°C to 1200°C range open? Does this need calibration at the dealer?
- Does the camera have a 640x480 sensor (like the T560)?
- Has this camera model been hacked in any way so far?
- What are my options regarding close up shots? (I know Flir has a macro lens, but that is way too expensive)

Offline Chanc3

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FLIR T530, a few questions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 09:47:21 pm »
Check out the thread on the E75 - I believe same software\OS, so it should be possible.

• Regular Contributor
    • HeyDay Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 08:05:15 pm »
Check out the thread on the E75 - I believe same software\OS, so it should be possible.

Thank you, I will check that out. I guess that means that the E-series and T-series lenses are interchangeable?

• Regular Contributor
    • HeyDay Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 05:01:19 pm »
Okay, I checked that thread, and it seems there is some progress in terms of a firmware hack. I think it was Fraser who mentioned that it won’t be moving quickly since the Exx and T5xx series cameras are still pretty expensive. I guess it’s a waiting game.

I would like to get just a little bit closer than the 42 lens I have allows me, but buying the macro lens (~4000€) and enabling macro mode (~2000€) just seems a bit too much. I bet there are some DIY macro lens options out there. For macro distances, accuracy for me at least is not a big concern.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf