Author Topic: FLIR logo  (Read 1646 times)

Offline TanyaTopic starter

FLIR logo
« on: May 16, 2018, 04:15:32 pm »
Hello Everyone,
I have a question regarding the FLIR logo in thermal images. If the image is opened through FLIR software as ResearchIR the logo disappear, so how to check if they are using some kind of masking the logo pixels with the around pixels. In addition, when the image is converted to tiff using exiftool using RawThermalImage commend it has the same 16 bit data as from ResearchIR is that mean the logo pixels is masked with the around pixels as well. And would that be applicable for the color scale in the image or it will be different.

Thank you for reading the question  :) :) :)

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FLIR logo
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:04:16 am »
Masked? They don't put a logo on the raw sensor data, then mask it after...

ResearchIR and FLIR Tools show you the raw embedded image as you have noticed.

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 10:04:15 am »
Do you want to have an image without he logo or what is your goal?

Offline OrBy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 08:47:03 pm »
There is lots of info on this in the E4 teardown thread if you want to spend the time searching around and reading.
The short of it is - the JPG files that the cameras output contain both the JPG image with the FLIR logo on it, RAW thermal data, as well some other meta data and other images (if the camera has a viable light camera in it as well)
Exiftool's RawThermalImage accesses that RAW thermal data - not the JPG with the logo.
There are a number of applications available here that allow you to both view and convert the RAW data present in the JPG's to other formats that don't have the logo often using EXiftool as a base to extract it.

tomas123 has done a ton of work on this (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg342072/#msg342072)

Offline TanyaTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 01:36:07 pm »
Thank you, I will go back to the thread and read more about that. Thanks again for referring me there  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf