Author Topic: FLIR One Gen2 failure investigation + FULL RESET method by Fraser  (Read 49029 times)

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: FLIR One Gen2 failure investigation + FULL RESET method by Fraser
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2020, 04:17:06 pm »
J3SS3,

Sorry to hear that your F1G3 is beyond simple resurrection. I am in the same situation and the battle is ongoing with the less than honest seller in my case. Sadly a faulty F1G3 Pro is not worth much more than a faulty F1G2. I have paid between £35 and £80 for faulty F1G2 units over the years. They are a good source of a Lepton 3 core and this is likely why they retain at least some reasonable value even when dead and likely beyond repair.

Fraser

Offline J3SS3

• Contributor
Re: FLIR One Gen2 failure investigation + FULL RESET method by Fraser
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2020, 09:11:23 pm »
Hey All,
Well my story is done.  I sold my F1PG3 on ebay and got about $150 for it!  I guess covid has somewhat affected the supply of lepton cores for projects (thermal drones, etc).  So I may have caught the market at the right time.  My new Seek Compact is clearly does not have the capabilities of the F1P, but it's sufficient for my meager residential needs (though I already miss the merged visible+infrared image).  Thanks again for the ideas to try for DIY repair.  Good luck and stay well!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf