Products > Thermal Imaging

FLIR SC640 Thermal Camera power up / software / firmware issue

(1/4) > >>

radioorizont:
Hi All,

I own a FLIR SC640 thermal camera which does not seem to fully boot.
The camera lens seems to "home" and the viewfinder flashes on for a split second but that's it.
The camera gets recognised as thermacam on the PC and i can browse to the internal memory in read-only mode regardless of the user/password combination i use (shared on this forum).
I can not write, edit files.
I tried flashing the new firmware with official files from FLIR but that didn't help., nothing seemed to be happening.
Does anyone know what might be wrong here? it does seem like it's a software issue and not hardware.
Thanks!

Fraser:
The only hint that I can give you is to connect to the cameras internal engineering serial port and see what the cameras Firmware reports as it boots. I regret that I cannot provide the location of the engineering port on your SC640 but you should be able to find it by looking for the communications driver IC  ;)

Fraser

Ismsanmar:
May I ask you what firmware have you tried to install? And where did you get it? Because in my case I have been searching on the Internet and I haven't found any mention of a possible firmware update for the SC6XX series.

When you connect with the camera, are you using Thermacam Connect 3, the web interface or a FTP client program? What combination of user / password do you use? On my camera they are flir / 3vlig. My SC660 has a firmware version 11.3.3 and a hardware revision 404.

--- Quote from: Fraser on September 12, 2021, 12:02:17 am ---The only hint that I can give you is to connect to the cameras internal engineering serial port and see what the cameras Firmware reports as it boots. I regret that I cannot provide the location of the engineering port on your SC640 but you should be able to find it by looking for the communications driver IC  ;)

Fraser

--- End quote ---

I thought it was the connector next to the RTC button cell.

radioorizont:
Hi Ismsanmar,
The firmware is now available of FLIR's official website after i asked for it for a few months, you just need to log in / create an account then search for it.
It's called "FLIR P6xx/SC6xx Update Pack 11.5.3" and it's 15.4Mb
I hope that helps.

I am using thermacam connect that provides an IP address then browse to the internal memory with a ftp client (Total Commander)
I tried flir / 3vlig but that only allows read-only mode.

You are correct the connector is next to the cell battery, it's a 12 pin connector, attached the photo i just need to figure out the pinout... If anyone knows it your help would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Fraser:
What we have here is a failure to communicate ! This does not look like firmware corruption to me but rather a failure in hardware communication leading to system errors and controller halting. I would be looking at the I2C communications.

Fraser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version