Products > Thermal Imaging

FLIR T4325ZS 320x240 25Hz PTZ cheap on eBay UK

<< < (7/8) > >>

Ultrapurple:
I don't really know why. I believe there's a version of the camera that has a 640x512 sensor so one can sort-of see why a 2:1 upscale might make (marketing?) sense, but the aspect ratio of 320x240 simply doesn't play nicely with an upscale to 1280x1024.

If anyone knows the answer then I'd be fascinated to learn the reason.

Fraser:
This is CCTV so some standardisation in camera resolution between VL and different resolutions of thermal cameras comes into play. The Monitoring station displays the CCTV scenes at 1280x1024 and no matter what camera is viewed, the image fills the display. FLIR have a foot in both the thermal imaging and CCTV camps so such “standardisation” of resolution is possibly to be expected where their CCTV systems are concerned.

As a side note, are all 1024 rows used for the streamed image or is it really a 1280 x 960 image plus telemetry in rows 961 to 1024 ?

Fraser:
Is the camera operating in letterbox mode with 32 pre image blank rows, 960 image rows and 32 post image blank rows ?

Ultrapurple:

--- Quote from: Fraser on August 04, 2021, 10:42:35 pm ---As a side note, are all 1024 rows used for the streamed image or is it really a 1280 x 960 image plus telemetry in rows 961 to 1024 ?
Is the camera operating in letterbox mode with 32 pre image blank rows, 960 image rows and 32 post image blank rows ?

--- End quote ---
No, there are no telemetry rows or blank lines.

It's possible to add telemetry-type info (date, time, your logo, several lines of arbitrary text...) but they are all overlaid in the active image area.

I'm using the Arbor tablet to monitor the camera temporarily set up looking at my back garden. As I type this at 8.30 in the morning I saw what initially looked like a fox creeping across the distance. Then I realised that it was an illusion: I'd actually seen a cat, which had been made to look lower and longer than normal by the 4:3 > 16:9 distortion. (She's called Princess Leia and belongs to a neighbour).

Fraser:
Thanks Ultrapurple. As you say, upscaling 240 image rows to a 1024 row display is an ugly thing to do

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version