Author Topic: FLIR T440bx hacking - custom application for Ex/Exx/Txxx cameras, UltraMax  (Read 29042 times)

Offline renehdez

Re: FLIR T440bx hacking - custom application for Ex/Exx/Txxx cameras, UltraMax
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2019, 07:45:46 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I want to ask for your advice on a Flir T630 camera, try to update it but in the process it will go off and I will not restart it, it will be on again and the screen will appear with the start process bar that looks like finish but there it stays, the camera does not show the menu of the camera. Do you know in some way to reprogram it to work again? I thank you in advance for your attention.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2019, 07:53:07 pm »
Do not post same question in multiple threads, it is not welcomed in this forum.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline ir.ukrm

• Contributor
Is there any way in the firmware to make notes in Russian?

Offline f14

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2020, 08:26:46 am »
I just bought T200 verycheap. but it release in 2008 . so nothing to do?  :-//

Offline Spirit532Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2020, 08:27:53 am »
I just bought T200 verycheap. but it release in 2008 . so nothing to do?  :-//

It should still work on older CE systems.

Offline f14

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2020, 01:14:18 pm »
just try but nothing happens. my T200 still working like before no dead  :-//
I did same step. and choice older CRC01
1-Download the package corresponding to your camera series - Ex, Exx, or Txxx.
2-Download the persistency package corresponding to your camera's firmware version - CRC01 or CRC32 respectively.
3-Connect to the camera via FTP.
4-Open hack.ini, and edit save_path to point towards the directory. Example: save_path = \StorageCard\DCIM\ImageSequences\
5-For older cameras, place hack.exe and hack.ini into /FlashFS/system. For newer cameras, place it into /FlashBFS/system.
6-Find the DCIM directory within the filesystem structure - on cameras with SD card support, it must be on the SD card, not on internal storage.
7-Create a folder called ImageSequences inside DCIM.
8-For older, CRC01 cameras with modifiable applaunch.dat:
There are two ways to establish persistency - first is automatic, by appending applaunch.dat with a line that starts the hack on boot. An example file is provided in the archive.

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2020, 07:14:54 pm »
Can you start it manually, via telnet?

Offline f14

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2020, 12:37:21 am »
Hi
I use FileZilla. simple delete stock file replace it by the file you shared. no any issue ,but no effect :-//
maybe first T series generation will use same part just lock by firmware like Ex seires?. so possible to get 320x240 ? thank you

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2020, 12:38:51 am »
The original T series was always 320x240 as far as I'm aware.

The following users thanked this post: f14

Offline f14

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2020, 12:45:49 am »
I just check the conf.cpg file via notepad . try to find something about resolution like Ex series but see notthing :palm:.
I pretty sure all stock file are gone because I deleted it manually in filezilla.  if this failed my camera will not boot like a brick. but it boot normal with your file . very strange

Offline f14

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2020, 07:20:12 am »
 tries to modify conf.cfg . by read thread E4 hack
first i replace donwsample true -> false.
next addmore two row IR height 240 and width 320
use the cmd crc01(provice in E4 thread) to generator the number # crc01 xxxxxx
both ways effect my cam . disamble all function  :palm: :-DD
// then I try use the conf.cfg from t440bx in first post . change to my serial ID and remove last row CRC01 xxxxx. with new number from CRC01 generator . set it to my T200. and seem it working. get more menu than stock but resolution still 200x150  :scared:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 11:32:58 am by f14 »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2020, 12:07:24 pm »
This reminds me of an early release of FLIR i5 that I owned. It did not have the same configuration files as the later “iX” series cameras and I could not change the resolution. I looked deeper into the cameras file system and found automated production configuration logs. The camera contained a list of settings that were used during its calibration at the end of production. Sadly I discovered that the camera resolution was configured in production, could not be changed, and was calibrated at that resolution. I could have carried out a full calibration routine after changes to the calibration configuration but I could not see how to enable the new resolution. It pre dated the iX and Ex series cameras but seemed more resistant to a resolution upgrade by the user ! FLIR obviously changed their camera calibration and configuration strategy to that which gave us the Ex upgrade :)

It would be worth looking for production logs in your cameras file system. They are plain text and may explain why your camera is behaving as it is.

I will see if I kept the i5 file backup as I sold that camera some time ago.

Fraser
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 12:17:05 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: f14

Offline f14

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2020, 07:51:38 am »
keep try to modify Gui.cfg
but i dont know what it means? need increase the number ?
.caps.config.save.maxCount int32 30
// i think problems from CRC01 generator . some number work some is not.
I check via flir tool it change to 320x240 but it really work ? please help me check the picture I attach below. thanks all you guys
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 08:04:37 am by f14 »

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
As good a place as any to ask I suppose... anyone has a good source for aftermarket T420 batteries and/or chargers? Or the connector reference for the charging connection? Is it possble to test/run it without battery?

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
New chargers are available for around 100 Euros. Sadly the connector is custom and all efforts to identify it suggested that it was a custom HRS part. I found an HRS connector that looked almost identical but was slightly smaller dimensions  :(

I have not seen 3rd party batteries for the FLIR T4xx series. Rebuilding the original may be an option. The battery contains a pair of 18650 cells plus management/charge PCB

I do have a spare FLIR Charger and associated desk battery charging dock that I might sell. Sadly no batteries though.

Fraser

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
I was afraid of that. As I don't have the battery I can't refurbish it. Ah, well, I suppose the machine is worth it. Or at least it would be if I knew it was in working order...

Re: charging dock/PSU (?): shoot me a PM?

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
The cameras will run off of the FLIR power supply unit as it is capable of providing the required current and is not a dedicated battery charger design.

Fraser

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
The cameras will run off of the FLIR power supply unit as it is capable of providing the required current and is not a dedicated battery charger design.

Fraser

I must be completely daft but I can't for the life of my find any port for a power supply on the thing, neither can I find any manual, image or video that shows it. This video comes closest:

It speaks about an AC adapter around 4:00 but as far as I can see only USB is attached? I'm lost...

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
You have jogged my memory..... the T4xx camera series incorporate the charge and power socket into the end of the battery ! Yep, you need to insert the battery and plug the power supply into the bottom of it  :palm: Not the smartest design choice I must say. It does enable battery charging outside the camera by direct connection to the battery though. So without a battery, I assume you cannot power the camera as you need the socket that the battery provides  :palm:

If you are looking at buying a used camera, do ask yourself (and the seller) where the accessories have gone. The camera should come with its power supply and battery as a minimum. If such are missing it is not uncommon fir the camera to be either a company asset recovery (bankruptcy) or goods taken without the owners consent  ;) Just be careful who you are dealing with.

Fraser
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:43:53 pm by Fraser »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Power port visible in the attached picture at the bottom of the battery (uppermost in this image) A charging LED is located adjacent to the port.

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
You have jogged my memory..... the T4xx camera series incorporate the charge and power socket into the end of the battery ! Yep, you need to insert the battery and plug the power supply into the bottom of it  :palm: Not the smartest design choice I must say. It does enable battery charging outside the camera by direct connection to the battery though. So without a battery, I assume you cannot power the camera as you need the socket that the battery provides  :palm:

OK, that settles it then. Need to get a battery and a charger.

If you are looking at buying a used camera, do ask yourself (and the seller) where the accessories have gone. The camera should come with its power supply and battery as a minimum. If such are missing it is not uncommon fir the camera to be either a company asset recovery (bankruptcy) or goods taken without the owners consent  ;) Just be careful who you are dealing with.

Already have the camera, totally above board and I was aware it didn't have a battery. Sold *as is*.

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
I do have a spare FLIR Charger and associated desk battery charging dock that I might sell. Sadly no batteries though.

Fraser

Just wondering if you had any details on that (price?) Might well be interested...

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
I just need to lay my hands on the power supply unit .... it is in an anonymous white box that I have yet to find as it was just kept as a spare. I am open to offers on it and the associated desk charger. You can still buy this power supply & battery dock set from online suppliers so it may be worth looking at prices and availability in case there are any deals in your country ?

Fraser

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
Have been looking around for a bit. Charger and desktop cradle go for around 150€ or so. If you can beat that in a meaningfull way I'd be very happy to unburden you of a anonymous white box.

If not, I'm gonna cry a little in a corner before ordering them (:

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Hiya,

I will find the power supply and dock today and see if we can agree a deal  :)

Fraser

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf