Author Topic: FLUKE TiR2,TiR3,TiR4, Ti40,Ti45,Ti50,Ti55  (Read 9591 times)

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
Re: FLUKE TiR2,TiR3,TiR4, Ti40,Ti45,Ti50,Ti55
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2022, 10:10:23 am »
Do you think this camera would be useful for my scope? Industrial machines, overheating bearings, motors, that kind of stuff?
Mostly in the ropeway industry. I believe I would be able to see a slightly warm sheave bearing on a tower (from the maintenance
platform near the sheave assembly), but what about overheating motors and so on?

Do you have experience with electrical things that would function normally above 100 deg Celsius? Because I won't be able to tell
if they work properly or are overheated.

'For pennies' worth a punt.

It is a fairly narrow field (23° horizontal) 320x240 camera:
https://www.fluke.com/en-us/product/thermal-cameras/tir4ft.

You need to do the maths on whether the objects you want to look at will fill a couple of pixels from the distance you are at.
If so, then you would likely notice 'the left one is hotter than the right one', but I would not rely on measurements in absolute terms.  You are looking at slightly shiny metals outdoors so emissivity comes in significantly.

There are electrical things that work over 100°C.... cookers and kettles  :-DD
(sorry could not resit that one  ;D    )

Offline fantengkuo

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2022, 01:09:49 pm »
Hello, I also encountered the same problem with my Fluke TI55, and also tried to replace the system board card to judge the system card protection. There is nothing wrong with the SD card  :-//

Offline Razvan_N

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2022, 10:37:39 am »
Does TiR4 have an internal battery? Something like CR2032 to keep the clock running?

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2022, 02:03:07 pm »
According to FLUKE, the TIR4 uses a battery backed real time clock so you are dealing with a battery, rather than a super-capacitor, but exactly what type and mounting is not known to me.

Some RTC backup batteries are Primary cells (normally a Lithium cell) but others are Secondary cells (normally Ni-Mh or rechargeable Lithium) charged by the host whilst in use. Be careful not to replace a rechargeable Lithium cell with a non rechargeable type. Check the cell type using the data sheet.

https://dam-assets.fluke.com/s3fs-public/Ti4xTi5xmveng0100.pdf

Fraser
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 02:08:57 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: Razvan_N

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2023, 03:24:22 pm »
Hi
Can anybody provide the files on the Ti55 internal SD card, please?
I tried the ones from Ti45 posted here but it is stuck at the splash screen.
all power supplies and oscillators (there are many!) are good and I see activity on memory pins...

edit: the LogicPD CPU card and the whole digital board of the camera are exactly identical to
the pictures from Ti45 and TiR3 that were posted here on eevblog
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 03:28:01 pm by analogRF »

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2023, 03:50:06 pm »
Do you have the original SD Card or is that missing ?

A “Halt” at boot suggests the camera is failing its self test or file integrity check. If the SD card files contain a CRC or other feature that locks it to the particular camera hardware, you will likely have a problem getting it to boot with someone else’s SD Card file set. Some investigation of the firmware file set may be needed to discover whether this is your problem.

Fraser

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2023, 03:57:45 pm »
You could gain greater insight into what is occurring at camera boot by monitoring the boot log that comes out of the Serial engineering port on the camera. You should see the progress of the boot and where it halts due to a problem.

Make sure that the SD Card is suitable for the role and not a higher capacity than the camera can handle or containing the wrong format.

Fraser

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2023, 11:35:21 am »
Do you have the original SD Card or is that missing ?

A “Halt” at boot suggests the camera is failing its self test or file integrity check. If the SD card files contain a CRC or other feature that locks it to the particular camera hardware, you will likely have a problem getting it to boot with someone else’s SD Card file set. Some investigation of the firmware file set may be needed to discover whether this is your problem.

Fraser

I do have the SD card but it is not an original SD card. It must be a 2GB blue card made by Delkin but it is a 512MB SD by Sandisk. Therefore I think the card was prepared by previous owner and he didnt succeed. When I look at the contents of Ti45 and TiR3 posted here there are 4 files. One is the splash screen. One is the RBF file which is the Altera FPGA program on the main board (Ti45 and TiR3 are identical and also identical to what I have) and then there are two files DOAS.HEX and DOAS.KEY. I think these files make up the contents of either the MPS430F147 microcontroller or the TMS320VC5510A DSP processor on the main board.

Now I do have a DOAS.HEX file but I do not have DOAS.KEY file. My DOAS.HEX file is also different than the Ti45 and TiR3 posted by other users.

SO I think I might be missing that DOAS.KEY file. I am pretty sure the FPGA file must be the same. The SD card only contains these 4 files (I only have 3)

All the firmware including the bootloader and wince etc... are all stored in the FLASH memories residing on the LogicPD CPU card.

So if anyone has the contents of the Ti55  SD card, can you please contact me?

It might be so that my SD card does indeed have all the files for this model and the non-boot problem is somewhere else but at this point
I need to make sure it is not the SD card content
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 11:38:13 am by analogRF »

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2023, 11:45:11 am »
You could gain greater insight into what is occurring at camera boot by monitoring the boot log that comes out of the Serial engineering port on the camera. You should see the progress of the boot and where it halts due to a problem.

Make sure that the SD Card is suitable for the role and not a higher capacity than the camera can handle or containing the wrong format.

Fraser

yes I tried in vain to find any sort of serial debug activity on the 3 pin headers on the board but all those pins are silent. I am 100% the debug info flows if either one pin is pulled low or perhaps a certain character is typed into the RX line (wherever that is) to enter the bootloader
I had a similar experience with another instrument using a LogicPD CPU board that only when you typed in a certain letter quickly at the start then it would stop the boot and take you to the bootloader otherwise there was no activity. However the good thing was that I was able to find the datasheet of that LogicPD CPU boad and trace its UART pins to a header on the board. Here in this camera unfortunately the LogicPD board is very very old and there is no mention of it anywhere let alone its datasheet...so I cannot know where the serial port might be

However, I have confirmed that there is activity going on all SDRAM memories so it is not dead or in reset...so something is happening but ....

EDIT: by the way the main board and the LogicPD CPU card in this unit looks identical to what was posted earlier in this thread from a Ti45 (or was it TiR3?)
anyways, they look exactly the same with same numbers on the parts.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 07:40:05 pm by analogRF »

Offline Razvan_N

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2023, 08:27:13 pm »
Answering my own question from a while ago.
TiR4 uses a primary cell to retain time and date: CR2477, a thicker version of the typical coin cell.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf