Author Topic: Fluke tix580, power failure during firmware upgrade, system crash and scrapping?  (Read 628 times)

Offline tcq1000Topic starter

• Contributor
I have a fddddtix580 (the same series has tix500 tix520 tix560). When upgrading the firmware, the power is cut off suddenly, resulting in the upgrade failure. It cannot start normally now. The screen will close after only 2 seconds of each startup. The system seems to have crashed. Do you know how to recover?

If the program copies chips from devices of the same model that work normally, can it be started normally? Will the program and ID of each device be bound? If they do not match, they cannot be started?

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
I advise that you contact FLUKE as they may be able to provide some form of bootloader solution that will reinstall the firmware for you.
Sadly if the Camera was not designed with a resilient firmware upgrade process, the current firmware will be incomplete. Resilient systems keep a copy of the original firmware and reinstall it automatically if a problem is detected with the new firmware installation.

Fluke is your best option to start with but if they cannot assist, you may have to resort to use of the engineering port and rebuilding the firmware through that. It will likely not be a trivial task though.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

• Contributor
Consult fluke and it will cost US $4000.

At this price, you can buy second-hand equipment of the same model.

It seems that they can only be sold as maintenance parts. What a pity

The following users thanked this post: svgurus

• Contributor
I used it for a long time. Finally, the firmware was successfully refreshed in offline mode, and then worked normally.

If a friend has this problem, you can contact me 584599528@qq.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf