Author Topic: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC  (Read 513902 times)

Offline majoma

Re: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC
« Reply #250 on: May 06, 2019, 05:54:22 am »
So...i don't understand...is or not a radiometric image?
If yes...how can i manage It?
Many thanks

Hello,
interesting... a 2.5Mb file compressed to 0.8Mb.

i attach what i found. seems to be a stored jpg file with attached raw frame and visual frame (with Y map followed by color data).

Offline jumpy9734

• Contributor
« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2019, 03:26:30 pm »
I can't seem to get any image, with my normal (non-xr) seek thermal compact android/microusb, i'm using windows 10, (tried different versions 1.9.0.0, 1.8.0.0, 1.7.0.0, etc) i've succesfully installed the drivers with Zadig (iap interface and com.thermal.pir206.1).Maybe i'm missing something.
Also, Seekofix works perfectly, and bin_ThermoVision_JoeC_1.0.0.3.zip seems to work just fine, but on newer versions, not working...
Device firmware shows 4.8.1.9.
Later Edit : Tried on a partition with windows 8.1, same result, nothing  :(
Any solutions? :'(

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:02:35 pm by jumpy9734 »

Offline joe-cTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2019, 07:15:54 pm »
Hello,
it is a radiomentric image inside, but i have not the time yet to implant it. it need some time... :-/O

I can't seem to get any image, with my normal (non-xr) seek thermal compact android/microusb, i'm using windows 10, (tried different versions 1.9.0.0, 1.8.0.0, 1.7.0.0, etc) i've succesfully installed the drivers with Zadig (iap interface and com.thermal.pir206.1).Maybe i'm missing something.
Also, Seekofix works perfectly, and bin_ThermoVision_JoeC_1.0.0.3.zip seems to work just fine, but on newer versions, not working...
Device firmware shows 4.8.1.9.
Later Edit : Tried on a partition with windows 8.1, same result, nothing  :(
Any solutions? :'(
interesting. i have a x64 Win10 machine and have no problems with the Seek camera.
i know the camer need a USB reconnect after installing the driver...
but its interesting you can use it with seekofix but not with Version 1.9.0.0

can you please try again with 1.9.0.0 and seekofix only?
best regards
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

The following users thanked this post: majoma

Offline jumpy9734

• Contributor
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2019, 01:04:40 am »
I've tried again, i also have x64 win 10, Seekofix works ok, but when trying to start seek_thermal "connect" on 1.9.0.0 it gives me this error:

Sub_WDC_Load()

Could not find file

\TVisionDATA\Cal\Seek_WarmupDriftCorrection.wdc"

Offline majoma

« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2019, 09:43:55 am »
Ok...i'll wait your news.
Thank you very much.

Hello,
it is a radiomentric image inside, but i have not the time yet to implant it. it need some time

Offline jumpy9734

• Contributor
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2019, 10:13:02 pm »
I've tried 1.9.0.0 on a bunch of different computers and encountered the same situation, i'm starting to believe maybe the cable/adapters could be the cause.

I'm currently using this USB configuration for seek:

I'll try with more cables, if it won't work, then i'll go to plan B:

If that doesn't work either, i'll just assume it could be from the Seek internal hardware/device firmware itself  :'(

At least i still got seekofix and that older version of Thermovision, so i guess it's better than nothing  :-/O

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 10:14:37 pm by jumpy9734 »

Offline majoma

« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2019, 12:26:21 pm »
Hello,
it is a radiomentric image inside, but i have not the time yet to implant it. it need some time... :-/O

Any news?

Offline flyingfishfinger

• Contributor
« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2019, 06:06:06 pm »
Hi,
Now that you have a Windows 10 machine, any chance you could package a UWP version?

Cheers,
R

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2019, 10:01:13 am »
Hello,
Hello,
Any news?
No, i have no time and too many other tasks. the next version is a big step.
Now that you have a Windows 10 machine, any chance you could package a UWP version?
i take a look at it. :-/O

best wishes

Offline flyingfishfinger

• Contributor
« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2019, 09:59:56 pm »
Quote from: joe-c
No, i have no time and too many other tasks. the next version is a big step.

What's new / coming?  :D

R

Offline tony359

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2019, 10:41:41 am »
Hey jumpy9734

I've just made the same cable pictured in the second image - but without jumping the ID to ground, I understand that is for HOST devices. I am kind of concerned to test it on my Seek - I am looking for some confirmation that that is the correct wiring and I am not going to damage my seek! :)

Thank you all!
Tony

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2019, 07:06:51 pm »
Good evening,
I've just made the same cable pictured in the second image - but without jumping the ID to ground, I understand that is for HOST devices. I am kind of concerned to test it on my Seek - I am looking for some confirmation that that is the correct wiring and I am not going to damage my seek! :)
I use the same connection for my seek and it work fine.
What's new / coming?  :D
-batch processing of foder(s)
-new window for easy change the text of controls (for easy change to other language)
-common "thermal Frame" Dataset
-support of TE-M1 (and V1) via i3 DLL
-local parameter (emissivity and reflection can be set for Spot,Box measurements)
-auto range split in Min/Max, each can be Auto/Manual/Fixed
-common "Vision Toolbar" with Streaming and orientation control
-new fullscreen mode "Tablet window" (a better version of "Camera mode") in WPF and better touch support

Aditional i hardly think about to change from Freeware to Open source.
I just realize i dont have the time for all alone...
i want to fix some issues, but this maybe take some weeks... :-/O

Best wishes

Offline tony359

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2019, 09:07:12 pm »
Thank you Joe.

Cable is working fine!

I'm a total newbie on this, this is the first time I'm using my Seek Pro and your great software. So far I am super-impressed, thank you so much for your efforts!

I've noticed that when I connect the Seek I receive the attached error - I then just click OK and all seems to work ok. This is Windows 10 64 with drivers installed by Zadig.

Thank you!

Offline majoma

« Reply #263 on: June 05, 2019, 10:53:01 am »
Hello,
interesting... a 2.5Mb file compressed to 0.8Mb.

i attach what i found. seems to be a stored jpg file with attached raw frame and visual frame (with Y map followed by color data).

Hi, could you tell me the software that you used for extracting those images from hir file and where i can find that software?
Thank u

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #264 on: June 11, 2019, 09:54:51 am »
Hello,

finally... Version 1.10.0.0
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GRCBBamnFaq4mdVoRTWt5QRti2EpgDjn

-autorange on/off split to Auto/Manual/Fixed for each of max/min
-Window:Functions->Tab:Export Images->Thermal Frame->Image in file… extract temperature frame as txt or csv
-window positions will no more stored if the current setting is fullscreen
-rotation of visual image can be set with the Keys “T/G” and rotation on/off with Key “V”
-auto refresh com ports removed from DIY Thermocam Device
-add support for M1 Images, stored by Android App
-implement new SDK version of i3 Systems, supporting M1,Q1,V1 (on my M1 the 30fps works, but on test with a V1 it don’t show the 30fps, I don’t know why yet).
Warning: the “raw” mode from i3 show a AGC applied frame. This have more resolution, but conversion to temperature and mapcal don’t work yet.
-Local parameter for Box and Sport measurment (recalculate themperature using Emisivity and reflected Temperature)
-common Thermal Frame and TF Processing
-add “invert” function for palette
-add “temperature gain” for live stream
-the life functions “temperature gain”,“temperature offset” an Average will effect on all new temperature frames
-flir direct reading enabled (work not for all images, is faster then regular mehtod via exif tool)

Thermal Camera Setup
Since this version, the most supported cameras using a common way to calculate raw value to temperatue. The “Calibration” window is used for this.
there currently 2 ways to select… 2 point calibration and “planck” cal. All settings will be stored in a “Thermal Camera Setup” *.tcs file. You can have now one folder for each of your Cameras, with own settings, Mapcal frames and warmup drift corections.
to autoselect a thermal camera… write the name of the folder in the Appconfig:
<add key="AutoRead_tcs_from_folder" value="_Sim_Flir_320x240" /> will select “TVisionData\Cal\_Sim_Flir_320x240\ThermalCameraSetup.tcs”

Common Vision Toolbar
It will be activated by execute a Camera stream or by click on “VisionTools” in the top menu bar.
this bar is used to select a thermal camera binding, execute start/stop/nuc and common imagerotation, min/max auto/man/fixed setting. It also show a FPS (using a frame count).
The selectable camera types depends on the defined Camera types in “TVisionData\Cal\”.

New Window “Control changer Window”
This window can be open by click on the language label on top right (from right boder: Max temp,Min Temp, Keyboard label, Language label).
By click right a mouse menu will open. By click left the mouse menu will open too… and select the current language, here you can change the selected language.
in this window the most subwindows can be changed by selecting the right control from the control tree.
the text of the control can be changed in normal and encoded state, just hit enter to see the changes.
In the mouse menu is a command to execute the “Generate language files”. This create a new folder with current text of all controls.

Tablet window
it’s a WPF window (not Windforms like all other) with auto size of controls.
this is a better version of the “Camera” mode (still available, but obsolete). Additional the Window works better on touch devices.
it has one center spot only as measurement and need some improvements, but it’s a better way than camera mode.

AppConfig
since this version i use the "\TVisionBinary\ThermoVision_JoeC.exe.config" for some startup settings.
here you can set your thermal camera setup folder name.
Example:
<add key="ShowSplashScreeen" value="0" /> --> no startup screen
<add key="StartWebcamA" value="1" /> --> start the first webcam in uvc device list

the source is on github, currently in a private repository. if someone want access, contact me.
joe-c
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:02:27 am by joe-c »

The following users thanked this post: santasemilla

Offline santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2019, 08:34:48 pm »
Hi joeC!

As usual, thanks for your hard work and for sharing such a great tool. Just a couple of questions regarding this new version I just downloaded.

1) I'm having problems connecting my SeekCompact camera. In previous versions I just plugged in, turned on and I had and image to start working with. Now it seems that I have to calibrate it first, but when trying to load the parameters you have in the load file, weird things happen. My front webcam gets an image, the thermal camera gets disconnected and the visual image gets "themified" hehe. If I just plug and start my thermal camera, the temperature range is only 1deg, like its having a calibration problem.

2) How can I lower the resolution of the whole app? I have a 1080p 10" laptop and I see everything very small. The previous resolution (V1.9) was fine. I don't know if that could be also adjusted under the new way to configure the app.

Thanks again for this great peace of software!

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #266 on: June 11, 2019, 10:01:06 pm »
Hello,

1) I'm having problems connecting my SeekCompact camera. In previous versions I just plugged in, turned on and I had and image to start working with. Now it seems that I have to calibrate it first, but when trying to load the parameters you have in the load file, weird things happen. My front webcam gets an image, the thermal camera gets disconnected and the visual image gets "themified" hehe. If I just plug and start my thermal camera, the temperature range is only 1deg, like its having a calibration problem.
the Webcam is only enabled in seek simulation mode...

in the toolbar the current camera is selected, this have to be "Seek_Thermal_WinUsb" instead of "Simulation".
choose and load "Seek_Compact_Camera" instead of "_Sim_Seek_Compact_Camera".
in simulation mode a stored thermal frame was load from *.tfraw file and displayed with random noise.
2) How can I lower the resolution of the whole app? I have a 1080p 10" laptop and I see everything very small. The previous resolution (V1.9) was fine. I don't know if that could be also adjusted under the new way to configure the app.
i dont changed the resolution. in V1.9 it was fine?...
the only setup is for "measurements", if they was draw to the main IR image. the font settings are located in the SettingsWindow->Tab:Fonts.
additional, if you want just take pictures, try the new Tablet mode (select "Tablet" from the menu bar above).

hope it helps
joe-c

The following users thanked this post: santasemilla

Offline santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2019, 12:40:21 pm »
Totally right Sr!

Found both solutions to my problems. The first as you said was the _Sim_Seek_Compact_Camera. The problem was that everything was sooooo small that I didn't noticed the  _Sim_, I barely read Seek Compact somewhere! hehe.

The problem of everything being so small to read was solved by left-clicking the ThermoVision_JoeC.exe, going to Properties -> Compatibility, and at the bottom "Change high DPI settings" -> High DPI scaling override (at the bottom of the new window) and ticking in "Override High DPI scaling behavior" by "System(Enhanced)". This is on Windows10, but I guess Win7 might be quite the same thing.

The only last weird thing I see in this version (at least in my machine) is that the image from the webcam freezes when it is ON. If you take a picture, the captured frame is the correct one, but the streaming seems to have some trouble (also if you superimpose the thermal image).

Well, I guess now I should play a bit with the config file to load by default  my Seek Thermal and sooner than later I should make a calibration table for my camera, ha!

Thanks again as usual for such a great tool!

Offline heatingrates

« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2019, 10:52:55 pm »
Hello thanks so much Joe for all your work!

I am sorry to bother but I just cannot get the image from my seek thermal xr to display. I think perhaps it is a problem with the calibration step but looking at the earlier discussion and problem that santasemilla had that solution is not working. The software does recognize when the camera is connected. My drivers are installed with zadig and SeekOfix (made by frenky) works as well as your earlier version bin_ThermoVision_JoeC_1.0.0.3. However now the image does not display. I have attached pictures that perhaps will help elucidate the problem.

Again I am really sorry to bother and ask for help but I have spent a very long time on this issue |O and I think I just don't have a strong enough understanding of the underlying code to address it.
Again thank you very much for your work Joe!

Offline flyingfishfinger

• Contributor
« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2019, 11:03:11 pm »
Yay new version!

Any luck with UWP export?

Cheers,
R

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2019, 09:36:04 pm »
Hello,

Any luck with UWP export?
sadly no, i tried 1-2 hours after installing the Win10SDK but without success :-\
it seems to need more than just some enabled options...

Hello thanks so much Joe for all your work!
you're welcome (all other too)
I am sorry to bother but I just cannot get the image from my seek thermal xr to display. I think perhaps it is a problem with the calibration step but looking at the earlier discussion and problem that santasemilla had that solution is not working. The software does recognize when the camera is connected. My drivers are installed with zadig and SeekOfix (made by frenky) works as well as your earlier version bin_ThermoVision_JoeC_1.0.0.3. However now the image does not display. I have attached pictures that perhaps will help elucidate the problem.

Again I am really sorry to bother and ask for help but I have spent a very long time on this issue |O and I think I just don't have a strong enough understanding of the underlying code to address it.
Again thank you very much for your work Joe!
you are far away bothering me  8)

the red streaming button indicates "no usable frame arrived".
Maybe the timeout is to low, or something wrong with the grabbing of the USB stream or the translation to a frame.
sadly i have no device here to reproduce this issue, i have 2 Seek XR here and they work on all PCs.

do you have the same problem if you use the "Device: TcamDLL"?

Offline flyingfishfinger

• Contributor
« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2019, 10:16:19 pm »

sadly no, i tried 1-2 hours after installing the Win10SDK but without success :-\
it seems to need more than just some enabled options...

Did you get any specific errors?

Alternatively something one could wrap up and run on Linux would work too, but while the program runs Wine does not support the required USB implementations...

R

Offline heatingrates

« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2019, 01:52:05 am »
do you have the same problem if you use the "Device: TcamDLL"?

I have attached a picture of what happens when I use TcamDLL. Thanks for your help! I will try with a different computer also.

Offline heatingrates

« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2019, 07:06:58 pm »
Perhaps my method is wrong. Here is my process.

I've installed the drivers with Zadig.
I then open Thermovision. I go to Device and under Vision setup I click show all supported devices and then in vision tools I select Seek_Thermal_WinUSB. I then go to calibration and select file Seek_compact_camera and press load. Then this is when under Device Seek Thermal Camera the connect button is green and the streaming button is red. Is there a step I am missing?

Thank you

Offline Thermal_Enthusiast_01

« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2019, 03:52:21 pm »
Hello Joe-c

I connect the Ht-a1 thermal sensor to my PC and it is the same signature as the Seek thermal sensor
USB \ VID_289D & PID_0010 & REV_0100 & MI_01
USB \ VID_289D & PID_0010 & MI_01
but zadig have no driver for com.thermal.pir206.1
why not ?

Have any on the com.thermal.pir206.1 driver for my ......

Oder was mach ich Falsch ? Geht das überhaupt umgekehrt von der Ht-A1 Sensormodul zum PC also erkennen tut er ihn scheinbar wie eine normale  Seek Thermal Kamera... Braucht mein Pc Win7 noch andere Treiber damit es klappt ?

Many Thanks !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf