Products > Thermal Imaging

Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC

<< < (64/69) > >>

joe-c:
Hello,

sorry for late response...

--- Quote from: ericb on December 25, 2020, 03:09:08 pm ---Just a question : is there a C++ or C version ? the only source code I found is C# not very kind for Linux use, but maybe I missed something ?

--- End quote ---
no, currently just c#. i know there is a Mono project on Linux but i have no experience there.

--- Quote from: APLe on January 03, 2021, 07:14:39 am ---Are there some possibilities for automatic starting video recorder in using Seek thermal with Thermal Vision?
I did not find any information about command line parameters in "help", I did not find example.bat file either. "ThermoVision_JoeC.exe /?" does not work too.

--- End quote ---
currently not yet, here is the collection of command line parameters:
https://www.joe-c.de/pages/posts/kommandobefehle_200.php

its possible to autoselect a TCS file (thermal camera setup) and enable a startup init there.
you have to edit this file:
ThermoVision_JoeC.exe.config

for autostart a video recording a have no solution yet.
best wishes

Santi-hr:
Hello,

I've working into extracting the thermal data of images from a UTi260B camera using a Python script.
One of its users discovered to me your fantastic program and we worked a way into importing the images using your IR-Image decoder. However it is a tedious task.

We would like to know if you want to add support for that camera.

You can find all the information about the format of the images at the bottom of the readme (or by checking the script code): https://github.com/Santi-hr/UNI-T-Thermal-Utilities
Also in the same repo you can find a couple of sample images.
Mainly, embbeded at the end of the file, there is a one byte grayscale matrix and the temperature ranges.

Edit: I found that the temperature conversion used by uni-t to store the thermal data lead to big errors when extracting the temperatures if the temperature range is large. If I find a way to characterize the non-linearty I will give an update

Best regards,
Santi

joe-c:

--- Quote from: Santi-hr on February 03, 2021, 11:24:29 pm ---Hello,

I've working into extracting the thermal data of images from a UTi260B camera using a Python script.
One of its users discovered to me your fantastic program and we worked a way into importing the images using your IR-Image decoder. However it is a tedious task.

We would like to know if you want to add support for that camera.

You can find all the information about the format of the images at the bottom of the readme (or by checking the script code): https://github.com/Santi-hr/UNI-T-Thermal-Utilities
Also in the same repo you can find a couple of sample images.
Mainly, embbeded at the end of the file, there is a one byte grayscale matrix and the temperature ranges.

Edit: I found that the temperature conversion used by uni-t to store the thermal data lead to big errors when extracting the temperatures if the temperature range is large. If I find a way to characterize the non-linearty I will give an update

Best regards,
Santi

--- End quote ---

sounds interesting, will be follow.  :-+

SpottedDick:
Joe-C:

Massive thanks for this software. I was about to return my Flir One as it useless with the free software that comes with it, but your software actually makes it OK for photographing electronics! The next IR camera up is double the price, so the fact that your software can make a €200 camera viable for photographing electronics is amazing!

I've three issues I'm hoping I'm just missing the options for.

1. IR cropping:
I can crop the visible image into the area that I want using the cropping tool, but I can't see an option to do this with the the IR image. This leaves a lot of blank space. See the attached example (Image_3.png).

2. Minimum temperature displayed with thermal blending:
When using the thermal blending feature, if I set the minimum temperature to (using the example image) 28°C, the overlay shows anything below the minimum temperature as the bottom of the scale. The more ideal soloution would be that the overlay is disabled for any reading below the minimum temperature. Is this an option that I can't see?

3. Scale on the output image:
The scale on the right of the output image. Is it possible to adjust this? In the example image, I have interpolation set to 2. The text on the scale becomes difficult to read. Is it possible to change the font size etc to make this easier to read? Same with the spot temperature points actually.

Thanks again! I would have returned the Flir one without this software as the standard Flir stuff is completely useless!

joe-c:

Hello,

last time i spend more time on hardware stuff like this:

But now i have more focus on this Software again.
I have a Debug version with UTi260B/UTi85A support:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yo1q3UuTPX505WDt2cs0cIBHJHIR87Dy/view?usp=sharing

Since i got the wrong model, i had some UTi85A images to play. I don't know why, but this camera images has 3 bytes offset and are 180° rotated.
Therefore i add a "180° Rotation" option.
Please let me know if someone has problems with the UNI-T *.BMP files (just send me a mail with sample images to joe@joe-c.de).

@SpottedDick

1. i never thought about. But it make sense in your case.
but its better to go loser to the board with the Camera for more details i guess.

2. the blending is just a overlay image with opacity.
for partial overlay there is a "visual isotherm" function, see "C2" example here:
https://joe-c.de/pages/posts/version_1.4.4.2_199.php#VisVariations

3. yes, the scale is not really flexible, i should improve this later...

best regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version