Products > Thermal Imaging

Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC

<< < (70/71) > >>

t_i_t_o:
Hello Joe-c,

I have a camera that streams raw 16bit (2 bytes per pixel) 640x480 @ 25 frames/sec i.e. values direct from the ADC.
The camera introduces itself as 640x480 USB web cam (UVC).
How can I configure your software so I can use it with my camera?

Played around with it but could not how to configure it. I saw on the first page of the thread that IR-Image Decoder might do the job, but nothing happens when I set the Settings button - no IR Image Grabber settings window is shown.

Thanks in advance!

joe-c:
Hello,

--- Quote from: t_i_t_o on October 20, 2021, 02:44:39 pm ---I have a camera that streams raw 16bit (2 bytes per pixel) 640x480 @ 25 frames/sec i.e. values direct from the ADC.
The camera introduces itself as 640x480 USB web cam (UVC).
How can I configure your software so I can use it with my camera?

--- End quote ---
the Devices "Webcam A" and "Webcam B" can be used to display a UVC image. But it can only show the image now, currently... there is no more "interpretation".

--- Quote from: t_i_t_o on October 20, 2021, 02:44:39 pm ---...I saw on the first page of the thread that IR-Image Decoder might do the job, but nothing happens when I set the Settings button - no IR Image Grabber settings window is shown...

--- End quote ---
I see there is an issue with displaying the Settings window from "IR-Image Decoder". This tool was copied from my Dev Tool and is only for debug. Initially, it was only designed to catch raw frames from files with fixed offset and step settings.

One of my Tasks is to move the IR-Image Decoder to a separate "Device". But "Improve stream speed" and "add thermal sequence again". comes first.
But it souds you are looking for a "special UVC stream", instead of reading a file right?

best regards

Hydron:
Hi Joe-C,

I've just had a play with your software, hoping to use it with the Multicomp MP780429 (a rebadged UTi80P) I just got. It seems that Thermovision_JoeC reads the BMP metadata info correctly (e.g. temperature span, emissivity etc) but renders a corrupted image in the viewer, as shown in the attachment.
[attach=1]
I will admit that I haven't managed to get through the whole thread - am I doing something wrong, or is this likely due to the UTi80P not being specifically supported? (The closest in the list is the similarly specified but different form factor UTi85).

I've also attached a couple of BMPs (zipped so the forum accepts them) from the camera in case it is a support issue and you're willing and able to make a fix.

Thanks!

APLe:
Hello, joe-c!
We develope the application for automatik thermal observation of laboratory rats. For this we use Seek Thermal Compact Pro cameras with you driver TC_SeekThermal.dll. The driver works perfectly with some cameras, but give huge noise with another (yet this noisy cameras works fine with Android application and with "ThermoVision_JoeC_V1.11" on PC).
Could you please advice, what's our mistake, and how could we fix it? Do you use some addition filtration or cleansing methods?
We gets our data by calling Get_ThermalFrame() or Get_RawFrame(), the result noise level is the same.
 Here are screenshots of our and yours applications with the same Seek Thermal camera.

joe-c:
Hello,

--- Quote from: Hydron on November 03, 2021, 10:32:44 pm ---I will admit that I haven't managed to get through the whole thread - am I doing something wrong, or is this likely due to the UTi80P not being specifically supported? (The closest in the list is the similarly specified but different form factor UTi85).

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the images, yes... the image format is different.
I removed the "Rotate 180°" for the UTi85A Camera and add a combobox with the 3 known types. The default "Auto" select the right settings on each image I have.
Just unzip this folder in your existing Thermovision folder and use the Version 1.11.0.3 from there:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ofm0rHTVzK64dFvFmpK3AUYL9yZg_gfY/view?usp=sharing

--- Quote from: APLe on November 14, 2021, 04:35:49 pm ---Could you please advice, what's our mistake, and how could we fix it? Do you use some addition filtration or cleansing methods?
We gets our data by calling Get_ThermalFrame() or Get_RawFrame(), the result noise level is the same.
Here are screenshots of our and yours applications with the same Seek Thermal camera.

--- End quote ---
The same image quality for "Get_ThermalFrame()" and "Get_RawFrame()" is expected, since it uses the same thermal frame and just convert the Uint16 values to a float array. There is no additional processing.
The Software has additional filters in the "Image Processing" Window, but they are not enabled by default.

I remember issues with some Seek cameras because they have an offset for the whole sensor.
Maybe you have to check the "Death pixel detection" while read the first frames. if the values are too wide, you have no death pixels detected and they are not filtered out. If the area is to tight, its possible most of the pixels are detected as defect pixels and they are maybe not filtered.
Interesting... the top left coner seems to be better.

best regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version