Author Topic: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC  (Read 510300 times)

Offline joe-cTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
Re: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC
« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2019, 12:28:07 pm »
Hello,
I've installed the drivers with Zadig.
Seek Thermal Camera the connect button is green and the streaming button is red. Is there a step I am missing?
normally after install the Zadig driver for seek a usb reconnect is necessary, but this don't explain why the old version works and the new not.
maybe i find the time to make some debug tool based on my seek playground:
http://www.joe-c.de/pages/posts/waermebildkamera_seek_thermal_178.php

I connect the Ht-a1 thermal sensor to my PC and it is the same signature as the Seek thermal sensor
USB \ VID_289D & PID_0010 & REV_0100 & MI_01
USB \ VID_289D & PID_0010 & MI_01
but zadig have no driver for com.thermal.pir206.1
why not ?

Have any on the com.thermal.pir206.1 driver for my ......

Oder was mach ich Falsch ? Geht das überhaupt umgekehrt von der Ht-A1 Sensormodul zum PC also erkennen tut er ihn scheinbar wie eine normale  Seek Thermal Kamera... Braucht mein Pc Win7 noch andere Treiber damit es klappt ?

Many Thanks !

Have you tried to use the "options->List All Devices"?
i just made 1 try with my seek programm and it don't work. maybe just another initialisation setting or other command for ask a frame.
i decide to make no more research on it and my HT 18 is already sold.

my opinion... sell your HT-A1 and buy a used Seek XR if you want to use a core on Pc... its cheaper and easier.

if you prefer write in german, send me a PM or email ;)

best wishes
joe-c
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

The following users thanked this post: Thermal_Enthusiast_01

Offline jumpy9734

• Contributor
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2019, 08:48:01 pm »
Interesting to see the "red streaming button" issue wasn't only happening to me (seek thermal compact standard) ;D

Maybe it could be the hardware itself? or the (post-2017) firmware on the device that is interfering with the software... or something to do with USB ports and cables.I'll try some more combinations with cables/micro usb/soldering etc i'll see what results i get and put some pictures here with the improvisations  :-/O
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 08:51:58 pm by jumpy9734 »

Offline triplex

• Contributor
« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2019, 01:43:58 pm »
Same issue here, seekofix works, 006 exetuable_debug works but none of of the thermovision versions i tried work. I couldn't find the 1.3 download though. If you have any ideas i could try to get it going would be nice.

Offline jumpy9734

• Contributor
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2019, 05:30:57 pm »
Same issue here, seekofix works, 006 exetuable_debug works but none of of the thermovision versions i tried work. I couldn't find the 1.3 download though. If you have any ideas i could try to get it going would be nice.

seekofix works, but unfortunately it doesn't have all the cool features from Thermovision  8)

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #279 on: July 04, 2019, 08:19:30 am »
Interesting to see the "red streaming button" issue wasn't only happening to me (seek thermal compact standard) ;D

Maybe it could be the hardware itself? or the (post-2017) firmware on the device that is interfering with the software... or something to do with USB ports and cables.I'll try some more combinations with cables/micro usb/soldering etc i'll see what results i get and put some pictures here with the improvisations  :-/O
Hello, sorry for let you waiting.
i have a testversion from by playground. please try this. if the "Valid Pixel Count" is zero, change the value to:
RawMin: 50
RawMax: 65500
and try again.

best wishes

Offline triplex

• Contributor
« Reply #280 on: July 04, 2019, 12:33:37 pm »
Still no success. However, after changing the values to 50 and 65500, then pressing "(Stream) Open Shutter" and then "Init normal" the streaming button DOES go green and says "Stop Streaming", valid pixel count still 0 and no picture appears. Tnx for all your help.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #281 on: July 04, 2019, 04:23:26 pm »
Next try, maybe the raw values are not in the expected range.
please use the attached Binary and tell me the log values from bottom left textbox.

Offline triplex

• Contributor
« Reply #282 on: July 04, 2019, 05:19:57 pm »
Doesn't show anything there, i tried checking the Quali_log checkbox but still nothing. Maybe i can give you some data from 006? Everything gets logged in that one fine and works flawlessly.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #283 on: July 05, 2019, 10:39:09 am »
Doesn't show anything there, i tried checking the Quali_log checkbox but still nothing. Maybe i can give you some data from 006? Everything gets logged in that one fine and works flawlessly.
if nothing was shown the problem is before the frame4 (calibration) arrives.

i compared the source from 006 and 011 and i see additional commands for the initialisation.

please try the next version, it starts with mode = 10.
if it works, try 11 and 8. maybe you need to reconnect the camera via USB and restart the application.

additional better write me a mail, its better we debug not here: joe@joe-c.de
best regards

Offline triplex

• Contributor
« Reply #284 on: July 05, 2019, 11:38:14 am »
It works! :)
8,10,11 worked perfectly fine.
Can we translate this solution to thermovision manually somehow?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 11:37:37 pm by triplex »

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #285 on: July 06, 2019, 11:32:43 am »
Can we translate this solution to thermovision manually somehow?

Hello,
the problem was additional commands on startup, it was while trys with reinit the core.
iteresting you have a problem with it and the most other not...

i modified the DLL, please try again the other application with the DLL binding.
if it works, exchange it with the DLL: \TVisionData\TCamDll2\TC_SeekThermal.dll
and enable the TCamDll2 device and you can use it in the Thermovision app.

the source of the DLL is here: http://www.joe-c.de/pages/posts/version_1.8.0.0_tcamdll_207.php
just commend the additional 2 commands (TCameraDll\TCamera.cs):
//device.ControlTransferOut(0x41, (byte)CMD.TOGGLE_SHUTTER , 0, 0, new byte[] { 1,0,0,0 });
//device.ControlTransferOut(0x41, (byte)CMD.SET_OPERATION_MODE , 0, 0, new byte[] { 0x00, 0x00 });

Offline triplex

• Contributor
« Reply #286 on: July 06, 2019, 02:29:21 pm »
Works! Perfect! Thank you :)

Offline jumpy9734

• Contributor
« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2019, 02:50:10 pm »
Seems like the modified .dll binding works fine, i'm getting an image now  :-+

If only i could make the SeekThermal part work...

Offline Musclor

• Contributor
« Reply #288 on: July 15, 2019, 02:12:25 am »
Question: I have a TE-Q1 Pro, running on a surface book 4 with windows 10, Thermovision 1.9.0.0
Firstly, this is an amazing piece of software, thank you ever so much.

I am however having issues when calibrating using the zadig driver.

a) It's my understanding using zadig is better than using the standard i3 driver, based on the looks of the pictures my camera takes, i'm tempted to agree, but I'm not sure why it is indeed of a 'better' quality - any reason?

b) I do have a major problem with temperature accuracy when using the 'cold/hot' card method. I take a non reflective piece of cold, uniform material, and aquire the first frame. I then blowtorch a barbecue-paint treated ruler to circa 70c and take the hot frame.

I can see the image, everything works except... all the temps are out of whack of course. I'm reading +-300c on average, I had worse :)

How can I use this feature and still get the 'real' temperature? (ideally from the thermapp, if not, I do own an IR thermometer, so I could calibrate I guess, but don't know how.

c) while I'm here, I might ask... :) - is there any value in using the 2 point or planck calibrations instead? Do they give better / consistant results? Just curious.

Also and finally, bonus questions but why is there an 'use extern processing' tickbox (what does it do?), what's the 'raw meas' square box and what does the NUC button do?

Sorry for all the questions but if we help each other eventually we'll all become masters of this superb software! cheers!

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #289 on: July 15, 2019, 09:50:36 pm »
Hello,

to a:
the i3 dll uses an AGC in byte range... this means your whole thermal image can have only < 255 different temperatures.
This is not a problem for any case, but See this image (scroll down to "Thermovision_17.jpg"):
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/freeware-software-for-thermal-analysis-thermovision_joec/msg1059430/#msg1059430
Or here a better version:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/i3-thermalexpert-custom-software/msg1055716/#msg1055716

to b:
the mapcal is the first step to deliver "clean" images (with AGC usable for Night vision).
but after it, you need to translate the "radiation raw" to a temperature.
the 2 point calibration is fast and easy, but not accurate.
the Planc calibration is the way how Flir convert on their cameras. My opinion... i trust flir and believe its a good way but i don't know how they calculate/aquire the values.
i guess with the right settings you can use the TE-Q1 for accurate temperature measurements.

to c:
not yet, only these 2 generics.
Also a good way, maybe a third option in the future is a lookup table. This means you collect the real temperature using a NTC or digital Thermometer and the raw from the camera. and this for each temperature step. with some interpolations between the steps and a calibration source like a Tec it should be possible to catch a "calibration table" by driving a sweep and use the generated table later to get the temperatures from the camera.
(the Multimeter "Owon Bt 35", connected via Bluetooth is usable as "Serial Sensor". Maybe a good way to capture the real temperature)

but there is a problem... the sensitivity of a pixel (gain) and the total value shift to all other pixels (offset) is shifting if the detector temperature rise or fall after the calibration.
Well for offset is no big deal, its done by a NUC. so you may only need a gain LUT.
You have 2 options:
1. fix the temperature of the detector using a Tec controller (in case of the TE or Seek, the whole camera, if you dont want to open)
2. you have to do a "characterization" of the detector. this means you collect the gain versus detector temperature. after this you have a "temperature compensated gain" and use this to get a raw radiation value after NUC.

sadly i have not enough time for my hobby...
1. A Flir PM 695 waiting for combination with a sony Camcorder (record images+videos to MemoryStick)
2. i want to build my own tec controller (for core stabilization and as calibration target)
3. My TE-Q1 has a sutter from a old VCR camera and a big lens but need more modifications to be usable
and some other... and this is only the hardware stuff.  :-/O

best wishes
joe-c

The following users thanked this post: santasemilla

Offline rpg22

« Reply #290 on: November 20, 2019, 09:32:40 am »
Hello

Is your software supporting HT-301 camera?
I have USB-c port on my laptop running win 10 and want to use it with it, not with the phone.

Thank you.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #291 on: November 24, 2019, 12:48:59 am »
Hello,

currently no support for the HT-301 camera.
have it a official driver or is it connectable via winusb "seek style"?

regards
joe-c

Offline d_hezel

« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2019, 08:37:09 pm »
Hello joe-c,

are there any news regarding the .hir-files of the Seek ShotPro or even about their integration into Thermovision?
Thanx for the effort you put into this great piece of software!

Kind regards,
Dominik

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2019, 05:47:12 pm »
are there any news regarding the .hir-files of the Seek ShotPro or even about their integration into Thermovision?
Thanx for the effort you put into this great piece of software!

Hi,
sorry i had no time spend on this yet,
can you send me some samples please?
best wishes

Offline alex871

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #294 on: December 22, 2019, 11:06:06 pm »
Is it possible to work images of the hti 301 thermal imaging camera with specific software? If so, which one ?

::)

Offline StDenits

« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2020, 09:06:14 am »
@joe-c
>have it a official driver or is it connectable via winusb "seek style"?
This is done by Dongguan Xintai Instrument Co.
Link to the user manual .

As I know, by default there are no drivers or software on the PC.

Offline DrRKropp

« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2020, 01:52:21 am »
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a Seek Compact Pro with USB-C connection. The camera doesn't work with my phone (Galaxy S9), but I have managed to get the USB driver and get some imaging through this app. I am having some trouble with the app, though. The font size and window scaling are all messed up so that I can't read the majority of the text, only the top half of the first row of words. I am using a retina display Macbook pro, 2015, booting into windows 10 with bootcamp. Is there a setting I can change, either in the app or windows, that will make everything visible?

Thanks so much for any guidance you can give.

Offline tonykids

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2020, 03:02:54 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a Seek Compact Pro with USB-C connection. The camera doesn't work with my phone (Galaxy S9), but I have managed to get the USB driver and get some imaging through this app. I am having some trouble with the app, though. The font size and window scaling are all messed up so that I can't read the majority of the text, only the top half of the first row of words. I am using a retina display Macbook pro, 2015, booting into windows 10 with bootcamp. Is there a setting I can change, either in the app or windows, that will make everything visible?

Set the windows display scaling to 100%.
You can set the scaling for this app separately(but i forget how to :)

The following users thanked this post: DrRKropp

Offline santasemilla

• Contributor
« Reply #298 on: February 23, 2020, 01:29:47 am »
Hi Everyone,

Hi! I had kind of a similar problem with a FHD display on an 11inch windows tablet some time ago. In the previous page I posted the solution I found. Check if you can follow what I've done. Hope it helps! Here is the quote to my post:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/freeware-software-for-thermal-analysis-thermovision_joec/msg2479905/#msg2479905

The following users thanked this post: DrRKropp

Offline diman083

« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2020, 05:38:49 pm »
Good afternoon. How to make the all max point add a few values in the range of 34 to 36 degrees Celsius?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf