Author Topic: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC  (Read 511209 times)

Offline JohnG

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC
« Reply #325 on: August 12, 2021, 01:56:53 pm »
This looks like extremely nice software with a lot of work behind it. However, I cannot use it since I own an Opgal Therm-App TH, so it appears that I cannot use it. However, the camera Android application will produce files suitable for IRT Cronista, and it would be nice to be able to read them with your application.

The format looks fairly simple. Each snapshot creates a directory, and I have attached a zipped example. The camera does not create the zip file, I did that only to upload it.

There are normally 3 files in the directory (timestamp = time snapshot was taken):
timestamp.jpg - normal jpg of therm-app image
timestamp_meta.json - contains camera application settings like emissivity, etc.
timestamp_temps.txt - a text file with the temperature values multiplied by 100 so that they are integers, e.g. 10768 means 107.68 deg C. It has 288 lines of 384 integers delimited with spaces.

There may be a fourth file which is present if you have looked at the image in IRT Cronista and saved anything:
timestamp_meta.nx.clt

This may also be helpful to other Therm-App TH users. I have recently had to update my computer, and I cannot transfer my IRT Cronista license to my new computer. Opgal has been little help, and Grayess, which makes IRT Cronista, has been totally unresponsive. So, I looked at the files and can read images, but I am a poor programmer and your software looks much better than anything I will produce.

Any help is appreciated, but I realize I am asking for more free work. In the meantime, I will keep going using Octave to look at my images, but it is not optimal.

Thanks,
John
"Reality is that which, when you quit believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick (RIP).

Offline RogerFx

« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2021, 05:21:24 pm »
Hello everyone and specially to the creator of such interesting and good software from Joe.

I have Seek Shot and when I open a .hir image and use spot measurements or other, it does not match the ones by the camera. I´m trying to do the 2 point calibration in manual mode to see the low and high points, but it does not matter how many times I modify it, when I go back to the image and make measurements it is exactly the same as before. No changes.

I appreciate any help from Joe that most be really busy with all the questions from everyone and also further updating the software, so if there is anyone out there using a Seek Shot and has some experience or has solve it, I much appreciate any help. I´m probably sure that I am missing some steps or something else being done wrong.

Thanks,

« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 04:22:44 pm by RogerFx »

Offline MegaHurtz

• Contributor
« Reply #327 on: August 21, 2021, 12:31:12 am »
Good day.  Bloody forehead here.  |O

Have a cheap Seek Compact.  Am able to use it on the PC if I run Seek0Fix 0.4 (after zadiag'g the drivers).

Tried JoeC's ThermoVision 1.9 to 1.11, with minimal good vibes:
  • 1.11 emits status dialog on connect about not detecting a sensor.
  • 1.10 down to 1.8 seems to touch the camera (pulls in version and serial), but no image is displayed on connect.
So, I suspect that I'm doing something a bit obtuse.  Does anyone know of a walk-through where the successful use of a Seek Compact is documented with one of the versions of ThermoVision_JoeC?

Host box is a Win10 64b machine which looks to have .net 2.0.50727, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0.30319 installed.

Comments/Suggestion requested.  Please and Thanks!  :-+

-MHz

« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 12:35:30 am by MegaHurtz »

Offline svc

« Reply #328 on: August 22, 2021, 11:21:02 am »
Good day.  Bloody forehead here...

I have exactly the same trouble... On the same FW version... Is the reason that we have "Compact" version, not "Compact PRO"?..
B.t.w. I have success not only with SeekOFix but also with SeekThermal-006 by JoeC...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 07:13:39 am by svc »

Offline MegaHurtz

• Contributor
« Reply #329 on: August 22, 2021, 07:25:36 pm »
Is the reason that we have "Compact" version, not "Compact PRO"?..
Unknown.  I suspect that the root reason is that the devs have moved on to more capable hardware and are focused on newer and different efforts.  Can't blame someone for being human.

I have exactly the same trouble...
Well, I'm glad to know that I am not the only one flailing around with these older units.  Was beginning to fell like I was on an island all alone, except a few imaginary friends...  Wilson, is that you?  ... WILSON!?!

B.t.w. I have success not only with SeekOFix but also with SeekThermal-006 by JoeC...
  Thank you for pointing that out!  Now, to see if newer versions can be somehow made to play with this model of sensor.

Offline tonykids

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2021, 03:14:04 pm »
So, I suspect that I'm doing something a bit obtuse.  Does anyone know of a walk-through where the successful use of a Seek Compact is documented with one of the versions of ThermoVision_JoeC?
I have a compact XR(the only difference from compact is lens ) and compact pro,they all work well on version 1.6 to 1.11
my os is win7 and  zadig 2.5

Offline svc

« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2021, 04:04:01 pm »
I have a compact XR ... and compact pro, they all work well on version 1.6 to 1.11
Both tonykids's devices FW are version 1.x.x.x. In other hand svc's (my own) and MegaHurtz's devices have 4.x.x.x.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 04:06:15 pm by svc »

Offline tonykids

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2021, 07:29:12 am »
Both tonykids's devices FW are version 1.x.x.x. In other hand svc's (my own) and MegaHurtz's devices have 4.x.x.x.
as i recall,use old version of seekthermal mobile app and it will downgrade the firmware

Offline svc

« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2021, 08:51:20 am »
as i recall,use old version of seekthermal mobile app and it will downgrade the firmware
Yes. It is from manual:
Firmware Updates

From time to time, updates to the Seek Thermal mobile app (both platforms) will be released, as well as firmware updates for the Seek Compact imager.  If a mobile app update includes a firmware update for the imager, your imager will update automatically the next time you connect to your mobile device and run the app. If  for  some  reason  your  mobile  device  is  running  an  older  version  of  the  Seek  Thermal  app,  and  you  connect  an  imager running a newer firmware that is not compatible, your app will automatically update the imager to match.  The next time you connect your imager to a device running the current Seek Thermal app, it will automatically update back to the matching version.
Here are lot of old version packages... But I haven't smartphone to try such downdate :(

P.S. ...However, there are many reports on the Internet that such downgrading does not work...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 06:05:27 am by svc »

Offline svc

« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2021, 03:53:45 pm »
Good day.  Bloody forehead here.
Тhe solution is described here.

Offline MegaHurtz

• Contributor
« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2021, 04:20:43 am »
Тhe solution is described here.

Way friggin kewl.!.  I'll take a peek there shortly. I note that your pic seems to depict that you aren't using the Seek Thermal sensor selection, but rather the tcamdll2 sensor selection.  Meh, prolly a moot point. Thank you for your time in tracking it down and helping.  Much appreciated.

-MHz

Offline svc

« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2021, 06:01:18 am »
I note that your pic seems to depict that you aren't using the Seek Thermal sensor selection, but rather the tcamdll2 sensor selection.
The PC—SeekThermal interaction functionality is built into the executable file. To change it, you need to recompile the exe. It is easier and faster to load the changed functionality in the form of a dll into some already existing section (TCamDll 2 in our case).
Thank you for your time in tracking it down and helping.
Nothing personal. I just had the same problem. And as the Muslims say, if someone found information, but hid it from the others, they will be beaten with fire reins in the next world :-)

Offline MegaHurtz

• Contributor
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2021, 07:43:00 am »
The PC—SeekThermal interaction functionality is built into the executable file. To change it, you need to recompile the exe. It is easier and faster to load the changed functionality in the form of a dll into some already existing section (TCamDll 2 in our case).
Makes complete sense.

Nothing personal. I just had the same problem. And as the Muslims say, if someone found information, but hid it from the others, they will be beaten with fire reins in the next world :-)
:)  I am indeed now able to get some imagery from the Seek Compact on v1.11.  You da mahn.

I was having a biotch of a time with the temp display range - ended up forcing both min and max.  Suspect that a cal is needed, or a dead pixel map, or yeah, those and likely more.  RTFM'g is in my future as I need to figure out how to use these tools that JoeC crafted for the community.  In sha'Allah, several cups-o-joe tea are in Sir Joe's future.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 08:04:11 am by MegaHurtz »

Offline joe-cTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2021, 11:26:51 pm »
Hi JohnG,

thank you for your description of the image format and the sample file.

Its the first time i read in folders as images in the Image browser, please try out the Debug version.
Just unzip into existing folder: ThermoVision_JoeC_V1.11.0.0_FullPackage
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ab5Oxju-TI7Q3hKxvoOA8EiKKF5vWrSU/view?usp=sharing

Some Notes about it:
- you have to select the folder with the subfolder of images
- if found, the preview was shown (<someName>.jpg have to match with <someName>_temp.txt)
- folders with missing "_temp.txt" are sorted out
- the jason file is read in if found (if not, there is no error, just a info in the Device: Opgal ThermApp Log)
- its possible to choose between:
--Autoscale: take the min and max from thermal frame
--Scale from meta: take the min and max from jason if found (use autoscale if not found)
- additional files and subfolders are ignored

Hi RogerFx,

after try with my hir files I found and solved a bug. Sorry, my fault ::)
Additional I add support for 2 Spots instead of the cal box.
Note: the calibrations are using to read in the thermal frame. If you changed a calibration, its necessary to read the image again to see the actual values.

Hi All,

Additional changes:
- Bosch GTC 400c formular improved
thanks to pklaus:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/infos-on-the-handheld-camera-bosch-professional-gtc-400-c/msg3547209/#msg3547209
- Seek Thermal has a new option above the Version information
 its called "Startup with Operation=0"

If I disable it, my Camera starts and I got an image, but I can no more change the mode to "Raw" since the camera don't send frames after.
But I have only a 1.3.0.0 camera here and the App seems don't update it. But maybe the 4.x.x.x versions work differently here, please try out.

Hope it works like expected.

Best regards
joe-c
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

The following users thanked this post: siiiia

Offline svc

« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2021, 07:16:22 am »
...please try out. Hope it works like expected.
Guten Tag, Joe-C. Freut mich Sie zu hören... It's like it doesn't work. FW version is 4.8.2.1.

Offline MegaHurtz

• Contributor
« Reply #340 on: August 31, 2021, 04:49:17 am »
Does Thermovision_JoeC allow for streaming of the IR Image via MJPEG, RTSP, or similar (i.e. like an IP camera), to enable display of the IR image in another app, such as octoprint (3D printing context)?

Joe-C, are you accepting 'undocumented feature' reports?  I'm observing some UI and functional quirkiness with v1.11.x.x that is a bit unexpected.  I'll try the latest version you just pushed, to see if these are resolved, or if it has other issues such as svc had denoted.

As a test/proof of concept, I ended up cobbling an OEM 5MP AutoFocus Color Camera sensor onto the external surface of the Seek's enclosure, hoping that I would be able to correlate a nice IR overlay onto a board image that is reasonably aligned with the IR camera (minimal parallax, etc.).  The results are pretty darn good, I think - certainly makes for a setup that offers me less buyer's remorse, when contrasting this setup against the capabilities of other sensors.  Pretty pleased at the moment.   :clap:

EDIT:  In case someone else is interested in this approach with an OEM EO camera module, the one I got is here.  It can be had for less if ordered from across the Pacific - I was too impatient... lol.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 02:01:25 am by MegaHurtz »

Offline MegaHurtz

• Contributor
« Reply #341 on: September 01, 2021, 03:00:48 am »
After mucking around for a bit, I ended up getting 1.11.0.1 DEBUG running, as depicted below.  I didn't get a chance to deep dive into the issues discussed above. 

Nag: I was unable to connect to my Seek Compact v4.8.2.1 using the Seek Thermal device ('startup w/ op 0/1' made no difference), just a red connect after attempting to connect (status bar above VisionTools reads 'Seek Thermal_Connect->seek Thermal Camera not Found!' thereafter on both attempts too).  This is the same results that @svc reported above.

Minor Nag: As with 1.11.0.0, window states/positions/layouts are not honored when app is started.  I don't know if it is a 'not saving the windowing info successfully' when app is closed, or a not honoring config saved positions at time of app start, or if this was never baked into the intended functions of the app.  I guess I am assuming that it is written to save state on exit and restore same on start.?.  I assert that I am using this app on a multi-monitor instantiation of W10 x64 - maybe the app wasn't coded to support a multi-monitor use case.?.

Minor Nag: WebcamA image stream window gets entitled WebcamB - this is a carry-over from 1.11.0.0.

Fixed: 1.11.0.0's UI issue with image browser tab selection nuking other subpanes of the dockpanel control.  Felt like auto-maximize was mucking with things even though it was overtly disabled.

Nag: When using the tcamdll2 device, I was able to get it to toss an exception coincident with a NUC when connected thereto.  This was seemingly random, but I am working to see if I can get it to reproduce reliably (I perceive that it has to do with when a rotation is applied to the MainIR sensor via the status bar above VisionTools - sometimes it reports that it is disabled because frame Width > Mapcal Width, other times it tosses the exception)).  Exception text follows:

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at ThermoVision_JoeC.Komponenten.ThermalFrameProcessing.classMapcal.Shift_OffsetMap(ThermalFrameRaw TFraw)
   at ThermoVision_JoeC.frmCalibration.btn_calSeek_NUC_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ThermoVision_JoeC
    Assembly Version: 1.11.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.11.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/ThermoVision_JoeC.exe
CommonTVisionJoeC
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/_dlls/CommonTVisionJoeC.DLL
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking
    Assembly Version: 2.9.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/_dlls/WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DLL
TVTabletWindow
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/_dlls/TVTabletWindow.EXE
ZedGraph
    Assembly Version: 5.1.2.878
    Win32 Version: 5.1.2.878
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/_dlls/ZedGraph.DLL
PresentationFramework
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Xaml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
PresentationFramework.Aero2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll
AForge.Video.DirectShow
    Assembly Version: 2.1.5.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.5.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/_dlls/AForge.Video.DirectShow.DLL
AForge.Video.VFW
    Assembly Version: 2.1.3.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/_dlls/AForge.Video.VFW.DLL
AForge.Video
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/_dlls/AForge.Video.DLL
AForge.Imaging
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/_dlls/AForge.Imaging.DLL
AForge
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/_dlls/AForge.DLL
PresentationFramework-SystemCore
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemCore.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
TC_SeekThermal
    Assembly Version: 1.0.7126.23771
    Win32 Version: 1.11.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TodWu/Desktop%202/TV11%20-%20Copy/TVisionBinary/ThermoVision_JoeC.exe

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 06:58:02 pm by MegaHurtz »

Offline jaime alberto jerez

« Reply #342 on: September 03, 2021, 05:17:05 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, I bought the "seek thermal compact", I'm using the ThermoVision_JoeC_V1.11.0.0 version. "devide tcamDLL2?

I want to ask you the favor of teaching me to calibrate the camera, I don't know which one: 2 point cal, plank cal, base.

If you could give me a basic tutorial since I did not understand very well what joe explains on his page:

http://joe-c.de/pages/posts/planck_calibration_209.php

or if someone has a calibration file could share it with me.

Thank you very much I hope you can help me

Offline JohnG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #343 on: September 03, 2021, 03:03:07 pm »
Hi JohnG,

thank you for your description of the image format and the sample file.

Its the first time i read in folders as images in the Image browser, please try out the Debug version.
Just unzip into existing folder: ThermoVision_JoeC_V1.11.0.0_FullPackage
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ab5Oxju-TI7Q3hKxvoOA8EiKKF5vWrSU/view?usp=sharing

Some Notes about it:
- you have to select the folder with the subfolder of images
- if found, the preview was shown (<someName>.jpg have to match with <someName>_temp.txt)
- folders with missing "_temp.txt" are sorted out
- the jason file is read in if found (if not, there is no error, just a info in the Device: Opgal ThermApp Log)
- its possible to choose between:
--Autoscale: take the min and max from thermal frame
--Scale from meta: take the min and max from jason if found (use autoscale if not found)
- additional files and subfolders are ignored

Hi joe-c,

I have only had time to do some initial testing, but it appears to work and now I can explore the software a bit the next time I have a chance.

I can load an directory of IRT Cronista image directories, the previews show up properly in the browser, and they can be opened by double-clicking. Now I will have to review the whole thread and learn to use the software...

Vielen Dank!
John
"Reality is that which, when you quit believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick (RIP).

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #344 on: September 05, 2021, 01:02:13 am »
Hello,
I compared the source with Tcam DLL and the Seek device hopefully work now.
(removed some waits during sequence and the IDs read before not between...)
Debug 1.11.0.2 here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1znOScy11FUWAq8u-zbgAvum3yC__GmtP/view?usp=sharing

This should give the ability to experiment with the raw mode...
The Raw mode of the Seek don't use the shutter, therefore some pixels can go to ADC clipping. better wait for warmup before.
I want to ask you the favor of teaching me to calibrate the camera, I don't know which one: 2 point cal, plank cal, base.

If you could give me a basic tutorial since I did not understand very well what joe explains on his page:

http://joe-c.de/pages/posts/planck_calibration_209.php

or if someone has a calibration file could share it with me.

I haven't spend more time to explore the seek. This guide for a calibration work for every thermal camera.
Basically you have to collect the information: Raw X means Temperature Y
for this you have to use a object with known Temperature.
Maybe the easiest way is to use my calibration and adjust the offset...
1. look at a object with known temperature and place a spot measurement there
2. go to Calibration->Tab:Planck->Planck Kalibr...oh... this should not be german ;)
3. adjust the "Planck_O" Value until the spot shows the real temperature of your object
4. close planck window
5. go to Calibration->Save Cal file->Save
Now the temperatures should match better. The Seek shift the gain and offset on each shutter... additional they are dependent on seek device temperature.

Does Thermovision_JoeC allow for streaming of the IR Image via MJPEG, RTSP, or similar (i.e. like an IP camera), to enable display of the IR image in another app, such as octoprint (3D printing context)?

Joe-C, are you accepting 'undocumented feature' reports?

Network image stream like MJPG:
is currently not supported, but I want to have it.
I want a "color translation" too, to support any kind of live image from a analog camera using a video grabber.
the plan is to setup a color scale and define min and max and translate all colors from live image to a thermal frame.

Not sure I understand 'undocumented feature' reports correctly... but yes.
if you found something unexpected, tell me.  8)

Window and pane positions:
pane positions are only stored if not maximized. Select ImageBrowser, CameraCommanderFlir and Report will auto maximize on select (can be disabled in Settings window).
Windows position restore let into problems if you move it to another monitor you don't have any more. Therefore the default window startup is used.
I had this problem with a Notebook. The window startup outside of the screen.

WebcamB Window on Webcam A:
aha, yes... I have to remove a entry from language file. The language files rename controls.
But the Webcam form is used twice, just open "MainForm.txt" and remove
frmWebcam   WebcamA
frmWebcam   WebcamB
after next restart the windows are named correctly. (already done in this debug)

About the error message, thanks for note, I look later at this.

I know it would be better to have a better Documentation or WIKI, but I haven't the time for this extra project.
when my wife walks through our apartment, she always has... "ideas"...
"we need this"... "we should do that"...

BTW: nice Camera attachment. Additional you should think about a heat sink at the Seek for better thermal stabilization.
I used a LED lamp with alloy housing and attach a seek and a webcam there.

Kind regards
Joe-c

The following users thanked this post: MegaHurtz, jaime alberto jerez

Offline t_i_t_o

• Contributor
« Reply #345 on: October 20, 2021, 02:44:39 pm »
Hello Joe-c,

I have a camera that streams raw 16bit (2 bytes per pixel) 640x480 @ 25 frames/sec i.e. values direct from the ADC.
The camera introduces itself as 640x480 USB web cam (UVC).
How can I configure your software so I can use it with my camera?

Played around with it but could not how to configure it. I saw on the first page of the thread that IR-Image Decoder might do the job, but nothing happens when I set the Settings button - no IR Image Grabber settings window is shown.

Thanks in advance!

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2021, 08:29:06 pm »
Hello,
I have a camera that streams raw 16bit (2 bytes per pixel) 640x480 @ 25 frames/sec i.e. values direct from the ADC.
The camera introduces itself as 640x480 USB web cam (UVC).
How can I configure your software so I can use it with my camera?
the Devices "Webcam A" and "Webcam B" can be used to display a UVC image. But it can only show the image now, currently... there is no more "interpretation".
...I saw on the first page of the thread that IR-Image Decoder might do the job, but nothing happens when I set the Settings button - no IR Image Grabber settings window is shown...
I see there is an issue with displaying the Settings window from "IR-Image Decoder". This tool was copied from my Dev Tool and is only for debug. Initially, it was only designed to catch raw frames from files with fixed offset and step settings.

One of my Tasks is to move the IR-Image Decoder to a separate "Device". But "Improve stream speed" and "add thermal sequence again". comes first.
But it souds you are looking for a "special UVC stream", instead of reading a file right?

best regards

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #347 on: November 03, 2021, 10:32:44 pm »
Hi Joe-C,

I've just had a play with your software, hoping to use it with the Multicomp MP780429 (a rebadged UTi80P) I just got. It seems that Thermovision_JoeC reads the BMP metadata info correctly (e.g. temperature span, emissivity etc) but renders a corrupted image in the viewer, as shown in the attachment.
1314749-0
I will admit that I haven't managed to get through the whole thread - am I doing something wrong, or is this likely due to the UTi80P not being specifically supported? (The closest in the list is the similarly specified but different form factor UTi85).

I've also attached a couple of BMPs (zipped so the forum accepts them) from the camera in case it is a support issue and you're willing and able to make a fix.

Thanks!

Offline APLe

« Reply #348 on: November 14, 2021, 04:35:49 pm »
Hello, joe-c!
We develope the application for automatik thermal observation of laboratory rats. For this we use Seek Thermal Compact Pro cameras with you driver TC_SeekThermal.dll. The driver works perfectly with some cameras, but give huge noise with another (yet this noisy cameras works fine with Android application and with "ThermoVision_JoeC_V1.11" on PC).
Could you please advice, what's our mistake, and how could we fix it? Do you use some addition filtration or cleansing methods?
We gets our data by calling Get_ThermalFrame() or Get_RawFrame(), the result noise level is the same.
 Here are screenshots of our and yours applications with the same Seek Thermal camera.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #349 on: November 14, 2021, 10:45:31 pm »
Hello,
I will admit that I haven't managed to get through the whole thread - am I doing something wrong, or is this likely due to the UTi80P not being specifically supported? (The closest in the list is the similarly specified but different form factor UTi85).

Thank you for the images, yes... the image format is different.
I removed the "Rotate 180°" for the UTi85A Camera and add a combobox with the 3 known types. The default "Auto" select the right settings on each image I have.
Just unzip this folder in your existing Thermovision folder and use the Version 1.11.0.3 from there:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ofm0rHTVzK64dFvFmpK3AUYL9yZg_gfY/view?usp=sharing

Could you please advice, what's our mistake, and how could we fix it? Do you use some addition filtration or cleansing methods?
We gets our data by calling Get_ThermalFrame() or Get_RawFrame(), the result noise level is the same.
Here are screenshots of our and yours applications with the same Seek Thermal camera.
The same image quality for "Get_ThermalFrame()" and "Get_RawFrame()" is expected, since it uses the same thermal frame and just convert the Uint16 values to a float array. There is no additional processing.
The Software has additional filters in the "Image Processing" Window, but they are not enabled by default.

I remember issues with some Seek cameras because they have an offset for the whole sensor.
Maybe you have to check the "Death pixel detection" while read the first frames. if the values are too wide, you have no death pixels detected and they are not filtered out. If the area is to tight, its possible most of the pixels are detected as defect pixels and they are maybe not filtered.
Interesting... the top left coner seems to be better.

best regards

The following users thanked this post: Hydron, APLe

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf