Author Topic: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC  (Read 512091 times)

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Freeware Software for Thermal Analysis: Thermovision_JoeC
« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2021, 10:43:04 am »
Cheers, the debug version seems to open the images automagically now, didn't need to change any settings and the problem is fixed :)

Offline redbook

• Contributor
« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2021, 02:02:39 pm »

yes, the HIT-301 and also PureThermal cameras are not supported...
http://www.joe-c.de/pages/posts/unterstuetze_kameras_supported_cameras_195.php

the reason is simple, i have no camera of this type to play with.

Hi there,

It seems the HT-201 works with the Thermovision.

HT-201 Test Upgrade Top Wärmebildkamera mit 15FPS am PC! Thermal Camera

https://youtu.be/euzrK6geT3I

:)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 02:05:04 pm by redbook »

Offline APLe

« Reply #352 on: November 16, 2021, 02:59:22 pm »
I remember issues with some Seek cameras because they have an offset for the whole sensor.
As far as we see in WinUSB and TC_SeekThermal.dll, we consider the offset fine. Yet the picture is terrible.
By the way, some years ago you said, that you have the plan of making your program open source. So could we probably look to your source codes? We would be grateful for this, because it looks like we make only a little error, but this bug makes terrible results.

Offline flyingfishfinger

• Contributor
« Reply #353 on: November 30, 2021, 09:45:51 pm »
Hi,
I have a Seek Compact Pro, which generally works fine. However, I am unclear on how to use "Raw" mode - when I click it, nothing happens and the shutter keeps triggering regularly as normal. My device has firmware 1.0.3.0 if this makes any difference.

How is Raw mode meant to work?

R

Offline mr_pedro

« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2021, 01:10:55 am »
I got Seek Thermal Compact Pro and used it with this program. Pretty cool stuff. Although I think my cam had too many dead pixels, so I returned it and will probably order another one.

Also I had pretty thick line of pixels with different values (I didn't see it when it was connected to phone, because conveniently it was hidden behind the bar with temperature). I didn't see anything similar in other pictures in this thread though, so probably it's due to my sensor being faulty  :( You can see it on the right.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 01:17:20 am by mr_pedro »

Offline joe-cTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #355 on: December 07, 2021, 11:00:19 pm »
As far as we see in WinUSB and TC_SeekThermal.dll, we consider the offset fine. Yet the picture is terrible.
By the way, some years ago you said, that you have the plan of making your program open source. So could we probably look to your source codes? We would be grateful for this, because it looks like we make only a little error, but this bug makes terrible results.
If i look at my time to work on this project i guess it will be better to allow other to improve this too.

But i already have an very basic display example here, it's an easier small project and it is a better area to figure out what's going wrong:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/generic-thermal-camera-interface-dll/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/freeware-software-for-thermal-analysis-thermovision_joec/msg2097619/#msg2097619
I have a Seek Compact Pro, which generally works fine. However, I am unclear on how to use "Raw" mode - when I click it, nothing happens and the shutter keeps triggering regularly as normal. My device has firmware 1.0.3.0 if this makes any difference.

How is Raw mode meant to work?
Raw means the Camera initialized with "image processing mode" byte 1 instead of 8. But this sadly don't work for the Seek pro.
Maybe the Raw mode was a "not closed debug access" at the compact version. Anyway, the Seek pro has not a known Raw mode yet, sorry.
Also I had pretty thick line of pixels with different values (I didn't see it when it was connected to phone, because conveniently it was hidden behind the bar with temperature). I didn't see anything similar in other pictures in this thread though, so probably it's due to my sensor being faulty  :( You can see it on the right.
Is this line there on each connect? Have you tried other applications like "SeekOFix"?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/seekofix-new-windows-software-for-seekthermal/
Do they show the same?

best regards
Freeware Thermal Analysis Software: ThermoVision_Joe-C
Some Thermal cameras: Kameras

Offline MFX

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #356 on: December 22, 2021, 08:07:08 pm »
I have a Seek Compact Pro that I'm trying to get working on a Windows 10 laptop but am having problems installing the driver it shows in Device manager as Unknown USB device (Descriptor Request Failed) and zadig fails to install a driver. Extensive Googling hasn't thrown up anything definitive, has anyone else had this issue?

Offline florisvk

« Reply #357 on: December 29, 2021, 12:58:27 am »
First, wow, this is amazing. Thank you for putting all this effort and sharing your software.
I am interested in doing post-analysis and doing some clean up work on Seek ShotPro .hir files, probably in julia or matlab.

You mentioned some details on what you found in the example file back in 2019:
Hello,
interesting... a 2.5Mb file compressed to 0.8Mb.

i attach what i found. seems to be a stored jpg file with attached raw frame and visual frame (with Y map followed by color data).

From the pictures I gathered and guess:
- JFIF container that has JPEG data at the usual location with the completely processed picture. (noisy bit on Screen_2)
- Then a block with radiometric data stored as a bitmap (unsigned 16bit, 320x240)
- Then a block with intensity visual data stored as a bitmap
- Further blocks with color visual data (YCbCr I suppose?)

Am I correct on this?
I suppose the bitmap encoding also explains the unexpected high compression ratio for a jpeg file?

How do you convert the 16bit data to temperature? Was the colormap & min/max temperature stored in the .hir file as well?

Offline moonraker

« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2022, 12:29:30 am »
Hi.
Is there support for Infiray T2L camera? Or hope for it in the future? :)

Regards

Offline electronus

« Reply #359 on: January 24, 2022, 09:16:23 pm »
Seek thermal with Device FW: 4.8.2.1
Unfortunately even with debug 1.11.0.1 or 1.11.0.2 it doesn't work, as well as with Seek Thermal .net v001 binary.
While SeekOFix 0.4 works fine. Replaced debug 0.1/0.2 dll's using SeekOFix ones either didn't helped.

Offline economist1

« Reply #360 on: February 23, 2022, 08:53:11 pm »
Hi,

I have a seek compact with FW: 4.8.1.9 and I managed to get to work in Temp mode either through the TC_SeekThermal.dll or directly through SeekThermal tab in Thermovision.
However, the raw mode never works, the camera either hangs or there is no change in shutter's behaviour (it keeps clikcing every 8 seconds).

I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether in the newer firmwares  raw mode has been disabled?
I've had a go at playing around with the formulas in "Seek_SendInit(bool RawMode)" and it seems that many of them make no difference / are now redundant (i've commented them out) and only one of them is needed to initialise the camera ( device.ControlTransferOut(65, 60, 0, 0, new byte[2] { 1, 0 });) , which suggests the interface has been simplified?
Does anyone have any suggestion how to find out a new way to enable raw on seek compact (as device.ControlTransferOut(65, 62, 0, 0, new byte[2] { 1, 0 }) no longer works) without resoorting to time consuming trial and error?

Also, does Map Cal make any sense in Temp mode?

Thanks

Offline Stereo

• Contributor
« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2022, 04:08:40 pm »
 Hello! Can I work with "direct api" interface instead of "webcam'' on PureThermal1 + fir one Lepton? Thanks
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 06:19:44 pm by Stereo »

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #362 on: June 15, 2022, 09:19:17 pm »
Hi,
Is there support for Infiray T2L camera? Or hope for it in the future? :)
Not now. this may need another UVC library with more access than only the images.
However, the raw mode never works, the camera either hangs or there is no change in shutter's behaviour (it keeps clikcing every 8 seconds).
It sounds like the conversion between Raw->Temp not work correctly.
Is in "Calibration" the "Seek_Autolad" loaded? See the blue box.
If yes, try to check "2 point Cal." below the blue box.
Also, does Map Cal make any sense in Temp mode?
no, its only designed to be used in raw mode.
Hello! Can I work with "direct api" interface instead of "webcam'' on PureThermal1 + fir one Lepton? Thanks
Not yet, its the same problem like the T2L. Currently used library delivers only bitmaps from selected camera. Additional UVC commands are not supported yet.

best regards

Offline nihil1983

« Reply #363 on: July 01, 2022, 05:40:53 am »
Dear All,
I have a Seek Compact, a win 10 pro, and USB-C extension cable. I have installed USB driver using Zadig 2.7. SeekOFix 0.4 exe works, SeekThermal_006 works.

However ThermoVision V1.11.0.0 does not works: I am not able to connect Seek Compact to it.

I am sure I am missing some steps, any idea or help?

Should I try with other laptop? other ThermoVision version?

Secondary question: is it possible to connect Seek Shot Camera?

Thank you for your incredible work.

Offline CleanUnbox

• !
« Reply #364 on: July 05, 2022, 07:41:36 pm »
If if give you the full Xtherm SDK could you adapt it to make the InfiRay T2 and T3 series work with your analysis software?

Offline Hiwyx

« Reply #365 on: August 11, 2022, 08:02:20 pm »
Hey there,
Anyone knows how I can adjust the device window? No matter how big I make it, the actual frame stays very small

Offline mr_pedro

« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2022, 07:49:24 pm »
Is this line there on each connect? Have you tried other applications like "SeekOFix"?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/seekofix-new-windows-software-for-seekthermal/
Do they show the same?

That line was seen on every reconnect. Now I'm back with another SeekThermal unit and still got the same issue, so I think this might be actually something wrong with my USB->USB-C dongle or USB cable...
I tried SeekOFix, but it doesn't even detect my camera :( Will mess around with it more soon-ish and let you know, if I find something interesting.
As for my new unit here is deathPixelMap and picture:

I got 0.2% better result this time, but most importantly I don't have a line of consecutive dead pixels, so it was worth it :)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 07:55:33 pm by mr_pedro »

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2022, 06:51:35 pm »
If if give you the full Xtherm SDK could you adapt it to make the InfiRay T2 and T3 series work with your analysis software?
It whould be nice... do you have a .net SDK? Maybe you can send me: joe@joe-c.de
Hey there,
Anyone knows how I can adjust the device window? No matter how big I make it, the actual frame stays very small
This looks like a "Text scale above 100%" issue, since Win10.
But this should not happen with version 1.11.0.0, or did you use an older version?

The size of the window has not much impact on frame rate. But you can disable all processings and hide the "histogram" window, this is currently the best way to improve the FPS.
That line was seen on every reconnect. Now I'm back with another SeekThermal unit and still got the same issue, so I think this might be actually something wrong with my USB->USB-C dongle or USB cable...
I tried SeekOFix, but it doesn't even detect my camera :( Will mess around with it more soon-ish and let you know, if I find something interesting.
As for my new unit here is deathPixelMap and picture:

I got 0.2% better result this time, but most importantly I don't have a line of consecutive dead pixels, so it was worth it :)
Sorry, bad news... i missed you have a seek pro.
With normal seek i was able to set "image processing mode" to 1 instead of 8, this enables the "raw" mode...
no sutter, no pixel value shifting after shutter...
but this dont work with the seek pro, it always looks like the "normal mode" with frequently rising shutter.

functions like "map cal" see here:
http://joe-c.de/pages/posts/mapcal_198.php
are only usable if the camera dont change pixel values while shutter. The camera need fullfilled warmup and no more changes in case temperature.

maybe the simple "Imageprocessing->Tab:ImportRaw->Get Reference" while point to a wall has the best results so far.
best regards

Offline mike86

« Reply #368 on: December 25, 2022, 12:20:59 pm »
Will or does it support cameras like TOPDON TC001?

I am having a hard finding anything that would open images from that camera:(

If it won't support TOPDON, will the Seek Thermal Shot Pro images (or any other Seek Thermal for i.e. android/ios) open in this app?

• Frequent Contributor
    • Joe-c.de
« Reply #369 on: December 28, 2022, 07:53:16 pm »
Hello,
not yet.
If it won't support TOPDON, will the Seek Thermal Shot Pro images (or any other Seek Thermal for i.e. android/ios) open in this app?
Seek Shot stores thermal frames, this frames can be aquired. but the normal Seek plugins for Android/Ios, just store colors, not temperatures.

Offline Ozzi

« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2023, 04:53:04 pm »
Hi,

I recently ordered a infiray c200, do you have plans to add support for the datafiles (IRG) it generates?
Last couple of days I've been making some attempts to decode what is what in these files, I think I have a rough idea of what is what in the data.

Offline insinion

« Reply #371 on: April 18, 2023, 01:03:44 pm »
Hello. Sorry for not writing on topic. I'm new here and don't quite understand how to post my question on the forum. Please tell me if you can help me. I have Flir E86. When I turn it on, why do I have a logo on the screen, a loading animation on the black screen, and nothing else happens? It won't load further. The firmware has been updated, the memory card is working. Batteries are fully charged. Thanks in advance for your understanding and reply.

Offline JDW

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #372 on: May 03, 2023, 05:18:55 am »
I have a Debug version with UTi260B/UTi85A support:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yo1q3UuTPX505WDt2cs0cIBHJHIR87Dy/view?usp=sharing
Is the above-mentioned support for the UTi260B now implemented into version 1.11?

I am using v1.11 right now. When I set my 260B's USB mode to Camera (not Disk), and then connect it to my M1 Max MBP running Parallels 18 and Windows 11 on ARM, I am able to see the video output feed from the 260B when I go to the Devices section of the left sidebar, and turn on Webcam B, and then choose UVC Camera.  But the output within ThermoVision 1.11 is no different than what I see in the manufacturer's UTi-Live Screen v1.58 app.  Meaning, I have no means to get completely clean thermal video or stills, entirely devoid of thermal data markings.

I was able to get Santiago's Python script to work, which strips all the data markings off still BMP images, and you can see how I accomplished that with his kind help here...
https://github.com/Santi-hr/UNI-T-Thermal-Utilities/issues/5

His script is neat because you can not only remove the temperature markings, but you can also change the color scheme too. However, his script doesn't work with video from the 260B though.

So my question is, can ThermoVision be used to produce clean video and stills from a UTi260B?  If so, what is the step-by-step procedure to achieve that?

Thanks.

Offline Oreg

« Reply #373 on: June 07, 2023, 06:17:27 am »

I recently ordered a infiray c200, do you have plans to add support for the datafiles (IRG) it generates?

There is software from Infiray that can open the .irg files:
https://www.infiray.com/c200h-handheld-accurate-thermographic-camera/

Offline Wildseyed

« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2023, 06:37:32 pm »
Version 1.11 is being flagged by Google Drive as having a virus, and will not allow downloading. Is there a way around this?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf