Author Topic: Getting digital data out of my PM695  (Read 3026 times)

Offline vcdenis

• Contributor
Re: Getting digital data out of my PM695
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 09:51:20 am »
Hi,

After lots of work, I am back on my FLIR camera. Since this summer, I get my hands on a SC300 with a digital output and a PCMIA card. I had to find a old computer with a pcmia socket : tyred the thing and ... it doesn't work. After some reserchs, it seems that the FLIR drivers don't work on Windows 7. I get my hand on a old Win XP. The installation is launch.

In the meantime, I could connect to the serial port of the camera and activate the digital out : it works ! I have nice data on the scope. Same thing here, the frequency is to high for my digital scope. I will have to set up my good old Tekronix !

In the meantime, we were able to set a HTML control page form de PM5XX/6XX. It works but it's is not quite nice on the technical side.

I will tried again to use the SC300 using a Win XP OS + Researcher Pro 2.8 in order to define my needs and then start a clean project for a camera interface that could manage both my cameras - PM550 and PM695.

I will keep you inform.

Vince

The following users thanked this post: Fraser

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 12:23:25 pm »
I am pleased that you will be continuing your work on the PM series  :-+

Fraser
Cogito, ergo sum

Offline vcdenis

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2020, 09:36:24 am »
Hi,

I was finally able to make work the FLIR SC300 with PCMIA Grabber and Researcher 2.8 Pro.

First, few tips to make it work. The computer has to run on old OS : I install Windows XP SP3, then I install Researcher 2.8 Pro. After pluging the PCMIA grabber card to the laptop, I use the drivers folder on the Researcher 2.8 Pro to install it and "voilĂ !".

Able to get the digital data recording is a big step forward. I can record "video" at 2hz.

For the ones that are looking for to try it, their is a AGEMA PCMIA grabber available one Ebay.

I will think on the next step to improve the use of the PMxxx. I would like to work on the image enchanced now.

The following users thanked this post: Fraser

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf