Author Topic: FLIR in researchIR export stats of ROIs of multiple images at once  (Read 2436 times)

Offline marijkeTopic starter

Hi there!

I am currently working with thermal data for my internship, and I have a lot of photos to process. For each photo I need to manually select 1, 2 or 3 regions of interest (ROI) and use some of the stats of them (at least the max, maybe also min and mean). Does anyone know if there is a way to export the stats of the ROIs of multiple images at once? I haven't found a way, so far...

Hope someone here will be able to help me out!

Thanks in advance  :)

Kind regards,
Marijke

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
Re: FLIR in researchIR export stats of ROIs of multiple images at once
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 06:54:39 am »
Hi, I would have a look at ImageJ and plugins for it like this:

https://github.com/gtatters/ThermImageJ

I have not tried this specific pliugin myself, but have done some automated image processing via imageJ in the past, and it is very good software for this kind of task.

Good luck with your project, and don't forget to report the results back  ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 06:59:59 am by _Wim_ »

Offline jfseneca

Re: FLIR in researchIR export stats of ROIs of multiple images at once
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 06:04:04 pm »
EDIT: Found a way to make this easier. Go into researchIR > export. Select "export stats" then change the export type to movie. You have to check off the export stats box before you change the filetype, otherwise the box will grey out and you wont be able to select it. Export the movie. In the same folder will be a stats file per frame, reflecting your ROIs.

Hi,

Very old thread but checking in to see if there are any newly developed methods for this. The previous poster offered a good solution w/ the github repository, but I was hoping there'd be something a little easier and less cumbersome, especially for getting multiple users set up.

Essentially, to reiterate the problem, ResearchIR spits out a .seq file w/ thermal data in it. You can go back through this file (this file containing one frame of data or multiple frames of data). You can set an ROI in the image using the ResearchIR software which will give you a readout ("stats") of what the temperature is in that exact location. Buit if you want to export this text information, you have to acrub through the .seq file and manually export the "stats" per frame. So if you have 100 frames...

Is anyone aware of ways to loop through this? Will do some googling, see if I can find a way to script the software via python or something.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 06:28:25 pm by jfseneca »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf