Products > Thermal Imaging

Guide PC210 thermal camera - (anyone) <=(I am) familiar with this device?

<< < (4/5) > >>

ceut:
Hello,
It seems this topic is not super active  ???
I have used mine to fix a non-starting LG TV last week, here is a capture after repair (forgot to do one before  :-\ ) .

The shoot was taken directly from the GuideIR, without any lens.
I find it has done a good job 8)
I can see clearly all the hot resistor, mosfet etc...

For your outdoor use, imo it has not a very large view, but maybe this could be enhanced with Lens to make an eye-fish like view ?
I don't know if it is possible, it is just an idea  :-+

Edit: Added a photo of the board taken from my old but good smartphone  :D

candrian:
I finally bought this camera and it looks really great. It is perfect for short distances and It can also be used for outdoor spotting but you may miss some heat sources in long distances.

ceut:

--- Quote from: candrian on May 14, 2022, 10:48:09 pm ---I finally bought this camera and it looks really great. It is perfect for short distances and It can also be used for outdoor spotting but you may miss some heat sources in long distances.

--- End quote ---

Great to read that  :-+
So the field of view is enough for outdoor ? It is a good point; even if I think I will never use it that way  :D

candrian:
The field of view is enough. The zoom level is negative so you see the target more far than it really is and you loose details such as a human body in a big distance or a dog in a closer distance. But in general it's good. You can't have it all with one lens. Probably if you modify the lens you will get more from this camera depending on the lens characteristics. The sensor resolution is good. 

IAmBack:
New firmware for this camera is available on eleshop site.
Flashing procedure is described in file included to the download.
There's a problem with name of the file (one have to remove "(1)" from the filename), but otherwise update works ok - it takes less than 2 minutes. White light is on during whole update process (when name of the file is incorrect, the flash blinks for a second only.
It looks that manual range modes are working ok now.
Also rescale to 1200x1600 has been added.
Now only paralax removal is missing (vs UTi260b)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version