Author Topic: Guide PC210 thermal camera - (anyone) <=(I am) familiar with this device?  (Read 10831 times)

Offline IAmBackTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I've found this device as an alternative for UTi 260b, with similar price and specs. Anyone can say something it? Is it better than UTi?
Uni-t is hard to find at a moment, so I'm looking for alternative.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:19:51 pm by IAmBack »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Guide PC210 thermal camera - anyone familiar with this device?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 01:23:36 pm »
Sadly no one has tested that camera and reported its performance on this forum.

This question was asked by another forum member recently…. No response so he bought a UTi260B.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/guideir-pc210/

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

• Regular Contributor
Re: Guide PC210 thermal camera - anyone familiar with this device?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 01:36:13 pm »
Thank You.
Best.

• Regular Contributor
Because I could not wait (usual stroke of impatience) i have decided to purchase PC210 from Eleshop. Other reason was that quite reputable local supplier of industrial measuring equipment rebrands devices from this manufacturer.

First of all, it seems that there is no manual with tech specs of the camera - so what we know is it's resolution (256x192).
Camera works with 25 fps (or at last, with much better speed than 10fps).

Comparing to (what I know about ) UTi260b only drawback I've noticed is lack of multiple measuring points with user-defined location. Here we have only one central point.

But there's one thing that probably does not exist in UTi260b - mode, where user can fix temperature ranges (eg. 10..20 degrees), and the camera won't adjust range autoamatically - this should help in case of comparison of different objects.

Camera works through USB as webcam.

Hope it hepls.

Best.

The following users thanked this post: jan28, BmaxTom

Offline BmaxTom

• Contributor
I also bought the Guide PC210 from Eleshop and am very happy with the IR camera. It's really ready in 2-3 seconds after turning it on.

I noticed two things that aren't working properly.

1. In M mode, the scaling of the temperature scale on the right is wrong.
2. All the programs I tested, except PotPlayer, have the webcam image upside down and mirrored

For macro shots I constructed a lens holder for D20mm/FL50.8mm ZnSe focus lenses (similar to the holder from the Eleshop).

The following users thanked this post: ceut, Pnoxi, jan28, vever001

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
Thank you very much for your work and sharing it!  :-+

I have just ordered the PC210 from eleshop, and then I will buy the lens and ask a friend to print me the STL file  ^-^

A little question: you have made the model with which software ? Maybe I will buy a 3D printer and make some things with it  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 09:34:55 pm by ceut »

Offline BmaxTom

• Contributor
I'm currently designing and drawing with Fusion 360, but Autodesk is restricting the free version more and more. So I'm currently looking at Solid Edge 2022 from Simens, it's free for Makers (Community edition).

https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/solutions/users/hobbyists-and-makers/

The following users thanked this post: ceut

• Regular Contributor

1. In M mode, the scaling of the temperature scale on the right is wrong.
2. All the programs I tested, except PotPlayer, have the webcam image upside down and mirrored

I didn't noticed any problems with "m" mode, however it works in a strange manner.
In this mode user sets the range of the scale (eg. 10deg),and camera "fits" it to the image - setting the middle of the scale to the actual middle temp of the scene.
Example: with range set to 15 deg and scene with temps ranging from -5 to +25 deg, the medium of the scale will be set to +10deg, ranging from 2.5 to 17.5 deg.
Best.
Martin.

Offline BmaxTom

• Contributor
Here I took a picture in "M" mode (without macro lens) and the scaling and color of the right scale do not match the temperature and color at the measuring point (max).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 06:56:46 am by BmaxTom »

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
Here I took a picture in "M" mode (without macro lens) and the scaling and color of the right scale do not match the temperature and color at the measuring point (max).

As I ordered the PC210 yesterday evening, I don't have it right now.
But, I have started to read all the PDF I have found on the item link, and Eleshop has made a FAQ, here is the point 2:

"2.  Can I adjust the temperatures on the scale?
This is possible. Press and hold the OK button. You will now see a letter appear
in the top left of the screen.  There are 3 modes: A, M, S.
In A mode, the camera automatically selects the scale.
In M mode, you can change both the upper and lower scale temperature. If you
select the up arrow and press OK, the upper value is increased by 1 degree.
Selecting the down arrow and pressing OK decreases the upper value by 1
degree. The left and right arrows change the lower temperature value.
In the S mode, you can change the delta T (temperature difference) between
the upper and lower values.
You can switch between A, M and S mode by selecting this letter and pressing
OK."

I don't know exactly what they mean as I don't have the camera yet , but maybe you can check this  8)

Offline BmaxTom

• Contributor
In "A" mode the right scale is correct only in "M" mode, when I set the range as described, then the right temperature scale is not correct. You can see that clearly in the picture above.

• Regular Contributor
In "A" mode the right scale is correct only in "M" mode, when I set the range as described, then the right temperature scale is not correct. You can see that clearly in the picture above.
I confirm this issue.

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
I confirm this issue.

Hello,
I have just received my PC210, first impression I'm really impressive of the quality of this one  :-+

I have tried to test the T° scale manual mode.
And I have also this issue.

But => I think it seems to be in fact an "overload" when the scale is not reflecting the max real temp.
Here is a shot I have done with exaggerated manual scale, all is yellowish:
And it's a good test to check if there are some dead pixels  8)

Or maybe I don't understand what you are saying  :-[

Also, my camera has a certificate in 02/2022 in the box  :-+

Now I have to buy the lens and ask my friend to print the STL, thanks @BmaxTom :D
I will post the result  :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 03:35:37 pm by ceut »

Offline titiris

found this at https://carbonzorro.com/en/products/thermal-camera-guide-pc210-1198.html

Imaging and optics
Detector type   VOx
Infrared resolution   256*192
Wavelength range   7.5~14μm
Field angle                   56°*48°
Minimum object distance   0.3m
Netd   <45mK
Infrared frame rate   25Hz/9Hz
Focusing mode   Focus-free

Measurement and analysis
Measurement range   -20℃~150℃, 100-550℃ (automatic switching)
Measurement accuracy   ±2°C or ±2%, whichever is greater
Analyzed target   Center temperature measuring ON/OFF
Full-screen maximum/minimum temperature tracking/alarm   Full-screen high/low temperature alarm;Alarm mode: Visual and audio alarm
Temperature measuring parameter   Emissivity, reflected temperature, target distance

Image display
Display screen   2.4" LCD
Image mode   IR, VIS, MIF and PIP
Image adjustment   Automatic, semi-automatic, manual
Palette   6 pseudo colors such as White Hot, Iron Red, Arctic, Rainbow 2, Hot Iron, Rainbow 1

Storage and transmission
Storage medium   TF card (up to 32G)
Image storage format    JPG with temp info
External interface   TYPE-C, TF card slot, tripod interface
Laser   Class 2 laser, only indicating the measured target
Wifi   Yes, it can be connected to the mobile terminal for data transmission

Power system
Battery type   Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, non-removable
Battery working time   > 16 H
Power management   Automatic shutdown, and adjustable shutdown time from 5 min, 10 min to 20 min
Charging mode   TYPE-C charging;PC/portable charger;Capable of charging while using
Charging time   90% of full charge in 2.5 hours

Environmental paraments
Working temperature   -10℃~50℃
Storage temperature   -40℃~70℃
Ip rating   IP54
Drop   2m drop test
Certification   CE, FCC, ROHS, UN38.3+ air/sea freight, IP54, 2m, damp heat test, shock vibration test, impact test

Physical parameters
Weight   about 375g
Size   194mm*61.5mm*76mm
Software kit   ThermoTools
Standard   A device, a 16G TF card, a Quick Product Manual, a USB-TYPEC cable, a wrist strap, an adapter
Optional   Tripod
save the planet: buy used and refurbish!

Offline candrian

• Contributor
I'm also interested in buying the PC210, mainly for PCB debugging but in my mind comes a lot of use cases that i'll be able to use it for including engine component failures, home thermal insulation etc.

What i would also love to use it for but i'm not sure how well it is going to behave is on outdoor activities such as camping or boating. Has anyone of you, the owners, tested this camera outdoors? Do you have any samples captures? I would appreciate it.

I know it's not the best option, as the magnification and the optics in comparison to the screen resolution are the key players for each application it's designed for but i'm looking for an "all around" solution with main use on PCB debugging.

Thanks again.

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
Hello,
It seems this topic is not super active  ???
I have used mine to fix a non-starting LG TV last week, here is a capture after repair (forgot to do one before  :-\ ) .

The shoot was taken directly from the GuideIR, without any lens.
I find it has done a good job 8)
I can see clearly all the hot resistor, mosfet etc...

For your outdoor use, imo it has not a very large view, but maybe this could be enhanced with Lens to make an eye-fish like view ?
I don't know if it is possible, it is just an idea  :-+

Edit: Added a photo of the board taken from my old but good smartphone  :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 06:13:41 pm by ceut »

Offline candrian

• Contributor
I finally bought this camera and it looks really great. It is perfect for short distances and It can also be used for outdoor spotting but you may miss some heat sources in long distances.

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
I finally bought this camera and it looks really great. It is perfect for short distances and It can also be used for outdoor spotting but you may miss some heat sources in long distances.

Great to read that  :-+
So the field of view is enough for outdoor ? It is a good point; even if I think I will never use it that way  :D

Offline candrian

• Contributor
The field of view is enough. The zoom level is negative so you see the target more far than it really is and you loose details such as a human body in a big distance or a dog in a closer distance. But in general it's good. You can't have it all with one lens. Probably if you modify the lens you will get more from this camera depending on the lens characteristics. The sensor resolution is good. 

• Regular Contributor
New firmware for this camera is available on eleshop site.
Flashing procedure is described in file included to the download.
There's a problem with name of the file (one have to remove "(1)" from the filename), but otherwise update works ok - it takes less than 2 minutes. White light is on during whole update process (when name of the file is incorrect, the flash blinks for a second only.
It looks that manual range modes are working ok now.
Also rescale to 1200x1600 has been added.
Now only paralax removal is missing (vs UTi260b)...

The following users thanked this post: ceut, BmaxTom

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
New firmware for this camera is available on eleshop site.
Flashing procedure is described in file included to the download.
There's a problem with name of the file (one have to remove "(1)" from the filename), but otherwise update works ok - it takes less than 2 minutes. White light is on during whole update process (when name of the file is incorrect, the flash blinks for a second only.
It looks that manual range modes are working ok now.
Also rescale to 1200x1600 has been added.
Now only paralax removal is missing (vs UTi260b)...

Thank you for sharing this !  :-+
No problem to follow the info in the .txt file, my PC210 has been updated fine  8) -- about after 30s for me.

But, I wasn't expecting to see the firmware update on Eleshop  ??? (I have bought mine here too)

Offline Penguin36

• Contributor
I bought the PC210 at Eleshop some days ago and updated the FW without problems.
Beside the paralax offset and the ‚strange‘ M-Mode all is good after short testing.

I also 3D printed the macro lens adapter and bought a lens at amazon.

See the attached macro images of some RPi 3 areas.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 08:19:36 am by Penguin36 »

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
I have bought this bag:
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005002758964415.html

As the 260b is bigger than the PC210, I think it will be good for it  :-+

Offline markb1980

• Regular Contributor
I'm currently designing and drawing with Fusion 360, but Autodesk is restricting the free version more and more. So I'm currently looking at Solid Edge 2022 from Simens, it's free for Makers (Community edition).

Yes that sucks! I have used OpenSCAD for many of my projects. It's more programming of a model then designing but that has also a few advanteages... Give it a try: https://openscad.org/index.html
Pentester, Digital forensics examiner, Data recovery technitian, Author for various books
Learn thermal imaging: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5KXF41Q/ | https://www.facebook.com/groups/1816479168568552 | https://thermal-image-samples.com/thermal-pixel-peeping/

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
Re: Guide PC210 thermal camera - (anyone) <=(I am) familiar with this device?
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2022, 06:51:06 pm »
Hello,
It seems that Eleshop doesn't share anymore the firmware, so I post it here the 1.36 version from 05/2022.

If there is somewhat illegal, don't hesitate to tell me, I will remove it  :-+

Edit: I have received a message from @zhe song (GUIDEPC support), and I have removed the FW because now it is an old one, the new one is 1.4.3 .

Edit 2[/u]: After having asking him where we can download the new one, he told me that they don't give the firmware anymore, "because updating the firmware is risky, may cause parameter loss." 
Really disappointed   :-[

So, our Guide PC210 are stuck on the previous version  :(

Edit 3 : Explanation: It seems that the FWupgrade can delete the Temperature curve, that's why they remove the upgrade possibility. And actually the units that have this problem after upgrading need to be send to China for fixing that.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 09:44:38 am by ceut »

The following users thanked this post: Fraser

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf