Author Topic: Help with a Flir SC660  (Read 1071 times)

Offline IsmsanmarTopic starter

• Contributor
Help with a Flir SC660
« on: June 05, 2021, 10:47:21 am »
Hi, I just bought a Flir SC660. It is complete, except for the two CDs with the QuickReport software and the one that includes the user documentation, in addition to the bluetooth headset (the bluetooth USB dongle remained installed). On the other hand, it does include a HASP pendrive that I assume is used to activate the ResearchIR 3.X suite with which this camera was purchased in 2012 according to the order form that I found inside the hard transport case. The problem is that I cannot use it, since neither the software is included on CD, nor is it available for download on the entire internet. It also doesn't work with the current version 4.4, since apparently only written keys can be updated, not those that are included in a dongle.
https://flir.custhelp.com/app/account/fl_swreplacement/

Can anyone help me find where to download at least the CD that includes the user documentation, and the ResearchIR 3.X suite to be able to test the dongle? As for the QuickReport software I wouldn't need it, as it was superseded by the Flir Tools suite.

I've paid for the camera 1024€ including shipping costs, but I cannot find its initial sale price on the internet or its last sale price when it was discontinued, so I cannot judge whether it's a good purchase or not.

I'm also looking for the close-up 0.5x lens with part number 1196683. The rest of the optional lenses for this camera are apparently still available in different online stores, except this one, which is the one that interests me.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Help with a Flir SC660
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 01:50:41 pm »
FLIR Customer Services can provide all that you have asked for and free of charge.

You got a bargain, provided it is not stolen  :)

Used units have previously sold for around $6K
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 01:54:54 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Ultrapurple

• Super Contributor
  • Just zis guy, you know?
    • Therm-App Users on Flickr
Re: Help with a Flir SC660
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 11:47:24 am »
Is it the same as mine, written up here?

If so, you have a bargain - I paid several times the amount you mention, and thought I'd done well. I believe the original price was somewhere in the region of €30,000 to €40,000. Lenses were also expensive and seem extremely rare on the secondhand market. I bought separately the 12° lens (which is fabulous) and paid more for that than you spent on the camera - and only found it after a coupe of years of looking. The original list price of the lens was about €10,000 I think.

I am still looking for a 7° lens (see attached).

If you ever think about selling the camera, please contact me!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 11:56:01 am by Ultrapurple »
Rubber bands bridge the gap between WD40 and duct tape.

Offline Ultrapurple

• Super Contributor
  • Just zis guy, you know?
    • Therm-App Users on Flickr
Rubber bands bridge the gap between WD40 and duct tape.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf