Author Topic: Hti HT-301 384 x 288  (Read 63963 times)

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hti HT-301 384 x 288
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2019, 03:41:11 pm »
893226-0

Offline xslop

« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2019, 12:50:25 am »
Anyone have these USB C connector dimensions to share? I need to see if cases like otterbox or spigen can fit the usb C connectors on the HT 301 without removing the case.

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2019, 06:53:50 pm »
Anyone have these USB C connector dimensions to share? I need to see if cases like otterbox or spigen can fit the usb C connectors on the HT 301 without removing the case.

896962-0

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2019, 09:08:41 am »
HTI? I have the HT-A1 and the first thing I want to know before buying anything else from them is: can the firmware be updated? Second: will there be updates?

Offline xslop

« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2019, 04:46:33 am »
Thanks!!! :-+

(Attachment Link)

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2019, 12:59:19 pm »
HTI? I have the HT-A1 and the first thing I want to know before buying anything else from them is: can the firmware be updated? Second: will there be updates?
I don't know about firmware, but software was already updated.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 01:05:44 pm by RBsonic »

Offline BH3XON

• Contributor
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2019, 03:57:44 pm »
Someone mentioned T3S. It is very similar with Hti. What is the relation between the two brand? ???

I have T3PRO, HT301 case, app, and packaging are all very similar to T3PRO. I believe they are from the same source and have different logos printed on them.

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2019, 06:39:50 am »
For people interested in removing the HTI or Xtherm logo and do custom image processing (NUC,denoising...) . I know it's possible to directly acquire frames of raw data from Xtherm T3s through the UVC protocol. This may also work for HTI dongles.
T3s identify themselves as UVC cameras when connected to phones and desktop computers, the frames grabed from them are 292*384*2 bytes (288*384*16bits+some auxiliary data).  Some magic commands may needs to be sent to them to do initialization and shutter calibration.
This is how I get it to work with OpenCV
Code: [Select]
        self.camera.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_CONVERT_RGB, 0)  # CV_CAP_PROP_CONVERT_RGB
        # CV_CAP_PROP_ZOOM use raw mode
        self.camera.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_ZOOM, 0x8004)
        # CV_CAP_PROP_ZOOM calibrate
        self.camera.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_ZOOM, 0x8000)
There is a SDK (with poor documentation) for T3s with .dll and .so to translate the grabbed frame to temperature data, you may try to get them from the vendor. If you can't, I may help you when I have the time.

Besides, after around 4 months from purchase, 2 dead pixels appeared in the frames grabbed by my Xtherm T3s. As there is no public solution to cancel them in firmware, I have to return it for service. It's easy as I lived in the same city of the manufactuer, but it may be potentially troublesome for customers not in China. Please be aware before buying them.

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, kakci, RBsonic, Zhao

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2019, 12:27:36 pm »
Can you change "Hti Image" android App to remove "Hti Xintai" logo?

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2020, 01:56:53 am »
Fireworks Mix.  Happy new year 2020!

https://youtu.be/-m7RYPIIRXc

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw

Offline alex871

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2020, 08:36:56 pm »

Besides, after around 4 months from purchase, 2 dead pixels appeared in the frames grabbed by my Xtherm T3s. As there is no public solution to cancel them in firmware, I have to return it for service. It's easy as I lived in the same city of the manufactuer, but it may be potentially troublesome for customers not in China. Please be aware before buying them.

Hello,
can you tell me if this defect is widespread among the users of this camera?
Eventually only two pixels burned seriously compromise the image? Is there a risk that others will burn?

Or are these drawbacks in isolated cases?

Regards
Alessio

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2020, 11:39:51 pm »
May be, it is not dead pixels. It can be dust on sensor.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 12:14:54 pm by RBsonic »

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2020, 04:01:37 am »
Sorry but I didn't do a survey, the only sample is the one in my hand. :-// The deadpixels are annoying with the official app, but it looks like Thermviewer has the ability to mask them and, of course, you can write your code.
I'm pretty sure they are dead pixels since the temperature readout of the two points is precisely 20 degC.

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2020, 04:15:27 am »
Can you change "Hti Image" android App to remove "Hti Xintai" logo?
Yes, but this requires some reverse engineering. I wouldn't like to spend my time on it without any financial incentive. However, I guess the simplest solution you can try is to replace
HT-301_安装前请先卸载旧版本软件.apk\res\mipmap-hdpi-v4\hti_logo.png with a transparent png (with the same size?) and resign the app.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:22:27 am by zrq »

The following users thanked this post: RBsonic

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2020, 12:20:43 pm »
May be you need to find calibration data and add dead pixels in calibration file.

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2020, 07:12:04 pm »
HT-301_安装前请先卸载旧版本软件.apk\res\mipmap-hdpi-v4\hti_logo.png with a transparent png (with the same size?) and resign the app.
Where I find this part of code?

Offline bitcore

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2020, 03:59:18 am »
New user. Hi everyone. Lurker, for a while, Patreon supporter.

Now this is a cool little camera. Can confirm, ThermViewer does work with this device. I am using a OnePlus6 on android 8.1.0 (I know that's a bit old for this device, but I can also confirm it works with xprivacy LUA + xposed + root). Annoyingly, I must turn on OTG storage in advanced android settings first, then the camera works. Therm viewer seems to get the temperatures WAY wrong compared to stock XTI app - it sees my plasma screen as 400F+ but it's really 120f. First time with the app today, and hopefully I'm just missing something (It also does not to auto-cal regularly, compared to stock app, but the calibrate button does appear to work.)

First impressions: I am surprised at how narrow the FOV is - you really need to be "abnormally far" from your subject. I'd love to find a "drop-in" wide angle germanium lens that I can mount, replacing the stock one for casual use.

To counter NinetySix's comment about the loose threads -mine are nice and tight when focus is set for far/infinity. It feels like they placed a nitrile or viton o-ring on it, nice and viscous - but now it's just a bit TOO tight unless you have a phone case also gripping the USB connection to stiffen everything up. I would prefer for the machining to be more precise instead of an o-ring as a cheap fix. Sounds like a couple grains of sand are in the threads. Change your tooling inserts more frequently, they are cheap! Spend just a little bit extra time CLEANING up the threads and you don't need a o-ring. I wonder if the grit in the threads is what possibly caused dead pixels from another user in the thread. Apologies, that's for a Xtherm T3s

RBSonic's photos and videos really show off the best bits of this device. I'm still learning it. You need to get the focus correct - you forget how nice autofocus is. That being said - the lens on this is awesome. I'll borrow a quote from motor sport: "There's no replacement for displacement", and the lens diameter for this device has got to be at least twice the diameter of a comparable Flir or Seek.

The best aspect of this device, for me, is the frame rate:

Throw your FLIR and Seek in the garbage.

(ok, don't actually do that, donate it, but I'm rather amazed by this device and it was amusing to make that statement)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:19:58 am by bitcore »

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw, zrq, RBsonic

Offline bitcore

« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2020, 12:58:04 pm »
Who likes servers and High Performance Computing Clusters?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2020, 01:17:19 pm »
Pretty, but without knowing even relative temperatures it's fairly meaningless. For all we know those servers could be running at below freezing. Or about to melt.

Edit: On reflection, it's possible that this post might look like an attack of sour grapes or something, but I assure you it wasn't meant to be. The video shows the excellent frame rate but also the main issues with this camera (not being able to fix the range, etc).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 05:25:16 pm by dunkemhigh »

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2020, 05:01:12 pm »
Where I find this part of code?
After unpacking the apk with apktool or any zip utility (like 7zip).
To repack and resign the apk, you will need JDK and see https://gressie.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/how-to-properly-re-assign-a-signature-to-an-android-apk-file/ . (generate key using keytool first, like
keytool -genkey -alias nt.android -keyalg RSA -validity 20000 -keystorent.keystore)

The following users thanked this post: RBsonic

Offline bitcore

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2020, 05:57:37 pm »
Pretty, but without knowing even relative temperatures it's fairly meaningless. For all we know those servers could be running at below freezing. Or about to melt.

Edit: On reflection, it's possible that this post might look like an attack of sour grapes or something, but I assure you it wasn't meant to be. The video shows the excellent frame rate but also the main issues with this camera (not being able to fix the range, etc).

Hi Dunkemhigh,
I recorded this with a trial version of ThermViewer. I wasn't meaning to show off temperatures with this video - I was just tooling around looking at some interesting items. But yes, I do totally agree with you, not fixing the range is annoying - using thermviewer, it often gets the temperature reading VERY wrong, but in a couple of the 40 second segments I did get it to work and it is reporting a temperature that is within 10 deg of the thermal sensors I have in the hot isle, so I included it for them. I have found that if I mount the camera, turn on OTG, then open the HTI image app, close the HTI image app, THEN open ThermViewer - the temperature ratings in therm viewer then start to work and not report hundreds of degrees incorrectly.

ThermViewer on my phone is very buggy, locking the temperature scales does not appear to work. Half of the time it opens sideways, and the trial button is off the screen - need to force quit and re-open. Again, I've not found/read a manual for the app. I have a Oneplus6. Image quality is best with ThermViewer, though options to control gradient scaling and etc are either broken or not useful enough.

So, there's a known issue with the HTI-301 where it's not possible to configure it to only measure within a set range of temperatures? This isn't a camera-app specific feature? If so, perhaps it can still be "faked" as a post-process by the app by taking the reported min-max and applying a scaling gradient? (In much the same way you can apply brightness/contrast offsets, or adjust the gamma curve)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 06:00:10 pm by bitcore »

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2020, 06:17:24 pm »
This isn't a camera-app specific feature?

Not having one, I can't say for sure (happy to be given one to try!), but the A1 has that 'feature' and it doesn't use a phone app. Don't know why - surely can't be hard to implement. Other makes of camera allow setting a fixed range, both those using a phone app and standalone devices.

The following users thanked this post: Tavana

Offline alex871

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2020, 06:50:28 pm »

The following users thanked this post: bitcore

Offline bitcore

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2020, 07:19:07 pm »
This app, go better ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thermappplus&hl=it

Ciao alex871, I'll have to give that app a try when I have time to play with it. Google play allows a 2 hour refund after purchase. Grazie.

I found the instructions for the ThermViewer app - apparently long-pressing on the record button enables >40 second videos. Instruction graphic attached here. Their website is nearly empty, however: https://thermviewer.com/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:20:38 pm by bitcore »

The following users thanked this post: Tavana

Offline alex871

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2020, 10:37:54 pm »
let me know how it goes  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf