Author Topic: Hti HT-301 384 x 288  (Read 64525 times)

Offline alex871

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hti HT-301 384 x 288
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2020, 01:57:54 am »
Be very careful with the fpc ribbon cable for the USB plug, especially where it is folded 180 degrees then stuffed into a very tight gap between the USB plug PCB and the main board & shutter...

I can only imagine that a hard 180 degrees crease of an fpc ribbon is generally considered poor practise. The copper had snapped at the bend, only the polyimide was holding it together.

After only the 2nd disassembly... The first was due to water ingress (they could have made this camera ip67 with very little effort or added cost!) which had me worried... The camera just wasn't working at all, no click from the shutter no detection of anything by the phone, open it up and rinse it out with IPA, let it dry, reassemble and it works perfectly again... Then the USB plug seemed to be the issue, like constantly disconnecting unless you held the camera firmly against the phone, and eventually not working at all any more.

I've emailed HTI but I guess they are having a week off for lunar new year

How come you had this problem? Is it an isolated case or is it a frequent problem?

Offline NinetySix

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2020, 03:50:24 am »
I may have just been unlucky, but I think it's safe to say that the fpc ribbon really wasn't designed with being able to access the internals in mind.

A brief Google search found the below on another forum, from a design guide for LCD displays:

Typical FPC are rated 0.3 mm thick at the contact point stiffener. This is not the bending point.
Most FPC are thinner away from that point. For an FPC that is 0.120 mm thick in the bend area, the minimum bend radius is 1.2 mm for a 90 degree bend. A 180° bend requires a larger radius to prevent creasing. Small radius bends greater than 90° should be formed ONCE and not unbent.

There is probably less than 1mm of room for the 180 degree bend in the fpc on the 301, so if the last sentence above is anything to go by, you're gonna need to replace the ribbon should you ever need to take the USB plug out of the camera...

If you get it wet, just take the back cover off and rinse with isopropyl alcohol, save yourself some grief by not moving the fpc for the usb-c

Offline NorVik

« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2020, 11:15:29 pm »
Im ordering the ht-301, seems pretty awesome!

Now here is the big question...... Would it somehow be possible to use this somehow connected/strapped to a DJI Mavic Mini (249g)?
The small size of this is good for regulations, so if its possible somehow to use this for this kind of application, that would be awesome!

Any ideas?

The following users thanked this post: Tavana

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2020, 05:28:25 pm »
Ice water.  All palletes

https://youtu.be/SFOn1joRf90

Offline alex871

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2020, 09:27:58 pm »

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2020, 09:51:57 pm »
Those videos are very impressive, but unless the temperature range can be locked they're much less useful than first appears. For instance, suppose you had a second pan of whatever it is and you want to just check if this one is close to the same temperature. You pan to the other, ah, pan and see that the colour is a good match. Simples. except if you can't lock the palette range then the colour is pretty meaningless as soon as you change the average temperature in the view.

The following users thanked this post: rpg22

Offline alex871

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2020, 10:37:20 pm »
Those videos are very impressive, but unless the temperature range can be locked they're much less useful than first appears. For instance, suppose you had a second pan of whatever it is and you want to just check if this one is close to the same temperature. You pan to the other, ah, pan and see that the colour is a good match. Simples. except if you can't lock the palette range then the colour is pretty meaningless as soon as you change the average temperature in the view.

It is possible to block but in the video I did not

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2020, 07:49:36 am »
OK, thanks :)

Offline alex871

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2020, 11:57:08 am »
Photo from Rome

Offline therwp

• Contributor
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2020, 09:18:37 pm »
This calls for a side by side shootout  8) once I fix the wonky usb-c plug on my 301 that is..... Anybody else having trouble with it falling out of their phone, or the connection dropping out? My charge port is brand new, and it's definitely not dirt causing it.

Yup. And I posted a solution that works for my device today. Copying from that thread:

"The HT-301 is a great thermal imaging camera, but mine is less-than-great at reliably connecting to my Samsung Galaxy S9+ over USB-C. The app will often close because of a lost connection, and I have had to use a rubber band around the camera and phone just to hold it in the right spot (once I find it) so as to avoid losing the connection. That solution kind of works most of the time.

But I found a solution that does work. All of the time.

I have a few USB-C in-line power meters that pass data through. For reasons unknown to me, the HT-301 works perfectly when connected to the phone through a power meter. Directly? It almost never works the first couple of tries and is shaky thereafter. I don't understand why this would work, but it absolutely does. If anyone out there is having the same issue, try this. You'll once again be thrilled with your purchase. And if anyone out there understands what's going on here, I'm certainly curious.

Very interested in hearing whether it works for yours as well.

(Photos in the other thread. For some reason I can't convince them to embed here.)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/a-sort-of-solution-to-ht-301-intermittent-usb-c-connectivity/

Offline matohak

• Contributor
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2020, 07:36:30 pm »
Does it come with a protective carrier case and what does it look like?

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2020, 07:08:50 am »

The following users thanked this post: matohak

Offline NinetySix

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2020, 08:00:00 am »
I posted in that thread... But what I'll say is, I've often gotten a far better connection using a short 90 degree USB-c extension lead, better at both ends. I think overall it's a fairly low quality plug that it comes with, and compared to better plugs - such as the kind that usually come with a phone, the charger lead on my last few Nexus/pixel devices has been top notch and all held up well for years... Perhaps it's just a bit more fussy about whom it mates with.

Offline matohak

• Contributor
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2020, 05:51:06 pm »
Also, does anyone know if we can buy alternative lenses for the HT 301? Are there any standards for the screw size / sensor sizes for this type of camera?

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2020, 02:34:31 pm »
Also, does anyone know if we can buy alternative lenses for the HT 301? Are there any standards for the screw size / sensor sizes for this type of camera?
There is some information about screw size:
https://yadi.sk/d/cKbfsocK7y2jZg

The following users thanked this post: Fraser

Offline Ambassador

« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2020, 04:37:34 pm »
I'm tired of looking for information. Is it possible to block the color palette in the native HT 301 app?
If there is, how do I do it?
 :scared:

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2020, 05:01:52 pm »
I'm tired of looking for information. Is it possible to block the color palette in the native HT 301 app?
If there is, how do I do it?
 :scared:

You need to ask people who can decompile and work with HTI Image.apk file

The following users thanked this post: Nicky

Offline Ambassador

« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2020, 05:32:58 pm »
OnePlus 7Pro + HT-301
Temperature meter, liar.
I tried all the settings... In the photo, the best result!
The result with the settings is like in the picture.
All other devices are calibrated, their errors are known to the owner.
Make your (or repeat my) experiment and see the measurements.
When I set all the settings as in the tutorials, the results were very bad (incorrect).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:08:31 pm by Ambassador »

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2020, 07:36:50 pm »
OnePlus 7Pro + HT-301
Temperature meter, liar.
I tried all the settings... In the photo, the best result!
The result with the settings is like in the picture.
All other devices are calibrated, their errors are known to the owner.
Make your (or repeat my) experiment and see the measurements.
When I set all the settings as in the tutorials, the results were very bad (incorrect).
Of cause you have incorrect measements. You forgot that thermal conductivity of glass is not 100%. So, temperature of glass is not equal temperature of water inside.
Just find dark color aluminium cup (coca-cola or pepsi can) and try again. And don't forget to set new setting (espesially emissivity)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:43:53 pm by RBsonic »

Offline Ambassador

« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2020, 08:36:12 pm »
I will do as you advise. But the truthful result is doubtful.
The error of the glass radiation can not be so great.

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2020, 08:43:52 pm »
I will do as you advise. But the truthful result is doubtful.
The error of the glass radiation can not be so great.
I measured boiled water and ice water. And result was O.K. 

Offline Ridma

« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2020, 04:48:33 am »
Hi Guys,

First time seeing HTI capabilities but it surely look amazing! However, I understand that the post processing is not enabled with non-radiometric images.
Plus they dont have a software dedicated for the same. Please confirm this. Thank you in advance.

Offline RBsonic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2020, 05:10:18 pm »
Hi Guys,

First time seeing HTI capabilities but it surely look amazing! However, I understand that the post processing is not enabled with non-radiometric images.
Plus they dont have a software dedicated for the same. Please confirm this. Thank you in advance.

You can get raw data file with thermviewer app, but only in .txt format. If someone will write converter  to convert .txt raw file to other thermal image format, we can use the post processing of other company like flir. But now we have not this converter and the post processing is not available.

Offline struggles

« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2020, 05:15:02 pm »
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to get the HT-301 to work on PC?

Thank you

The following users thanked this post: Nicky, Tavana

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf