Author Topic: HTI-Instrument HT-19 (320 × 240)  (Read 8173 times)

Offline Lord of nothingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
HTI-Instrument HT-19 (320 × 240)
« on: August 31, 2020, 10:42:21 pm »
https://hti-instrument.com/products/ht-19-thermal-imager

I received it some days ago. I payed US $472 who was around 224€ when I remember right.
And additional 111.06€ for Tax, Import Fee, DHL Import,...  :-- Sometime I win sometime the Gov...

Here some Images: (Please know I adjust the size by 2x.)

Guessed what Brand that is.  :-DD

Just my Accesspoint...

My Tritium Light dont produce any heat.

The lights on the Ceiling.
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

The following users thanked this post: Markus2801A

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: HTI-Instrument HT-19 (320 × 240)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 11:04:14 pm »
Looks to be working OK. That appears to be the imagery of the standard Seek Pro J3-603-320 OEM core.

Check the temperature measurement accuracy...... it is an area that can be an issue with the J3-603 core.

Fraser
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 11:08:50 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 11:12:35 pm »
Hi
I forgotten to mention that the Cam have an replaceable Accu to. The is in the Handle. The "only" Downside is the use some special Connector and maybe is not that easy to get.
I just use them as expensive Toy. How should I measure it?

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 11:27:58 am »
Basic thermal camera measurement accuracy tests.....

Set the Emissivity to 0.96 for Ice water and Ambient water

Measure water with lots of melting ice in it. Result should be close to 0C
Measure boiling water in a pan or kettle. Result should be close to 100C
Measure a non reflective surface with a thermometer and then measure it with the camera. Compare results. Emissivity does need to be considered for the imaged surface.

Fraser
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:41:06 am by Fraser »

The following users thanked this post: Lord of nothing, Stephmw

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 11:49:34 pm »
I'm curious from where  do you know that Emissivity of watter is  0.96

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 08:46:45 am »
Emissivity tables

Offline sir

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 04:06:33 pm »

Hello. Excuse my bad english.
in my country I cannot find the answer to my question. I have an Hti-HT19 and Hti HT-A2 thermal imager.
Very good appliances. But I miss setting the temperature range. For example, from + 5 to + 15C.
Is there a possibility of a new firmware of the device?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 04:13:32 pm »
 :-+ I dont see any Updates. I dont know if its possible for us "end user" to do so.
Maybe there are some hidden Pins unprotected against a Hack.

Offline hulk69

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 06:37:42 am »
I got the Hti HT-A2 and I recommend it to anyone who can afford it!

I managed to ask the seller on aliexpress to do a 50$ invoice => No import fees  :)

My version of firmware is 2.1.8
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 06:41:51 am by hulk69 »

Offline radioorizont

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 02:22:03 pm »
I don't recommend the HTI-A2
I have an HTI-A2 and also own a few FLIR and Hikkvision thermal cameras.
The Hikvision DS-2TD2136 is a cctv module which i used with the built in adjustable focus lens (if you open it up) as an electronics camera, an absolute beast at 50Hz refresh rate 384*288 resolution and very good sensitivity, never seen anything like that, but anyways...
The HTI-A2 is basically a Seek Pro core, so pretty noisy and thermal sensitivity isn't great
Also it only saves JPEG , not radiometric JPEG, just standard jpeg as a full screenshot where you also see the battery level, emisivity, everything that was on screen when the image was taken.
Now for the painful part: HTI don't EVER reply to your emails after you bought the product, EVER.
I left a 1 star review for their product/service and that was never added to their official reviews page on their site, pretty crooked if you ask me, i did that twice, "thanks for your review" message, days and weeks later no review was published.
Don't ever think about customer support or firmware upgrades for their products.
You buy cheap because it is cheap as an overall experience ! (compared with other cameras of same resolution offcourse, not that it's cheap by any means)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 03:20:21 pm »
Servus
I like mine its good (enough) for Home and "light" Office use. I can see where some Chips,... are faulty. In comparission with other Brands I can order truth my IT Distributor mine was WAY cheaper from Ali Express.

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2021, 08:28:21 pm »
I don't recommend the HTI-A2
I have an HTI-A2 and also own a few FLIR and Hikkvision thermal cameras.
The Hikvision DS-2TD2136 is a cctv module which i used with the built in adjustable focus lens (if you open it up) as an electronics camera, an absolute beast at 50Hz refresh rate 384*288 resolution and very good sensitivity, never seen anything like that, but anyways...
The HTI-A2 is basically a Seek Pro core, so pretty noisy and thermal sensitivity isn't great
Also it only saves JPEG , not radiometric JPEG, just standard jpeg as a full screenshot where you also see the battery level, emisivity, everything that was on screen when the image was taken.
Now for the painful part: HTI don't EVER reply to your emails after you bought the product, EVER.
I left a 1 star review for their product/service and that was never added to their official reviews page on their site, pretty crooked if you ask me, i did that twice, "thanks for your review" message, days and weeks later no review was published.
Don't ever think about customer support or firmware upgrades for their products.
You buy cheap because it is cheap as an overall experience ! (compared with other cameras of same resolution offcourse, not that it's cheap by any means)

I might be able to get a Hikvision DS-2TD2136-15 for a good price. Are they easy to setup as a PCB inspection camera? Or is there a lot of DIY stuff to do first? If you could share some details about your setup I would really appreciate it.

I am OK with opening it and adjusting the lens, but I don't really know much about programming, if that is needed. sorry if it's somewhat off-topic, but I haven't been able to find a post with that kind of use for such camera.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:07:03 am by Antonio90 »

Offline radioorizont

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 06:25:00 pm »
The Hikvision only needs 12V and an ethernet connection to your router or laptop
You connect to the default IP then do all the configuration from the browser window, just like any other NVR CCTV system
You can also use a POE ethernet source which will also provide the power, harder to get those , and more expensive.
My setup is a pair of TP-LINK powerlines which allow me to install the setup anywhere in the house
I either connect with ethernet directly to the laptop or if i have the powerline i just use the Android app, i have the camera set to a fixed IP and it's relatively easy to use Hikvision's app and web interface.
I use mine handheld but sometimes would just have it on an adapted tripoid facing down to the work surface (PCB, ETC)
They are very expensive new, over $3k , if you can get one cheap it's worth purchasing it.
All the best

Offline downtodo

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2021, 09:36:07 am »
DS-2TD2136   2016
https://www.hikvision.com/my/products/Thermal-Products/Security-thermal-cameras/Bullet-series/DS-2TD2136-15-V1/

Temperature Accuracy
± 8 °C (±14.4 °F)

Not a good choice

The correct model should be DS-2TD2136T      2018
https://www.hikvision.com/europe/products/Thermal-Products/Thermography-thermal-cameras/Bullet-series/DS-2TD2136T-15/

Temperature Accuracy
Max (± 2 °C, ± 2%)

Not a new product, this model has been discontinued
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:33:11 pm by downtodo »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 06:17:48 pm »
I still think about a Cam from the Company to detect if something with a Heat Signature move in our Garden. Sadly with all the other Sensors on the Market the can be triggert by some movement from a Tree, Busch, Public Bus...  :palm:

Offline radioorizont

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 06:00:25 pm »
If you care about temperature accuracy and you are actually looking to measure reliably the temperature on a cctv camera you can get the +/-2% 2018 version
I care about value for money ( i think they are about $2.5K new, got mine cheaper) and netd both models 40mk so sensitivity wise and image quality they both display the same thermal image.

Offline Sanochi

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2022, 09:00:46 pm »
Hi, I am a bit late to this post but I'm looking for the software of this thermal camera. I can't find a download link anywhere.

The software I'm talking about is this:

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2022, 05:24:34 pm »
So I was battling insomnia as I recover from vaccinations and it appears that I bought the HT-19 at 3am last night. It was overpriced too. I do not know what happened because I was sure I was going to buy the UNI-T UTI260B.

How bad have I messed up?

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2022, 07:05:30 pm »
Look at the bright side, you are getting 1.5 times more pixels and a more sensitive FPA.

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2022, 11:53:38 pm »
That is comforting. Thank you. However, I am compelled to know my shortcomings. I am quite open to hear it.  :)

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2022, 07:54:51 pm »
Look at the bright side, you are getting 1.5 times more pixels and a more sensitive FPA.

What is more sensitive? The Uni-T sensitivity is less 60mK and HTI is 0.07C. Uni-T also has much wider temp range.

HT-19 arrived and so far I have a few points:

It clicks every few to dozen or so seconds. I think it is related to ranging the color temp. Sounds like a sensitive mechanical device prone to spontaneous dislocation of some moving part. It's annoying because every time I hear it I think that is one click cycle off the device's limited cycle life.

There is no color temp range setting and it is always auto ranging. That means the image always displays the maximum hot and cold colors through the temperature range of what it's looking at. Without the numerical display turned on, there is no way you could tell the temperature of anything or even how different the temperature of an object really is. Here is a circuit board where the first image looks like several hot components, the second image has a soldering iron in the frame and it look much different. I wish the range could be set or at least locked.

You can set the overlay of IR and visual images, in increments on the camera and with a slider in the software. The visual image can be manually offset (both x and y) from the IR image. This is sold as a feature, and it could be, but the visual image will offset itself (only vertically) if you move closer to, or farther from, whatever you are looking at. For example, I am looking at an Arduino from 1 meter away and the PCB fills the center 1/3 of the screen. I adjust the "registration" so that the visual and IR images are in alignment. If I then move the camera to 1/2 meter, the visual image of the PCB is now offset and fills the upper 1/3 of the screen. If I move the camera to 2 meters, the visual image of the PCB is offset in the opposite direction and fills the lower 1/3 of the display. In all cases, the IR image is centered. This offset is less affected at longer focal distances, so moving from 10 meters to 8 meters does not offset the images much, but if you are focusing on things that are close and far in your frame, something is not going to line up. I'm not sure if that is just normal for these devices (and why Uni-T has a "macro" lens), or if the two sensors are not properly aligned (defect)? I've asked the seller, who I think is an official HTI ebay distributor, if that is even a thing...

I went out on a pitch black night to see how the world looked. I got freaked out because every tree had an animal crouching down at its trunk, but I later realized it was just that autorange made the very slightly warmer tree trunks look like glowing red animal balls.  :scared:

Of course, the first thing you do is check the temp of something the device cannot measure, but look, it records video:

https://i.imgur.com/Nf2kufs.mp4
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:56:27 pm by metrologist »

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2022, 09:12:25 pm »

It clicks every few to dozen or so seconds. I think it is related to ranging the color temp. Sounds like a sensitive mechanical device prone to spontaneous dislocation of some moving part. It's annoying because every time I hear it I think that is one click cycle off the device's limited cycle life.

Quite normal, it is 'flat field calibration', hopefully slows down once the camera warms up and stabilises in temperature.

You can set the overlay of IR and visual images, in increments on the camera and with a slider in the software. The visual image can be manually offset (both x and y) from the IR image. This is sold as a feature, and it could be, but the visual image will offset itself (only vertically) if you move closer to, or farther from, whatever you are looking at. For example, I am looking at an Arduino from 1 meter away and the PCB fills the center 1/3 of the screen. I adjust the "registration" so that the visual and IR images are in alignment. If I then move the camera to 1/2 meter, the visual image of the PCB is now offset and fills the upper 1/3 of the screen. If I move the camera to 2 meters, the visual image of the PCB is offset in the opposite direction and fills the lower 1/3 of the display. In all cases, the IR image is centered. This offset is less affected at longer focal distances, so moving from 10 meters to 8 meters does not offset the images much, but if you are focusing on things that are close and far in your frame, something is not going to line up. I'm not sure if that is just normal for these devices (and why Uni-T has a "macro" lens), or if the two sensors are not properly aligned (defect)? I've asked the seller, who I think is an official HTI ebay distributor, if that is even a thing...

This effect is inevitable, due to parallax with the IR and visual lenses / sensors separated by a small amount.  It is not a fault

Consider the extreme of viewing at a few mm, your object would cover the thermal lens and the visual would miss it completely.

Bill

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2022, 09:25:50 pm »
Thanks. I figured it was a parallax issue but it seems more extreme than would be expected.

The lack of color range control is more bothersome though. Maybe it's just something I need to learn to use/interpret better.

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2022, 10:02:10 am »
Thanks. I figured it was a parallax issue but it seems more extreme than would be expected.

The lack of color range control is more bothersome though. Maybe it's just something I need to learn to use/interpret better.

Do some geometry on the images and see what you get.  Probably easiest to work out by aligning at distance and then seeing the mismatch close up.

As for colour=temperature, that is a more complex task to do as it is all pixels every frame.  As such it is the sort of thing that cannot be done on a cheaper camera with a lower powered processor.

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2022, 01:41:38 pm »
I still need to learn how to use this thing. I was trying to see the temps of this shiny metal piece on my surface grinder. -400F and I could still touch the 1200F part :bullshit:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf