Products > Thermal Imaging

Infiray and their P2 Pro - discussion

<< < (38/68) > >>

sofakng:
Hey guys... what's the difference between these different models?

I've ordered the TOPDON TC001 a few days ago ($175.95 shipped) after doing some research but I couldn't find too much information about it.  I can't imagine anything better in the price range and it seems like the Infiray P2 Pro uses the same chip?

Fluvance:
Something that I found interesting was that the Topdon TC001 Android application has a firmware update function. When I plug in my Mileseey TR160i 160x120 camera, the Topdon app suggests a firmware update for it. I'm hesitant to try it as I don't want to brick my camera from being used with the original app and possibly any app at all. But... The TC001 is a 256x192 camera, so there's a slim chance that depending on what the firmware is for, it could hack my 160x120 camera, which uses the same Tiny1 sensor, to a 256x192 camera.

Anyone have any theories on that? I suppose it depends how the Tiny1 is being configured to run in a lower resolution and if the controller/USB interface chip is the same between brands.

chemary:

--- Quote from: Fluvance on December 05, 2022, 07:37:58 am ---Something that I found interesting was that the Topdon TC001 Android application has a firmware update function. When I plug in my Mileseey TR160i 160x120 camera, the Topdon app suggests a firmware update for it. I'm hesitant to try it as I don't want to brick my camera from being used with the original app and possibly any app at all. But... The TC001 is a 256x192 camera, so there's a slim chance that depending on what the firmware is for, it could hack my 160x120 camera, which uses the same Tiny1 sensor, to a 256x192 camera.

Anyone have any theories on that? I suppose it depends how the Tiny1 is being configured to run in a lower resolution and if the controller/USB interface chip is the same between brands.

--- End quote ---

As I commented earlier I have Victor 328B that is the same that Mileseey TR256i and when I connected to Topdon Android app it asked to update the firmware, I didn't do it because it was working fine and I didn't want to brick the device, but after trying some apps I suspect some of them automatically updated the firmware because now it says I have the latest version.

I decompiled the Topdon Android application and inside there are 2 files named `P2-256-V3.02-20220310.bin` and `P2-256-V3.03-20220402.bin` as you can see in the attached pictures the date and version correspond to the firmware that I have, so all points that they are the firmware files.There are no firmware for the 160 pixels version so maybe you are lucky and they can upgrade the camera to the 256 pixels version, in theory the hardware is the same.

Having said that if you update is your responsibility, it may work or it may not work or it may even brick your device, my recommendation is that if it works fine for you and you value it stay with the 160 pixels firmware, is better that that bricking it.

Gareth79:
Finally got my P2 Pro ordered in the 11.11 sale. First impressions (using the Topdon app, which was the first that immediately worked) are that it's an impressive bit of kit. If they had a reliable/reputable resellers around the world, some side-by-side comparisons and some decent software then it should blow the western competition out of the water (or at least get some price reductions). They should get onto that rather than wasting time spamming enthusiast forums and selling direct on AliExpress, the product will sell itself.

edit: To add, I bought from the UNI-T store and received one with the silver case and a screen-printed white logo, not the style with the inset logo on a decal.

Fraser:
A little update from me….

Like Mike, I have been testing the P2 Pro for a few weeks now and I am about to release the review that I have written.

Infiray released a new version of the APP on the 6th December and I loaded it today to see if some bugs had been fixed since my testing was completed.

To note: My September release of P2 Pro (1.0.5.220921) had some bugs that included …..

1. The APP sometimes not seeing the camera dongle and asking for it to be connected. The solution to this was to close down the P2 Pro completely and erase it from the APP history page in Android (three horizontal bar icon on desktop). The P2 Pro APP would then work correctly if manually started or the camera plugged in to initiate an auto run of the APP. I had this issue with the Samsung A6, A8 and S9 Plus phones.

2. On the Samsung S9 Plus, when switching to the Wide range (High temperature) mode, the displayed spot temperatures were all over 800 Celsius even when viewing a 20C target. No solution was discovered during testing. The A8 phone did not suffer from this issue.

The new release of the P2 Pro APP dated 6 December 2022 has fixed the temperature measurement error in the high temperature range on the Samsung S9 Plus. Sadly a new issue has appeared though. When selecting the P2 Pro APP icon the phone reports that the APP is not installed. Plugging the camera dongle into the phone initiates the starting of the P2 Pro APP and all works normally. Trying to start the APP with the camera plugged in still returns the "APP not found" error. Hopefully a fix will be released soon. This fault is present on my Samsung A6, A8, S9 and also my Motorola G5 so it is not a “Samsung issue”.

I have yet to test the new release properly but it still appears to have the issue of not always seeing the camera dongle and needing the history entry to be deleted before it will work again.

Fraser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version