Author Topic: Infiray and their P2 Pro - discussion  (Read 105634 times)

Offline kat

Re: Infiray and their P2 Pro - discussion
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2023, 10:24:00 am »
One thing I noticed on my system, is that the ffmpeg method has a video lag of almost a second.
But getting the stream using mediaDevices.getUserMedia() does not produce this lag.

Offline greynol4

« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2023, 06:55:46 pm »
I haven't had the lag issue with ffmpeg but I can't seem to get the pseudocolor filter to work.  Its saying option p not found which is weird.  I'm wondering if its a syntax issue since I'm using a pi.  Currently I'm playing with v4l2loopback to try and get it into an rtsp stream and I'll worry about the pseudocolor issue later.

Offline blargg

• Contributor
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2023, 06:29:57 am »
Don't do what I did [cracked dark glass]. This isn't suitable for carrying in a pocket, even in its bag, with keys. This happened about a week after I received mine.

Just an update, Pergear offered to replace it with a new unit if I sent the old one back to their California address along with a $45 fee (20% of original price). That seems pretty generous for something entirely my fault. Glad I didn't buy from AliExpress etc. in China. The shipping alone would probably be that much.

Offline greynol4

« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2023, 04:28:34 pm »
Don't do what I did [cracked dark glass]. This isn't suitable for carrying in a pocket, even in its bag, with keys. This happened about a week after I received mine.

Just an update, Pergear offered to replace it with a new unit if I sent the old one back to their California address along with a $45 fee (20% of original price). That seems pretty generous for something entirely my fault. Glad I didn't buy from AliExpress etc. in China. The shipping alone would probably be that much.

That's good to know if they really are standing behind the product but the pessimist in me is skeptical of the fact that the cost was suspiciously similar in price to a germanium window about that size.  If they can replace the window or housing and sell it as refurbished, they've made money, albeit a small sum, with very little effort.  My point being, did they see an opportunity to barely profit and appear to have amazing customer service?  I can't help wonder what they would do in other cases if it weren't an easy fix.

The following users thanked this post: amstel

Offline mikexilva

« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2023, 01:56:46 am »
Well, after testing a Seek PRO and an amazingly Qianli, I decided to buy a P2 PRO wih macro Lens.
For 200€, I think this will be perfect for what I need/want!
After looking fro a thermal camera for a while and getting confused about the Uni-T 260M vs 721M (app on google play and not on play store...) I found this forum and now I'm looking to buy the P2 Pro also (mainly because the macro lens might be useful and software is on Google Play), where did you find your P2 Pro for that price? (I see you are from Portugal, does that include IVA?)

Regards,
Miguel

Offline greynol4

« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2023, 08:36:48 am »
So after a fair bit of swearing at my computer, I have successfully gotten a tiny1-b core attached to a raspberry pi to stream over rtsp to a dvr aside from a delay that occurs over the stream.  This should work for the p2 as well but the camera path might be different.

Setup is as follows:

Raspberry pi with bullseye - next step is to do it headless
FFmpeg must be upgraded because the bundled one is too old and predates the psuedocolor filter
Install rtsp-simple-server - configured as you want - run the service  VLC cant do rtsp using tcp apparently and rtsp simple server can so this might not even be an issue for you

Run

Code: [Select]
ffmpeg -input_format gray16le -video_size 256x384 -r 25 -i /dev/video0 -vf 'crop=h=(ih/2):y=(ih/2), normalize=smoothing=10, pseudocolor=p=inferno' -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset ultrafast -c:v libx264 -f rtsp rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/path
This can be built into a script obviously but it's a proof of concept

Feel free to comment with thoughts, criticisms or suggestions

The code is adapted from what aurel provided a couple posts back
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 12:37:00 am by greynol4 »

The following users thanked this post: mikepcw

Offline blargg

• Contributor
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2023, 12:31:47 pm »
Don't do what I did [cracked dark glass].

That's good to know if they really are standing behind the product but the pessimist in me is skeptical of the fact that the cost was suspiciously similar in price to a germanium window about that size.  If they can replace the window or housing and sell it as refurbished, they've made money, albeit a small sum, with very little effort.  My point being, did they see an opportunity to barely profit and appear to have amazing customer service?  I can't help wonder what they would do in other cases if it weren't an easy fix.

Yeah, maybe they did determine that the overall cost to them would be slight, and would have charged more or refused if it were not otherwise working. I'd like to replace it myself but don't know where to start on the right material (is it confirmed germanium?), thickness, transmission characteristics, coating?, and where one would be cheaper than that. I'll probably end up just making do with the cracked one as the tape on the corner is holding it together fine.

Raspberry pi with bullseye - next step is to do it headless
FFmpeg must be upgraded because the bundled one is too old and predates the psuedocolor filter

Does the older version support lut3d? You can use the ironbow.cube I recently posted to get the thermal coloring.

-vf lut3d=ironbow.cube
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 12:37:46 pm by blargg »

Offline FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2023, 03:29:26 pm »
The window can be Germanium or Chalcogenide IR glass. In some cases, very thin Silicon windows may be used. Silicon is not good at LWIR wavelengths so it has to be very thin and the cameras calibration has to take account of the transmission loss. A suitably AR coated window in eitherGermanium or Chalcogenide IR glass materials would cost as much, or more than, you are being asked to pay. The supplier is, in my opinion, being very fair to you.

The camera does not need that window to function but it’s calibration might be slightly off without it. Buying a generic window of different transmission figure would also mildly effect measurement accuracy.

Fraser
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 03:31:48 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline greynol4

« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2023, 08:57:01 pm »
I didn't mean to give you the impression that the fee was unfair, in fact it's probably cheaper than sourcing a window yourself and taking the time to replace it.  I was just pointing out that they might not be doing it out of the kindness of their heart or truly standing behind a product.

Offline dorin

• Contributor
« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2023, 03:37:31 pm »
P.S. just noticed that on AE they also now list an iOS version, for those that care :)

Has anybody tried the iOS version so far? I find it strange that this version can only be found on Aliexpress, I mean there are stores in the EU (even the Infiray official on amazon.de) selling the android one but not the ios..

Edit: I contacted Amazon Seller - InfiRay Official Thermal Imaging Camera and they said "the iOS version is not available for the time being. It will be available for sale when it is available."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 09:51:29 pm by dorin »

The following users thanked this post: joechina

Offline mattcaves

« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2023, 02:28:21 am »

Yes, I have this problem too, very frustrating! |O

I have two Android phones, an old Nexus 5x that it works fine on, although it's really slow as the phone is so old. So I went and got a Nokia G21 on Vodafone PAYG especially for the P2 Pro, which is doing exactly this, it works for a couple of seconds and then just freezes. Sometimes it works for longer, but always freezes in the end.

I've written to the support email address for the app, we'll see if I get any response.

Cheers,
Matt

This issue is resolved on their latest app update on 12th Feb 2023.

I did get a response from my support email requesting a video of the issue, which I provided, then silence!

Took them about 4 weeks to fix it, with CNY in the middle not too bad, props to InfiRay for fixing it!  :)

Offline Hundleton1

• Contributor
  • Also known as Ian
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2023, 08:11:34 pm »
Hay everyone, been using the P2 Pro for a few months and wile I like it its definitely got some quirks.  I have just tried the Topcon App and its great to have a PC option, although has anyone noticed the resolution looks much less than on the phone app ?

Also I have having issues with the P2Pro Android app where the temp reading is 40C+ out all of the time. mostly at temps above 50c but its well over reading. Interestingly the Topcon app looks virtually bang on, Anyone come across this on the P2Pro app as well, I have tried the Sliders for room temp and distance but tbh its not solving it.
A little bit Mad here and there.

Offline yombo

« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2023, 08:51:24 pm »
Hi! I've made a native C++ app for the Topdon TC-001 and the Infiray P2. It runs smooth on a Raspi4B, and of course on a PC.

It just displays the video (with fixed temperature range), and can record video, that's all for now. I'll see what I can do with it.

I do only own a TC-001 (it is a bit cheaper than the P2) This should work on a P2 and similar cameras that uses the mentioned earlier 16 bpp thermal raw format.
Thanks to all for the info provided on this thread.
It is only for Linux for now. The requirements are libv4l2 and OpenCV so it could be built for other systems.

Code and documentation are here:
https://github.com/yomboprime/yombir

The only quirk is that I only use the v4l video stream, I don't set any parameters via USB. I think that for this reason the camera sometimes readjusts the range or the optics by itself, making an audible clic and stopping the video for a second. I should read more deeply the code at the @LeoDJ 's repository.

The app displays the colored image in fullscreen and you can toggle recording by pressing enter. Press spacebar to exit.

There is a script to later convert (offline) the recorded raw files to colored .mp4 videos (optionally upscaled with linear interpolation)

(More info is in the README)

The second video I recorded:
https://youtu.be/NDmfXmaBHv4

Attached is a test image.

Greetings

The following users thanked this post: redbook

Offline VanDusen

Re: FPV Thermal Cameras InfiRay P2 Pro
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2023, 04:43:12 pm »
FPV Thermal Cameras - InfiRay P2 Pro - short test flight & crash test

https://youtu.be/2cKUCA-EBAo

no special driver needed, just v4l2 and a client of your choice.

Offline DooMMasteR

« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2023, 08:10:31 am »
I have noticed that the camera develops a "significant" gradient when warming up. In case of my P2 Pro the "left" of the image becomes offset warmer and warmer over time but once it has reached thermal equlibrium and does not get any warmer, simply restarting the app (and there by triggering the shutter self correction) fixes the issue.

I wonder if the P2 Pro has an internal thermal sensor that could detect the thermals changing and reissues a self cal or at least promt the user about the issue.

On a side note: I also notices that setting the scale range manually in the P2 Pro app, does not actually expand the full color pallet to the selected range but just crops away the parts above and below, which is kind of stupid and does not increase the usable thermal resolution at all.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 08:45:18 am by DooMMasteR »

Offline greynol4

« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2023, 08:31:04 pm »
I think your issue with the scale has to do with the p2 software not making full use of the hardware commands in the documentation.  The core is capable of a couple different temperature presets but I have yet to find a way to send the discrete commands to the core to explore that further.

Offline blubb

« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2023, 06:30:44 pm »
I guess no one has found a firmware upgrae for their p2pro? Mine still does the flickering after a couple minutes of runtime. The andoird app states firmware version 3.04.09.01
I was hoping a FW-upgrade might fix the issue.

Offline pikasso

« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2023, 04:13:36 pm »
Hellooo

First time on this forum.. as I just bought a Topdon camera and was willing to use connected to a Linux computer.. :-)

As it is, the TCView app in Windows works.. is not exceptionnal as the app on smartphone could be but works. Connected on a Linux computer it shows a Realtek camera
Using a local viewer to see the stream coming from the USB feed, I can see a black and white + green picture, I guess these are two lenses that are overlapsed to show not only infrared colors but layers overlayed.

Thanks to the above posts from greynol4 and others, but after a full recompilation of ffmpeg (to include the inferno filter) , I can confirm that the command below allows a feed through rtsp using VLC
ffmpeg -input_format gray16le -video_size 256x384 -r 25 -i /dev/video0 -vf 'crop=h=(ih/2):y=(ih/2), normalize=smoothing=10, pseudocolor=p=inferno' -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset ultrafast -c:v libx264 -f mpegts -|vlc -I dummy - --sout='#rtp{sdp=rtsp://:5555} --sout-all --sout-keep'

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2023, 05:23:37 pm »
Diode Gone wild just posted a P2 review. I'm hoping that price will drop a bit.

Offline LesWright

• https://www.youtube.com/leslaboratory
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2023, 12:26:14 am »
This is a very cool thread for a very cool device! I was offered a Topdon TC001 for a product review, so I have written pure Python software, which works on the Raspberry Pi 4 and I am hosting it here: https://github.com/leswright1977/PyThermalCamera/

If you are interested in the review and a demo of the Python Software here is the video (I don't get paid for it, just thought it might be useful):

The following users thanked this post: arvidb, G28, EuT

Offline Vestom

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2023, 12:52:37 pm »
They're sending me a T2S to look at - as far as I can tell trom the website, it's basically the same as the P2 but with an adjustable lens, which should be more convenient.
So did you ever get around to test the T2S and form an opinion about the pros and cons compares to the P2 Pro? It was a really nice review you did of the P2 Pro  :-+

I have a bit of trouble to decide between the T2S+ and the P2 Pro. They are currently very similar in price.

Perceived cons/pros of the P2 Pro:
+ Very small
+ Very large depth of field with fixed focus. (20cm to infinity according to Frasers review)
- Needs fixed macro lens for closer than 20cm inspection
- Fixed macro lens has shallow depth of field at appx 25mm.
- No hard case included
- P2 Pro App is crashy and glitchy according to reviews

Perceived cons/pros of the T2S+:
+ Included hard case
+ Built-in variable focus macro lens capable of focusing to ~1cm according to some reviews on youtube
+ Included pistol grip (not really sure, I want to use it though...)
+ May have slightly better image quality than P2 Pro due to the S0 core?? (according to Fraser - no comparison seen)
- Variable focus lens may have shallower depth of field for more general use >20cm ?? (No info found)
- Slightly chunkier case than the P2 Pro
- Slightly less maximum temperature span than the P2 Pro (450C versus 550C)
- Xtherm app is perhaps even less functional than the P2 Pro app?

Hope someone can enlighten me a bit  ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 01:12:04 pm by Vestom »

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2023, 11:00:12 pm »
They're sending me a T2S to look at - as far as I can tell trom the website, it's basically the same as the P2 but with an adjustable lens, which should be more convenient.
So did you ever get around to test the T2S and form an opinion about the pros and cons compares to the P2 Pro? It was a really nice review you did of the P2 Pro  :-+
Yes, but the app sucked in ways that  I don't recall now - I think one was you couldn't reorient the image when using with a cable, but there may have been others, so I never bothered doing a review.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2023, 07:51:46 am »
Sadly Infiray did not respond when I offered to review their other offerings, so I cannot comment on the T2 series either. I think Infiray want positive video reviews of their products and written reviews are too “old school” for them. Infiray and I did not fall out, they just ghosted me after I wrote the review  :( It could possibly be due to a particularly unpleasant and very unbalanced individual who sells Infiray cameras as he made all sorts of untrue and nasty claims in foul language filled tirades against myself and Dave LJ when he got banned from this forum. He said he would “poison the well” at Infiray against me. A pity as I really wanted to highlight the capabilities of the latest generations of thermal cameras and microbolometers coming out of Asia. Such is life though  :(

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2023, 08:16:39 am »
Yet thank you Fraser and Mike for the info and reviews and after watching more videos my finger now hovers over the T2S+ Buy Now from Infiray.
They are a touch dearer than their resellers but ship DHL which in NZ I'll have in a week.

A link to their downloads:
https://www.xinfrared.com/pages/download-center
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline slavoy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2023, 03:58:59 pm »
I have both the T2L and T2S+ thermo cameras, and they both work exceptionally well for electronic diagnostics. The T2S+ has a wide temperature range, while the T2L has two smaller ranges, which can be inconvenient. Apart from that and a slight difference in measurement accuracy, they are essentially the same.
I am not aware of a better thermal camera than T2S+ (for electronics) even within the $1000 price range currently. And this is for about $300 :D
-25fps
-adjustable focus
-adequate resolution
-low noise
-wide temperature range
-PC apps
What more could one ask for? I never meant to use it with Android smartphone, so I don't care about mobile apps. I read that they suck.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf