Products > Thermal Imaging

Infiray Flip PH35-Best '640' bang-for-the-buck since Therm-App Pro discontined?

(1/3) > >>

Dark Volter:
https://www.infiray.com/products/flip-ph35-thermal-imager.html

I spotted this, and am not sure how i missed it since it's been out for a bit- but I see it's at about $2800 (actually , $2200 at aliexpress, crazily enough) - $2800 generally- and i didn't think i'd see a non-thermal scope thermal imager at this spec level under 3K for ever- after watching the Therm App Pro go from 4k to 3k, then back to 4k (when i snagged it)- before the Therm-App lineup was discontinued

But 50 hz and 640X512 smells like a thermal scope core was used in this- but at that price point, in this form factor, it's picking up a area only the old Therm-App Pro had at that level
And even though I have a Therm-App Pro, this is tempting as hell

Does anyone on this Forum have one? How is the software? Does it let you control the camera well? How is infiray's software in general?

the Biggest thing, i've learned, is software can make or break a thermal camera- can you control the span, and range of the camera, or if not can you connect it to a computer and control  it? My therm-App Hz and Therm App Pro i use thermappplus 95% of the time because the OEM software doesn't let you control the span unfortunately
and therm-viewer has some control but it's finnicky and not as much...

And my FLIR pathfindir II is awesome 95% of the time- except the 5% when it rains heavily and drops get on the lens and the software adjusts the span the wrong way and the image gets dark, and i can't control it at all and it's hard to use- while my therm-apps, if water drops are on the lens incidentally, i use Therm-app plus to adjust the span- and see right through rain- and that makes all the difference with the amounts of money we throw at these.

Thoughts? Or did this escape everyone's attention?

Interesting , it's a stick with a GIANT FLIP screen

Vipitis:
that's a curious product. The sensor being marketed as limited to 8100 units is really strange. Also Datasheet says it's a 20μm pixel pitch, which I have only seen in lens catalogs before.
If it could record lossless video it would be a really great product for my needs.

Bill W:
A 20µ pitch and 35mm f/l lens gives the correct FoV for 640 horizontal so is consistent

That also means it must be displaying using only 640x360 to fit on the screen and give 21x11° FoV

ArsenioDev:

--- Quote from: Vipitis on June 04, 2023, 10:10:35 am ---The sensor being marketed as limited to 8100 units is really strange.

--- End quote ---
I'd bet this is "tail end" components of a manufacturing run that were surplus being rehomed into a unit to make extra profits on overstock, hence the limit and older pixel pitch (20um is fairly old at this point)

Bill W:

--- Quote from: ArsenioDev on June 05, 2023, 01:49:36 pm ---
I'd bet this is "tail end" components of a manufacturing run that were surplus being rehomed into a unit to make extra profits on overstock, hence the limit and older pixel pitch (20um is fairly old at this point)

--- End quote ---

20µm might be old (and also odd) but bigger pixels helps with S/N and lens design is less critical.  Even just the 35mm f/1 might be worth a fair chunk of the price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version