Author Topic: Infiray P2  (Read 7893 times)

Offline bostwickenatorTopic starter

• Contributor
Infiray P2
« on: November 23, 2021, 04:06:39 pm »
Hey I just wanted to drop some impressions of the Infiray P2 on here and some cad resources. Firstly this thing is tiny really really tiny (see below). Sensitivity wise it's ok not quite as good as the Seek Compact Pro. However it makes up for this in having massively lower noise and twice the frame rate. The frame rate makes a huge difference. There is a calibration shutter but it is only activated a couple of times at camera startup and then maybe once every 10 minutes. A completely different experience than the Seek cameras resetting every 3 seconds. There is however quite a lot of non uniformity with my instance of the device with one area quite a lot hotter.

Videos
Fun fact. The default encoding from the app is YCoCg and Youtube cannot process this colorspace. I had to convert these files in ffmpeg

PC use
It's UVC compatible! Two resolutions. The first and default resolution is greyscale white hot video. The second resolution includes both the greyscale images and what looks like some extra significant bits as a second image below the first.

CAD
I created a 3d model of the device and designed a snap on carry case and a tripod mounting block https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5144744

Photo sample gallery
See attached below
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:05:06 pm by bostwickenator »

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw, redbook, arvidb, SharpBananas

Offline thermalengineer

• Contributor
  • !
Re: Infiray P2
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 06:12:48 am »
I was looking for info about this brand, this model & T2S+ a while ago,  only found a few second videos and introductions. your review is complete and informative. great job mate. I have ordered T2S+ for PCB temperature measurement from their official aliexpress store. When I get it, will share something interesting here.

Offline Thermal Michael

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 06:50:48 am »
The carry case is super cool. And for P2, I saw from InfiRay's Facebook public page that they released another new smaller thermal camera for smartphone called Night Vision Go last December. They look like the same. Do you know the difference of those two? Looking forward to your reply. Thanks~

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 01:41:23 am »
The image isn't so much out of focus but supersampled. They want the text to he sharp so they blow up the image before pinning the text over it. An interesting feature of the app is after taking the picture you can change the annotations and measure things after the fact.

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 01:46:32 am »
I saw some references for "Night Vision Go (P2)" so I think it's just a sales moniker.

Offline Rambo Sonny

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 04:17:42 am »
I heard that infiray has public a new P2 pro, which is equipped with a separate lens, seems to be a magnet and can be directly absorbed into the thermal imager

Offline SharpBananas

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 08:29:28 am »
Got a link? I can't find any info about a new p2 pro.

And on the topic of the original p2, it is wayy better than the seek compact pro. The sensitivity, frame rate, and noise are all leagues ahead of any seek product. The apps however are iffy. The P2 Pro app is good but no ranging and no digital zoom.\

*correction* It does have range setting..it was just a hard setting to find.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 10:13:01 pm by SharpBananas »

Offline thermalengineer

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 01:37:42 am »
Could you tell us whether you can manually set the temprature range on both of these? and can you link them to a computer like webcam ... I've heard that they can be set up like that without the settings control. it would be nice to see a video on that, thank you!

Offline SharpBananas

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2022, 10:14:08 pm »
You can set the temperature range to change everything out of the range to black hot vs in range is at the your current palette.

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2022, 02:08:33 am »
Hey @thermalengineer. To answer your question yes you can set the range manually but the UX is just as silly as the Seek Thermal apps. To use it with a PC you really only have to plug it in. It's a USB video class device so you can use it in any application a webcam would normally work with eg. VLC, Windows Camera app, Cheese on Ubuntu, etc.
https://youtube.com/shorts/d_JBXS6S3ro

edit: Looks like these questions weren't in good faith. I guess the little dead emoji means banned re: Rambo Sonny, thermalengineer. Context here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/infiray-and-their-p2-pro-discussion/msg4464166/#msg4464166
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 02:23:14 am by bostwickenator »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf