Products > Thermal Imaging

Is a new FLIR One around the corner?

(1/3) > >>

buffalo:
Hi, first post.  :)

Looking into getting into thermal imaging for the first time and I see many retailers offering the FLIR One for around $200.

I'm not familiar at all with thermal imaging, but I know the original FLIR One came out in 2014, and v2 came in 2015.  Does anybody know if an update is expected soon?  I don't want to buy an imager only to have it immediately replaced by newer technology.

Are there any new consumer-grade sensors that might be used in a 2016 version, with higher resolution?

Thanks.

mikeselectricstuff:
IMO I doubt we'll see a major upgrade any time soon. the current 160x120 is more than adequate for a phone type device, and above this the sensor and optics are going to get more expensive.
Doesn't surprise me if prices are dropping - it's still expensive for a 'toy', and the market for 'real' users is probably getting saturated.

cynfab:
But, the Flir One Android/IOS is now on sale on Amazon for $US199
https://www.amazon.com/FLIR-ONE-Thermal-Imager-iOS/dp/B00VILVV62/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465516655&sr=8-1&keywords=flir+one

Is this a Father's Day Sale or a hint that there may be something new on the horizon.
Bozon is soon to be released, maybe the higher res core will make it into something like the Flir Two....

mikeselectricstuff:

--- Quote from: cynfab on June 10, 2016, 12:01:00 am ---But, the Flir One Android/IOS is now on sale on Amazon for $US199
https://www.amazon.com/FLIR-ONE-Thermal-Imager-iOS/dp/B00VILVV62/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465516655&sr=8-1&keywords=flir+one

Is this a Father's Day Sale or a hint that there may be something new on the horizon.
Bozon is soon to be released, maybe the higher res core will make it into something like the Flir Two....

--- End quote ---
Maybe but nowhere near as cheap.

frenky:
Flir doesen't have a competing model to Therm-App and ThemalExpert so perhaps they will make a new higher resolution module in the 1000$ segment...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version