Author Topic: Is it possible to get rid of the GUI overlay on old TICs?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline LoganTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Is it possible to get rid of the GUI overlay on old TICs?
« on: September 21, 2021, 02:54:42 pm »
Hi, I hate the GUI overlay on firefighting cameras, they eat away my precious pixels. Does anyone know how to turn them off? Thank you.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Is it possible to get rid of the GUI overlay on old TICs?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 03:58:20 pm »
That all depends on where the overlay graphics are applied.

Many imaging cores provide their own graphics overlay and some can be reconfigured to remove such graphics. Other camera designs use whatever graphics are provided by the core plus camera manufacturer supplied graphics overlays that are applied to the image output of the core. It is sometimes possible to obtain a clear, or relatively clear composite video image at the core output before any additional graphic overlays are added.

Cores are configured using hidden menus, command line instructions to a comma poetry or manufacturer specific configuration utilities that are not usually public domain.the command sets and utilities for some cores have got into the public domain however.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

The following users thanked this post: Logan

Offline LoganTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 05:19:02 pm »
Thank you Fraser.
So which cores' config method are public available?

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 05:27:04 pm »
Raytheon-L3 3500AS, 3600AS and 4500AS
BAE SC500 series
Raytheon BST core kit
FLIR TAU and TAU2
FLIR Quark
FLIR BOSON
Indigo Alpha
Indigo Omega /FLIR M10
Indigo Photon /FLIR Photon
Certain ISG cores

Warning:

Just because the configuration method for these cores is in the public domain, that does not mean that it is easily obtained or will be shared by those who hold such. This information is liable to the rules of dual use technology and, in some cases, corporate confidentiality.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:55:55 pm by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Ben321

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 10:13:15 pm »
Raytheon-L3 3500AS, 3600AS and 4500AS
BAE SC500 series
Raytheon BST core kit
FLIR TAU and TAU2
FLIR Quark
FLIR BOSON
Indigo Alpha
Indigo Omega /FLIR M10
Indigo Photon /FLIR Photon
Certain ISG cores

Warning:

Just because the configuration method for these cores is in the public domain, that does not mean that it is easily obtained or will be shared by those who hold such. This information is liable to the rules of dual use technology and, in some cases, corporate confidentiality.

So basically you are saying software pirates have copies of this info, and will only share it for a price?

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 10:31:42 am »
So basically you are saying software pirates have copies of this info, and will only share it for a price?

No.

Some of us here have this software legitimately for various reasons but are not allowed to share it.

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 10:38:18 am »
Hi, I hate the GUI overlay on firefighting cameras, they eat away my precious pixels. Does anyone know how to turn them off? Thank you.

The other route is that some of the cores mentioned have their own 'clean' output reasonably accessible, so can be taken off before the camera builder adds all the stuff you do not want.

So for example the BST core produces a clean analogue and 10 bit digital video.  In general the camera builders then took the 10 bit digital, added their overlays and then D-A and/or output the result on screen.

2000AS was the same, but moving on to the 3500AS and later the overlay functions could be performed within the core so you'd need the core control software to fix it not a bit of Kynar wire.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 04:14:02 pm by Bill W »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf