Author Topic: Is it still possible to buy Thermal expert Q1 around $500?  (Read 1647 times)

Offline vekovohTopic starter

Is it still possible to buy Thermal expert Q1 around $500?
« on: February 02, 2019, 02:14:08 pm »
I've heard the price was low at the beginning, but they raised it to about $1000, is that true?
I cannot even find the price or distributer on their website.

Offline TooQik

• Regular Contributor
Re: Is it still possible to buy Thermal expert Q1 around $500?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 10:20:36 pm »
Prices I received direct from i3system on 14th January this year were as follows:
  • TE-Q1 with  6.8mm lens: $499
  • TE-Q1 Plus with 13mm lens: $599
  • TE-Q1 Pro with 6.8mm lens: $699
  • Accessories kit: $85
  • Shipping: $65
All prices are in USD.

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 12:44:10 am »
Are you sure those prices are with taxes? Importanting from somewhere else might add even more import tax.

For their EU distributor it's 499€ for the M1 and 799€ for the Q1 with slightly higher prices on 30hz version. But they had a -20% offer before Christmas on eBay last year which might return.

Offline TooQik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 02:41:11 am »
The pricing I've been given from i3system does not include any taxes, custom's fees or duties as this would vary country to country.

For example,  in Australia it would cost a further 10% in GST on top of both the goods and shipment price, plus custom's fees of approximately $100. So the TE-Q1 @ $499 USD with an accessories kit and shipping comes in around $1000 AUD after exchange rates, GST and custom's fees are taken into account.

I've noticed on this forum of people referring to a TE-Q1 30Hz version, but when I asked i3system they stated they don't do a 30Hz version of the Q1. Does anyone here actually have a 30Hz version of the Q1? If so, are you able to share where you purchased it, as this is something I've potentially interested in buying.

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 12:13:50 pm »
As far as I know, there is no 30hz Q1. But there is a 30hz V1 and a 30hz M1. The M1 bringen exclusive to the europen retailer and costs a little more. There was a thread some time ago where we tried to figure out of the Q1 and M1 are identical hardware wise but use dumped down software. Evidence is that they use windowing in firmware but it hasn't been explored any further.
Thread link: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/is-the-te-m1-a-software-downgraded-te-q1/

The following users thanked this post: TooQik

Offline panzer04

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 12:05:58 am »
Having purchased a Q1+ from i3, they still charge 500/600 USD for the Q1/+, though they have a mandatory 65usd shipping charge too.

Speaking specifically for Australia, the way import charges are taxed means no GST is charged (as they are meant to be charged by the seller) and imports less than 1000$ incur no duty, so the Q1/+ are basically just the cost of camera + shipping, which is nice.

If you want to check charges yourself, just toss them an email, they will reply within a day or two with a pricing brochure. Don’t ask me why they make it so annoying  ::)

Offline TooQik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 04:57:33 am »
@ Vipitis
Thanks for the feedback regarding the discussion on M1 - I'll have a good read of this.

@ panzer04
Have you received your Q1+ yet? I only ask because you may get hit with some extra costs when you receive it. As far as I'm aware, thermal cameras attract no duties so you won't get hit with the normal 5 - 10% duties charge, but I expect you may still get stung with GST due to a change in the way GST was changed last year for importation of goods under $1000.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf