Author Topic: Mileseey TR256i Smartphone TIC  (Read 1617 times)

Offline rekTopic starter

Mileseey TR256i Smartphone TIC
« on: November 22, 2023, 11:46:53 pm »
I recently picked up a Mileseey TR256i smartphone thermal camera incredibly cheaply in some of the recent eBay sales coupons (about 220 AUD for the 256x192 version). I believe this is based on the Infiray Tiny1 core like many of the other mystery-brand imagers of this specification coming out of China?

https://www.mileseeytools.com/products/thermal-imaging-camera-for-phone-mileseey-tr256i?variant=42920111964321

It seems to operate fine enough (although the Android APK is a direct download rather than from the Play Store, which is a little strange), and takes nice photos where there's a decent amount of contrast/range in the thermal image. The 25 Hz is also much nicer than the lower range FLIR units I'm used to (Flir ONE Pro, hacked E4).

However when dealing with photos with subtle temperature changes it seems incredibly noisy - refer the attached pic. Much more than the images from the typical FLIR of similar capability (that said I more or less assume their firmware post-processes their images quite significantly). I wonder if this is par for the course for this type of imager, a defect in the bolometer, or the result of the software outputting a raw image without any smoothing?

I intend on using this in the workshop with a macro lens (and have a Hikmicro Pocket 2 on the way for general thermal imaging) so this noise with subtle temperature changes isn't necessarily a huge concern of mine - it'll still be great for PCB & machine analysis where there is a decent gap between min/max temperatures - just not so much for building thermal inspection type roles!

Is there any other smartphone software that can/might work with this unit? Or Windows software? (I see the IRCAM software in the thread, but I can't access the trial version through the MS Store for some reason)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 11:49:27 pm by rek »

The following users thanked this post: Rob2

Offline rekTopic starter

Re: Mileseey TR256i Smartphone TIC
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 12:31:16 am »
I've done some basic looking around.

It works with the "P2 Pro" app on the Play Store, but it's not very good.

The Topdon software from this link (which I got from the Victor thread) seems to work:
https://www.topdon.com/pages/pro-down.html?fuzzy=TC001

The PC software works and looks quite good indeed, the Android software also works but the interface is a little odd.

The following users thanked this post: Rob2

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf