Author Topic: My new Hikmicro Pocket 2  (Read 31855 times)

Offline pk3

Re: My new Hikmicro Pocket 2
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2023, 08:32:41 am »
Hello,

what are differences between Hikmicro B20 and Pocket 2 regarding precision?
I know, this question was asked and answered several months before, but when we look at these 2 cameras, there are some differences - at least when comparing specs:
1. B20 has thermal range from -20°C - +550°C, Pocket 2 only -20°C - +400°C. My local seller explained that Pocket 2 is smaller and cannot be thermally compensated for temperatures above 400°C.
2. B20 after latest firmware supports Super IR resolution 512 x 384 pixels, Pocket 2 does not support Super IR yet

Does it mean that bigger body of B20 allows to do more precise measurements? Does it affect also thermal noise?

Thanks.

Offline Pfriemler

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2023, 02:00:43 pm »
sorry, can not contribute to pk3's questions.

Meanwhile, 5.5.49 is available (dated 25-07-2023).
only minor changes: Hotspot offers QR for a quicker connection via WLAN.
Optimizations
Pocket Series handheld thermal cameras have been optimized to improve your experience.
1 Added instant snapshot thumbnail after capturing in live view
2 Improved on-screen keyboard experience.
3 Display order of blending mode adjusted.
4 Save Visual Image: The default visual image resolution is adjusted to 8 MP in this version.
5 Swipe-down menu: Tap and hold Wi-Fi, Hotspot, and Bluetooth icon in swipe-down menu to enter corresponding configuration interface.

to 1: my actual 5.5.29 had it already ...?

I missed to download 5.5.45. I like to see the news/opmimizations in this version. May someone look into the pdf ...?
And ... firmware is declared to fit botch Pocket 1 and Pocket 2. Hmm?
once you do it right, it works :-)

Offline rfspezi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2023, 07:09:31 am »
Can someone confirm if this is yet another bug of the Pocket 2 or if i get something wrong here:

*) First, I set the temperature range (color bar) manually to e.g. 12,6...31,1°C and lock both limits.
*) Second, i take a picture shown in img1.jpg
*) When i now point the camera to another scene, i would expect the camera to show the same color for the same temperature. However, when i pan the camera slightly to the left side of the first scene so that other temperatures come into view, the colors of the entire image change (compare the corresponding surfaces of the first and second image)

Firmware: V5.5.49 build 230628
Module: V1.0.2.0 build 220613

Edit:

To me this clearly does not work as intended and is absolutely unusable.
I really wonder why nobody else yet has found that issue!

By the way... they even mention in their user manual that the color range should adapt/be limited to the manually set temperature range (page 10).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:10:27 am by rfspezi »

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2023, 08:51:22 pm »
I don't have Pocket 2 to try, but this should not be happening in manual (locked) temperature range mode. Same objects should maintain their color as camera pans around otherwise manual range mode is pointless :-//

Text from manual indicates that temperature range locking should work properly, with objects below/above range mapped to other colors (possible gray colors instead of regular palette). Some IR cameras work this way.

EDIT: looking at the images closely it seems that manual set range [12.6, 31.1] is ignored and scene min/max is taken as actual range ([17.2, 25.2] & [14.4, 26.5]), i.e. it is auto ranging.
Try setting range to [15, 25] and take a photo of something hot (>50C). Maybe manual range will kick in this case.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 08:58:59 pm by electr_peter »

Offline rfspezi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2023, 10:05:51 pm »

It is definately a bug in the firmware.
Setting the colors to linear mode does not solve the issue.

Sadly i have the same "is it a bug?" discussion going on with Hikmicrotech support as last time when i reported the camera-freezing when taking a picture immediately after startup bug.... Ufffff....

Hope this time they admit the bug sooner and fix it faster than last time (took several moths to get the bugfix!).

Hope dies last.... but it dies...

Offline ExaLab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2023, 06:40:09 pm »
The camera algorithm locks the color palette to the manual selected range of temperatures only if the temperatures range of the image includes the manual selected range (the typical use of this function responds to the need to enhance the contrast of a small part of the image).

Therefore, in your case, to have the same color/temp reference for any of the two images you have posted, the manual range you have to set should be 17.2 - 25.2 degrees centigrade.

If the max of the image is below the max of the setted range and/or the min of the image is above the min of the setted range, the camera algorithm compresses part of the color palette in order to enhance the contrast of the image. This behaviour, on the one hand is positive as it enhances the temperature differences that would otherwise not be visible, on the other hand it is negative as it does not allow comparisons between different scenarios (as you rightly observed...)

To summarize, currently, the locking of the color palette to the manually setted temperature range is only partial.
Personally I believe that this behavior responds to a specific design choice rather than a firmware bug.

For particular needs such as the one you have explained, you could ask the manufacturer to include in the menu the possibility of activating (as an option) the full lock of the color palette.

At the time, I struggled quite a bit to get the bug relating to the set humidity corrected and on several occasions I also asked to include the possibility of removing the "fusion" effect from PIP images, without any success...

Offline Toumal

« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2024, 09:27:00 am »
Does anyone have any info about the built-in webserver of this device? I see ports 80 and 443 open (in addition to 554 and 8000) but all I get is a redirect to "/index.asp?randnum=XXXXXX" - which then gives a 404 error... Is this just some weird leftover or is there something that can be done with that?

Oh and... port 554 appears to be RTSP, does anyone know the RTSP path?

EDIT: I did some digging.

The API is at http://<deviceIP>/ISAPI/

You need a session ID which you can get via a request to /ISAPI/Security/sessionLogin/capabilities?username=admin&random=10030310

You can get the RTSP stream at rtsp://<deviceIP>:554/Thermal/Channels/2/ for example, but it's not plain RTSP apparently and won't play in VLC directly - you only get the first frame of the normal camera.

You can set the stream parameters by sending an XML like this:

PUT /ISAPI/Thermal/channels/2/thermometry/basicParam

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ThermometryBasicParam version="2.0">
<id>2</id>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<streamOverlay>false</streamOverlay>
<pictureOverlay>false</pictureOverlay>
<temperatureRange>-20~150</temperatureRange>
<temperatureUnit>degreeCentigrade</temperatureUnit>
<temperatureCurve>close</temperatureCurve>
<emissivity>0.97</emissivity>
<distanceUnit>centimeter</distanceUnit>
<specialPointThermType>centerPoint</specialPointThermType>
<distance>150</distance>
<reflectiveEnable>true</reflectiveEnable>
<alert>45.0</alert>
<alarm>55.0</alarm>
<showTempStripEnable>false</showTempStripEnable>
<thermalOpticalTransmittance>1.000</thermalOpticalTransmittance>
<externalOpticsWindowCorrection>20.0</externalOpticsWindowCorrection>
<AlertOutputIOPortList></AlertOutputIOPortList>
<AlarmOutputIOPortList></AlarmOutputIOPortList>
<alertFilteringTime>0</alertFilteringTime>
<alarmFilteringTime>0</alarmFilteringTime>
<displayMaxTemperatureEnabled>true</displayMaxTemperatureEnabled>
<displayMinTemperatureEnabled>true</displayMinTemperatureEnabled>
<displayAverageTemperatureEnabled>false</displayAverageTemperatureEnabled>
<thermometryInfoDisplayposition>top_left_of_screen</thermometryInfoDisplayposition>
<emissivityMode>customsettings</emissivityMode>
<displayCentreTemperatureEnabled>true</displayCentreTemperatureEnabled>
</ThermometryBasicParam>

When you first connect to the device in Hikmicro Studio you can set a password. I haven't checked how the flow of that works, but I did notice that vlc asked me for username and password after that when I tried connecting to RTSP. The official documentation on their ISAPI is only available to approved partner companies.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 12:37:25 pm by Toumal »

The following users thanked this post: cte

Offline ElectronMan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2024, 04:29:19 pm »
The default username and password is:
admin / HMsc2020

You can enable SSH (don't get too excited, it is a very limited psh shell) using:

Code: [Select]
curl -X PUT -v --digest -u admin:HMsc2020 "http://<IPADDRESS>/ISAPI/System/Network/ssh" -d "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><SSH><enabled>true</enabled></SSH>"
There are a lot of options you can play with via the ISAPI interface, and there are a lot of PDF files describing commands online. Streaming the visual camera to VLC via RTSP works if you use rtsp://admin:HMsc2020@<ipaddress>.

I am sure there is a specific URL that will work for the thermal as well, but haven't played with that much yet.

Edit:

For the screen view including thermal:
rtsp://admin:HMsc2020@<ipaddress>/Streaming/Channels/201

« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 04:40:09 pm by ElectronMan »

Offline An0v0meo~

« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2024, 12:14:34 pm »
you can try "admin" "abcd1234", hikvision use this user name and password, maybe it can works in hikmicro too :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf