Author Topic: New Flir products  (Read 225140 times)

Offline Ben321

• Frequent Contributor
Re: New Flir products
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2015, 07:20:53 pm »
Has anybody here yet tried the latest version of my program? Please reply if you have. I'd like to know how it's working out for you.

Has anybody here yet tried out the ActiveX DLL component that I created? Please reply if you have. I'd like to know how it's working for you in any program that you've used it in.

Offline eug

• Contributor
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2015, 08:12:38 am »
Has anybody here yet tried the latest version of my program? Please reply if you have.

I would have tried it by now if Flir didn't delay the Android version. The shipping date has now slipped to mid-August!

Offline OrBy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2015, 07:01:04 pm »
Has anybody here yet tried the latest version of my program? Please reply if you have. I'd like to know how it's working out for you.

Has anybody here yet tried out the ActiveX DLL component that I created? Please reply if you have. I'd like to know how it's working for you in any program that you've used it in.

As for the latest version it seems to work with both regular images and pano's that I create. Like the scaling and selection methods. If you need something very basic it fits the bill.

Offline Thinkerer

C2 Video Out -- Re: New Flir products
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »
Has anyone fiddled with one of the new C2 cameras?  I have one and am wondering how to get video output into MATLAB.  They ship a camera viewer that will save .avi files, but if there's a more direct way it'd be nice.

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
Re: C2 Video Out -- Re: New Flir products
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2015, 08:22:22 pm »
Has anyone fiddled with one of the new C2 cameras?  I have one and am wondering how to get video output into MATLAB.  They ship a camera viewer that will save .avi files, but if there's a more direct way it'd be nice.
Unfortunately the C2 doesn't output radiometric video afaik. This means you can't read temp data from the video stream.

There was another user here a while ago who got radiometric video working on the E4, which normally doesn't have it, however I'm not sure if that will help you.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/flir-ex-realtime-raw-radiometric-data-streaming-via-uvc/

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2015, 08:25:28 pm »
Has anybody here yet tried the latest version of my program? Please reply if you have.

I would have tried it by now if Flir didn't delay the Android version. The shipping date has now slipped to mid-August!

Hopefully that's just for new orders :/

The FLIR website is showing the iOS version as preorder now too. My amazon order is still showing "Before August 15th"....

Offline Thinkerer

« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2015, 09:50:01 pm »
Unfortunately the C2 doesn't output radiometric video afaik. This means you can't read temp data from the video stream.

There was another user here a while ago who got radiometric video working on the E4, which normally doesn't have it, however I'm not sure if that will help you.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/flir-ex-realtime-raw-radiometric-data-streaming-via-uvc/

According to the FLIR rep it won't do radiometric data, but I'm just trying to trap the video output which would be "good enough" for what we're doing.

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2015, 11:22:44 pm »

According to the FLIR rep it won't do radiometric data, but I'm just trying to trap the video output which would be "good enough" for what we're doing.
I haven't used matlab but it should just show up as a standard UVC webcam. Any standard webcam software should interact with it.

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2015, 03:41:32 am »
My 2nd gen Flir one was delivered today (ordered 6/27).

I had a quick play with it, and so far I am quite impressed.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2015, 03:50:31 am »

As for the latest version it seems to work with both regular images and pano's that I create. Like the scaling and selection methods. If you need something very basic it fits the bill.

It is not loading properly images that that have size not multiple of 4. It loads but the image is skewed. Would be good if that is fixed in the next version.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2015, 03:59:53 am »
@Ben321

I wonder if you can add parsing of FLIR .seq (.fff) video files to decompose to individual frames.

EDIT: I have a sample but it is over 1Mb so can't supply as an attachment.

EDIT: per this post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/flir-e4-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown/msg377140/#msg377140 it should be as simple is splitting based on the following search pattern:
\x46\x46\x46\x00\x00\x00
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:39:24 am by Bud »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2015, 04:15:38 am »

That was a mod for Linux which I managed to compile with my zero knowledge of Linux. It writes raw data to a file, not to a streaming device. So I was able to create a file but do not know what to do with it, i.e. how to display the content. The author did not respond. So at the moment this is a dead horse to me.

Offline Thinkerer

Answered (I hope) [Re: C2 Video Out -- Re: New Flir products]
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2015, 01:51:09 pm »

I haven't used matlab but it should just show up as a standard UVC webcam. Any standard webcam software should interact with it.

This looks like it might do the job

Here's the relevant MATLAB connection docs if any other poor soul is trying this: 

http://www.mathworks.com/help/supportpkg/usbwebcams/ug/webcam-acquisition-overview.html

Have to hustle back to the lab and find out new things I don't know enough about.

Thanks!

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #213 on: July 30, 2015, 09:47:28 pm »
International Shipping!

Interestingly you can just turn off the tax...

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2015, 05:44:31 pm »
I had a sales email from PASS UK today.

They are offering the new FLIR ONE Android for sale. I can't find confirmation of stock levels but we may be on the cusp of receiving our pre-ordered units  :-+

http://www.tester.co.uk/flir-one-thermal-camera-android

The web site also suggests that the camera has a normal retail price of £199+VAT at 20%. They are currently offering the camera at the 'discounted' price of £168 +VAT. I wonder if the price will go up to £199+VAT after an initial release period?

Aurora
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2015, 09:03:13 pm »
I had a sales email from PASS UK today.

They are offering the new FLIR ONE Android for sale. I can't find confirmation of stock levels but we may be on the cusp of receiving our pre-ordered units  :-+

http://www.tester.co.uk/flir-one-thermal-camera-android

The web site also suggests that the camera has a normal retail price of £199+VAT at 20%. They are currently offering the camera at the 'discounted' price of £168 +VAT. I wonder if the price will go up to £199+VAT after an initial release period?

Aurora
I really hope these things are finally shipping.

My FLIR One Android order has had it's estimated shipping date change from Late July -> Early August -> August 19th now.

It seems like nobody (First gen FLIR One, Seek Thermal iOS) can ship their product on time.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2015, 09:51:35 pm »
I tried to download the Android app from the Play store.....

It said my Motorola Moto G was not compatible  :o

Hope they sort that out as the Moto G isn't exactly exotic

Aurora

Online mikeselectricstuffTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2015, 04:15:42 pm »
Just had an email order update saying expected shipping of F1 Android week of Sep 7th   >:(
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline cynfab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2015, 05:58:05 pm »
Aurora, I was able to download it with my Samsung S4 Mini, which is most likely NOT compatible. It wouldn't work with my Seek, and the S4 Mini is not on Flir's list of compatible devices. The Play Store says that of my many Android devices, only the S4 Mini was compatible....go figure.
The app installed ok and has some sample pix, also the Flir Tools app can view these pix and report their info.

Taken 5/16/2014
Image Size 120 x 160
Camera *(*)

lat/long puts it near Stockholm Sweden

Some info like Rel Humidity, Atmos. Temp, IR Window temp, Emissivity are editable/saveable.

Lots of stuff to explore.

I'll try to side load the app onto something else later today.

I also got an e-mail update saying the same as Milke ...."week of Sept 7"----> most likely to ship on Sept 11.

...ken...

Update:

I was able to sideload the Flir One app for Android onto my $US49 DigiLand DL701Q tablet which the Play Store said was NOT compatible.
It runs (of course I don't have a Flir One yet) as it did on my S4 Mini. Flir Tools Mobile runs as well and shows the same info for the sample images.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:32:49 pm by cynfab »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2015, 08:04:50 pm »
I also received a 'week beginning' 7 September shipping message from FLIR.

Cynfab,

Thanks for the info. I would have expected FLIR to have opened up the app to all android phones and tablets that can support OTG. Seek had their app locked down to specific phones when first released, but soon opened it to all phones.

Aurora

Offline TopLoser

• Supporter
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2015, 11:02:50 pm »
Luckily the iOS app is receiving regular updates and working very nicely :)

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2015, 11:27:55 pm »
@Toploser

That is good to hear. At least FLIR maintain software development after initial release. I have to wonder whether they have had some issues with the Android software so delayed shipping until it meets their high standards. On the compatibility chart there appeared to be an issue with video recording on some phones.

All good things are worth waiting for. In the mean time I have another Ex. Cadillac Deville 320x240 30fps Raytheon camera on its way to me from the USA. Looks like it will arrive before the FLIR ONE  Gen2.

Aurora
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:29:53 pm by Aurora »

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2015, 12:48:53 am »
Just had an email order update saying expected shipping of F1 Android week of Sep 7th   >:(
Did they not learn anything from the 1st gen? Ugh.

Offline kahe40

• Contributor
« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2015, 07:56:02 am »
Seams the best price is with rs-online.uk (or .es),
they offer 15% till August.21 for new customers,
maybe it is worth to register Grandma/Uncle to get this reduction ?

Offline rcblob

« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2015, 08:16:29 am »
Seams the best price is with rs-online.uk (or .es),
they offer 15% till August.21 for new customers,
maybe it is worth to register Grandma/Uncle to get this reduction ?

That offer excludes all Test & Measurement equipment. I almost went for it before I read that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf