Author Topic: New user here - got the Cat S62 Pro, thinking about getting the HTI HT-301  (Read 1431 times)

Offline BatnunTopic starter

Hi,

Just started with thermal imaging  8)

Got a used Cat S62 Pro from eBay for a good price. This phone has the Lepton 3.5 sensor, which I guess is comparable to the one used in the Flir One Pro.
Unfraternally it seems that only the software that comes with the phone (MyFLIR 3.0.55) can access the thermal camera, so I can't really use any other apps...

I've searched a bit, and it seems that you can't get the Therm-App Pro module anymore, which is a shame, since it's probably the best module for a smartphone (640x-480 resolution, 25Hz), so I thought about getting the HTI HT-301, which has decent resolution of 384x288 and smooth 25Hz.

Any recommendation / suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 08:08:50 pm by Batnun »

Offline BatnunTopic starter

Thanks, I couldn't really find what the differences between InfiRay T3S and HTI HT-301 - seems like the hardware is identical and even both official apps work on both models?

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
I bought the HT-19 handheld imager. The only thing I do not like is it always auto ranges so you will always see the full color range on the screen. I'm not sure if this model allows manual ranging but that is something I would look for next time.

Online DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
I bought the HT-19 handheld imager. The only thing I do not like is it always auto ranges so you will always see the full-color range on the screen. I'm not sure if this model allows manual ranging but that is something I would look for next time.
Good question, I don't know which model lets your spanlock / manual lock a given range, and also been looking at Ht301/T3S, but it's not like they've gotten cheaper after all these years.. recall they were just below 500 US bucks 3 or 4 years back when different Chinese forums reps tried to push them to buyers on different forums, not least here on EEVblog.
The Dongle units with 192x256 microbolometer are on the other hand. getting quite low in price & common.. saw one yesterday at AliE for below 200 USD with a 192x256 sensor and that price at just under 200 US was even with incl. 25% danish VAT and shipping.. but sadly a unit with a fixed focus (not adjustable).

The span range lock, is a feature I use all the time, as otherwise, It will often blow out the small temp/thermal variables I wanna see in pictures or video.
and I would also like some info, on to what extent you have that on fx the apps for Hti301,  T3, T3S, T3pro, T2, T2S, T2L, T2 Pro etc, alongside a shutload from other brands, that mostly is 256x192 or below microbolometers and often very limited information about the app..

I remember' I heard that there is quite a difference between T3S, Hti301, T3, T3pro and the app for these 384x288 dongles, versus the models below, like 2-series that should be quite limited.
For these thermal dongles, the app. plays such a huge role, so crucial to get an idea of what possibilities it gives.
On the old Seek Pro FF it's mostly the Tyrian palette I prefer, and the span lock, so I can lock out the things I'm not interested in.
Also the approach I have been using on pictures like these, where I try to drown out the background and lock the span-range...

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:32:11 pm by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: Smoky

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
Those are nice images.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf