Author Topic: Old FLIR EX320 Replacement - Streaming Video to TV/Monitor Display?  (Read 543 times)

Offline waterppkTopic starter

For years I've run a thermal imaging demo for kids events/outreach with a ~20" LCD display running RCA video streaming from an old FLIR EX320 camera.  I fired up the camera this week and found that the image had a number of horizontal bands/poor resolution but the menu was perfect.  For better or for worse, flexing the camera would somewhat straighten out the image momentarily but it would revert as soon as it was released (light pressure).  I pulled it apart and found a large ceramic capacitor dislodged from the power board (not in the case, might have happened long ago) but otherwise it seems to be in clean shape.  I reseated everything, reassembled, and now it's even worse than it was before :-)  I'm going to take another stab at repairing it or at least determining the cause of death but:

Long story short - I was contemplating a new FLIR E4 and hack upgrade it to E8 so I have the same resolution, but in looking through the forum there's a lot of better imaging options out there now (resolution and frame rate).  I'd like to spend <$1,000 on a new camera, what should I buy if my principal need is streaming video I can display on a monitor or Windows computer? (or rPi, something standalone and easy to set up/keep working like a webcamera stream, etc).  I should also mention a preference for something with 10+ year standalone capability, if it relies on a particular phone/OS/etc it's bound to be a PITA someday when the OEM goes under.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 02:35:51 am by waterppk »

Offline svgurus

• Regular Contributor
Thermal expert q1 has software to stream on win PC, don't remember if it can go full screen though but can check. you will need reverse type с cable. my frame rate is 9hz, you surely need 25?)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf