Products > Thermal Imaging

OpenIRV. ISC0901B0 (Autoliv NV3, FLIR E4/5/6/8) based opensource thermal camera

<< < (48/76) > >>

VGN:

--- Quote from: robca on April 27, 2021, 12:05:44 am ---I'm sure it's one of the most asked questions, but before putting down my name as a potential buyer/beta tester, I was wondering if you are any closer to have a rough idea of the price range (very rough). Or even an interval of confidence (say, between $500 and $1,000)

--- End quote ---
Very rough price for the kit is definitely going to be under 500$.

--- Quote from: robca on April 27, 2021, 12:05:44 am ---I'm also trying to understand if your goal is to offer a full solution (even as a kit), that includes the thermal camera module, or if the plan is for people to source a NV3/Audi camera on their own (I see quite a few Audi cameras going for ~$500 on eBay)

--- End quote ---
There is no way to ship thermal camera modules, because of export/import restriction of different countries, though it possible to find NV3 camera almost all over the world. The goal is to design a kit, that is almost ready to use. This photo shows the whole set of part, that are going to be reused from original camera: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/openirv-isc0901b0-(autoliv-nv3-flir-e4568)-based-opensource-thermal-camera/?action=dlattach;attach=1022356;image
All other parts (except the battery, due to air transport restrictions) will be included in the kit.

--- Quote from: robca on April 27, 2021, 12:05:44 am ---(I see quite a few Audi cameras going for ~$500 on eBay)

--- End quote ---
This is quite much, probably, because the part is new. Try to look for other partnumbers:
66549322653 or 9322653 - BMW
A2229052805 - Mercedes
4G0980552/4G0980552A - AUDI/WV

Also I don't think that ebay is the best place to find a good priced camera. Most second hand cameras even with cracked front window are alive, but you can hardly find them on ebay. I think this is because most sellers don't understand that cracked window camera can be reused.

VGN:
Some updates.

1. Have ordered a new button's cover matrix for the beta release. Much better surface quality thanks to sandblasting finish.

2. Finishing schematics and PCB changes for v1.1.0. There is almost no critical issues with most of the boards. But I had to redesign the D-board (display). After hard tests I found an issue that damaged the power dc-dc at high input level voltages (+35V, i.e. 8S). I have modified the scheme a little and replaced some parts to increase the high voltage tolerance.

3. If everything with new D-board design is ok, I'm going to order a batch of beta release bare PCBs for customers, that alredy have most critical parts (like FPGA and etc...) and would like to assembly PCBs by their own. To make life easier, the bootloader will be have some self-testing features, like RAM memory test, video output test and so on... Details later.

fest:
Inspired and informed by VGN, I also (partially) succeeded interfacing with this sensor.
I made a small breakout board and used my freshly assembled Glasgow to explore this interface. I also had to teach myself the required logic programming skills, but hey- that's what vacations are for :)

The breakout board and observations about the signal interface are available here: https://github.com/festlv/isc0901b0-breakout

Huge thanks goes to VGN, without whose help I could not succeed!

1os:
Hi guys, it was such an interesting topic, but for some reason it stalled, I would like to continue......................

VGN:

--- Quote from: 1os on June 25, 2021, 11:03:26 am ---Hi guys, it was such an interesting topic, but for some reason it stalled, I would like to continue......................

--- End quote ---
Hello! No worry! The project is alive! I will report updates soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version