Products > Thermal Imaging

OpenIRV. ISC0901B0 (Autoliv NV3, FLIR E4/5/6/8) based opensource thermal camera

<< < (59/76) > >>

gsumner:
I'm intending to make a flex PCB to adapt the Tau2 through-hole pinout in my previous pictures to the Molex 52991-0408 to match the ISC0901B0 pinout.

VGN, do you think it would be reasonable to have a common bitstream between the two FPAs if I use an ID resistor on the adaptor? Maybe a sensor ID in general might avoid frying an FPA?

BTW, I think X1 and X2 are mixed up between the PCB and documentation.

gsumner:
Hi, here's a picture of what I'm thinking of making. It's my second go at a PCB, anyone have suggestions? It's ~26mmx30mm. It'll fold down 180 and present the same interface as the ISC0901B0.

I'm assuming the OpenIRV M board is the same size as the autoliv board so I don't think it will fit in the Tau case.

VGN:

--- Quote from: gsumner on December 15, 2021, 07:44:33 pm ---I'm intending to make a flex PCB to adapt the Tau2 through-hole pinout in my previous pictures to the Molex 52991-0408 to match the ISC0901B0 pinout.

--- End quote ---
:-+

--- Quote from: gsumner on December 15, 2021, 07:44:33 pm ---VGN, do you think it would be reasonable to have a common bitstream between the two FPAs if I use an ID resistor on the adaptor? Maybe a sensor ID in general might avoid frying an FPA?

--- End quote ---
I haven't decided yet if it is reasonable to keep a common bitstream. Probably not, as this going to be a waste of logic. Also some FPAs will require another level of bias, core or vccio voltage, that can be tuned by feedback resistor only. If some FPAs are very common, I think that common bitstream could be used.

--- Quote from: gsumner on December 15, 2021, 07:44:33 pm ---BTW, I think X1 and X2 are mixed up between the PCB and documentation.

--- End quote ---
This is because I haven't updated schematics yet. In the repo now is v1.0.0, while new boards are v1.1.0. I will upload new schematics at this week.

BTW, main and peripheral boards finally arrived.

VGN:

--- Quote from: gsumner on December 18, 2021, 02:57:18 pm ---Hi, here's a picture of what I'm thinking of making. It's my second go at a PCB, anyone have suggestions? It's ~26mmx30mm. It'll fold down 180 and present the same interface as the ISC0901B0.

--- End quote ---
Good job!
1. I think you could make connector's (2.54 pitch) via annular ring size much smaller to increase clearance, that will decrease the PCB cost.
2. Again, still not sure about id resistors. This is a matter of discussion. How about i2c or even better, 1-wire smallest and cheapest eeprom to keep the ID?

--- Quote from: gsumner on December 18, 2021, 02:57:18 pm ---I'm assuming the OpenIRV M board is the same size as the autoliv board so I don't think it will fit in the Tau case.

--- End quote ---
Right, I think a 3d printed adapter can solve this problem.

gsumner:
Right, attempt two! this one should allow an I2C or UNI/O EEPROM. I left the I2C option in because they go up to 2MBit. I think with some compression you could store something interesting like the bias values with the sensor. With UNI/O it will only use one IO.

I think we can only rely on VCC_SYS being present in the bootloader and I've assumed the IO voltage will start off at 2.5v. Hopefully SENSOR_IO_0 could sense the pull-up to stay compatible with an FPA that needs every pin(?). VGN, would you be interested in using this in the bootloader to ID other sensors?

Switching IO voltage after the bootloader could be a problem though. What if you passed VCCIO_FPGA through? These EEPROMs can do 1.8v to 5.5v, I could get rid of the regulator and they'd follow the IO voltage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version