Author Topic: OpenIRV. ISC0901B0 (Autoliv NV3, FLIR E4/5/6/8) based opensource thermal camera  (Read 11668 times)

Offline LesioQ

• Regular Contributor
  • Every king should be naked.
NV3 lens' clear aperture is 15mm. Objective is of a two-lens design.
Lots of cost-saving on NV3, including Ge protective window thickness being 1/2 NV2.

Offline tisher

so 'only' need to find focal length for first lens  :-+

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
I would be _really_ curious about firmware dumps of these devices, or any specification that go beyond the two-page summaries.
A few years ago, after I did a teardown video on one of these, someone emailed me, with some info they'd reverse-engineered, but didn't want to publish due to ITAR concerns.
The main point was that they had found that the original FPGA used a Microblaze core, and it was easy to find the code image in the flash memory, and after disassembling with IDA, they managed to reverse-engineer the handshake protocol used to authenticate the camera with the control box.
There might be some useful insights in to how any sensor-unique data is stored.

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Ismsanmar

• Contributor
I would be _really_ curious about firmware dumps of these devices, or any specification that go beyond the two-page summaries.
A few years ago, after I did a teardown video on one of these, someone emailed me, with some info they'd reverse-engineered, but didn't want to publish due to ITAR concerns.
The main point was that they had found that the original FPGA used a Microblaze core, and it was easy to find the code image in the flash memory, and after disassembling with IDA, they managed to reverse-engineer the handshake protocol used to authenticate the camera with the control box.

Are you talking about this?:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/autoliv-nv2-on-raspberry-pi/

Offline LesioQ

• Regular Contributor
  • Every king should be naked.
so 'only' need to find focal length for first lens  :-+
What's the purpose of it's focal length ? For f-stop calculation You need effective f.l. of complete objective.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff

Had a look at the schematic. Debouncing of the buttons will be done in VHDL via a filter in the FPGA? In the microcontroller unit it is an annoying task to debounce something.
Buttons pull-ups and debouncing capacitors are at the P-board (peripheral). Of course, there is additional debouncing logic in the HDL design. Agree, filtering buttons by internal mcu is a poor idea.

Debouncing entirely in software is trivially easy - you simply sample the buttons every 20-40mS or so.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:13:27 am by mikeselectricstuff »
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline tmbinc

• Regular Contributor
Hi Mike, yes, that was me. I've since then published my findings - in slightly redacted form - in https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/autoliv-nv2-on-raspberry-pi/.

However, my question specifically is a.) about the NV3 family, and b.) more specifcally the FLIR PathFindIR II, and how it differs from the automotive NV3 that we've all seen.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf