Author Topic: OpenIRV. ISC0901B0 (Autoliv NV3, FLIR E4/5/6/8) based opensource thermal camera  (Read 114081 times)

Offline Citizen

Denis_K, we can cooperate with you, the following advantages:
- logistics chains are well established between our countries;
- in connection with the current terrible events, several of my colleagues in Armenia (next to the author)));
- I have access to the European auto parts market, NV3 is much cheaper there than in our countries.

Offline Citizen

I have small experience with UAVs, and absolutely no any experience with FPV, FPV-cameras, interfaces, etc... Are you still flying on NTSC or PAL?  ;D
That's why I have some question to you and community:

1. What do you think about this addon? Is it worth doing?
2. What about total weight and dimentions?
3. What kind of interfaces FPV pilots use nowadays? Is AV enough? What is the output format (NTSC/PAL/or...)?
4. What else is reasonable to add to the board?

I have experience.
Focusing - not needed for flying, but needed for ground (for example, a robot for surveying communications) drones.
Need Ingress Protection (IP).

The following interfaces are required:
- AV (PAL25, NTSC30) - yes, this is relevant, there is no delay;
- USB (for Raspberry Pi);
- miniHDMI (720p60);
- PWM / UART / PPM - switching palette, focus (if implemented) and calibration (on, off, automatic).
For the broad masses of users, PWM / PPM is relevant.
In my projects, I like to implement such interactions on UART:
- 2 bytes for synchronization;
- information byte settings flags (palette, calibration, autofocus);
- information byte 255 gradations of focus;
- the last byte is the modulo sum of two information bytes.

Power supply 5v (required) or 8-60v (optional).

Interchangeable back panel, only with required interfaces. For example coaxial sma/mcx for AV and 4 pin power/uart.

Offline Denis_K

In my projects, I like to implement such interactions on UART:
- 2 bytes for synchronization;
- information byte settings flags (palette, calibration, autofocus);
- information byte 255 gradations of focus;
- the last byte is the modulo sum of two information bytes.

I think, for unification, you can repeat the uart protocol, such as flir Photon, tau, etc .. (there is a detailed open description of the commands, the file is attached). At least get away with it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 10:40:56 pm by Denis_K »

Offline Citizen

I think, for unification, you can repeat the uart protocol, such as flir Photon, tau, etc .. (there is a detailed open description of the commands, the file is attached). At least get away with it.
Yes good idea

Offline MIKUTA

I don't have the technical knowledge to understand exactly what is going on, but I heard that the camera can be activated by following the URL below.
https://github.com/pavelmalik/BMWCanBridge
https://www.bmwcustomretrofit.com/navigation-retrofits/BMW-Night-Vision-System-Activator

Offline Citizen

I don't have the technical knowledge to understand exactly what is going on, but I heard that the camera can be activated by following the URL below.
https://github.com/pavelmalik/BMWCanBridge
https://www.bmwcustomretrofit.com/navigation-retrofits/BMW-Night-Vision-System-Activator
I know similar projects, but they use the original video processing unit from the car. The activator is already working with this block.

Offline LesioQ

• Regular Contributor
  • Every king should be naked.
I tried to find this info in the OpenIRV docs, but couldn't : what kind of LCD display should be used for this project ?
I mean the model / type that needs no further firmware modifications.

The following users thanked this post: VGN

Offline rockwell

• Regular Contributor
Should one need a new camera, I have one to let. contact by PM.

Offline VGNTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello!

Have added datasheets for LCD and focus motor: https://github.com/OVGN/OpenIRV/tree/master/docs/BOM/BOM_v1.1.0
You can easily find both. Note that there are a lot of manufacturers that make same 6mm geared DC motors.
Use provided motor datasheet as a reference. The key parameters are diameter (6mm), gear ration (~1:26), shaft geometry and voltage (nominal 3.0V).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 01:16:34 am by VGN »

The following users thanked this post: ddrl46, RO, gsumner

Offline LesioQ

• Regular Contributor
  • Every king should be naked.
Thank You. That clarifies things further. And how is Your progress with bootloader part ?
I guess FPGA needs to be programmed ISP, so will bootloader be involved ?

Offline NVTech

Hi VGN,

I'm just looking for a little clarification on the SLA parts.
In the "housing" folder there are two Bottom parts, one is labelled H13, the other H7. I've scanned through the thread and cant find an exact reference to these numbers, though you must forgive me for using the Ctrl + F function for this as there is a huge amount of info to look through here.
Do I need to choose between the two, or do I need both for one full camera assembly?
I'm about to print these and would like to save a bit of resin if possible by only printing the one(s) I need.

Also, I'd like to thank you for spending so much time developing this amazing project to such a high standard.

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor
Greetings. I've been following your thread for a long time. I see that you are very well versed in the device of thermal imaging cameras. I had a problem with my thermal imager, it shows, but there are some artifacts in the picture. I want to send you some pictures. I don't know what to do with this access to the thermal imager settings I have. this is a flir tau 2 640 thermal imager but most likely it is the same meaning as the thermal imager with which you understand. Can you help me somehow. in the thermal imager, the flash memory from another similar thermal imager was replaced, what needs to be changed in the settings so that it works correctly. everything is fine with the lens.

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor
I try firmware from different cameras, I get this video

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor
these are not broken pixels, this is something else I don’t know, pixels will be visible on the sides on a clean image.

Offline Denis_K

these are not broken pixels, this is something else I don’t know, pixels will be visible on the sides on a clean image.

Perhaps this is due to the calibration tables that are in flash memory.

Offline k2tikhin

You are probably or:
1. having issues with MX flash memory and a part of gain data has been lost
2. using sensor or flash from a different camera

in both cases try to calibrate via Flir GUI, there is an option to do it there. If it's not working - more work needed with flash dump raws.

Offline k2tikhin

as of BMW NV1 (Autoliv) issue - it can work as a stand alone camera, but you have to
1.program XA2C128 via JTAG with another dump - there are just 2 versions of dumps I've been faced with - Autoliv camera and Flir PF
2.read dump from intel flash via JTAG and with Cyclone pins "help". Xilinx chip should be blanc to not interfere. This 28F640j flash has 8Mb. Gain data stored at
1A0000-200000
2c0000-360000
3e0000-440000
but you need to read the whole flash
3.once you have it done, you need to read dump of 28F640J from PathFindIR camera. create a new file using gains (addresses above) from autoliv camera and everything else from PF, winhex is good for that.
4. as far as autoliv, PF and Flir Photon have the same Samtec connector wiyh the same pinout, you can use Flir GUI to calibrate the camera.
JTAG is better, but takes time. in case you are brave enough - you can desolder 28F640J from the board (be careful with the compound not to damage the board and other BGAs around - Cyclone and MT48V8M16).
To read flash via JTAG you have to have FPGA/Flash connection matrix.
everything above written is based on my experience and it's working.

The following users thanked this post: Denis_K

Offline NVTech

Hi, are you still able to get SEM images of a sensor if I send you a full camera?
I have a few spare NV3 cameras lying around that could be put to good use...

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
Maybe, if there is no issue shipping to Switzerland and I can find a way decapping the sensor (no experience. So if you can do this, sending SEM ready samples will be more helpful).

Offline tomasis

• Contributor
Hi, are you still able to get SEM images of a sensor if I send you a full camera?
I have a few spare NV3 cameras lying around that could be put to good use...
Denis_K, we can cooperate with you, the following advantages:
- logistics chains are well established between our countries;
- in connection with the current terrible events, several of my colleagues in Armenia (next to the author)));
- I have access to the European auto parts market, NV3 is much cheaper there than in our countries.

what is approx price of such part? do you have part number? Mostly BMW?

Offline NVTech

No problem at all, I take it the sensor is effectively unusable afterwards due to the pre processing for SEM imaging?

I got a few cameras free of charge so if feel this would be a worthwhile contribution to the project.

Offline NVTech

Send me a DM if you’d like to buy?

Offline zrq

• Frequent Contributor
Sounds good. It would be nice if you can remove the package of the sensor, which will certainly make it unusable by venting it and likely introducing dust onto the die. Please PM for address.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf