Author Topic: Question about FLIR One for Android  (Read 261984 times)

Offline Clay

Re: Question about FLIR One for Android
« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2016, 07:15:20 pm »
I'm guessing it has to do with overheating -- I'm using the camera on continual charge, and while I don't always get the flashing red light I do sooner or later always end up with rainbow frames.

It may be caused by the battery heating up.

Attached is an image I took after triggering the shutter a bunch of times in a short time span.
You can see a thermal gradient across the image.  I am guessing that the motor for the shutter is near the corner of the sensor and that it is heating up.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2016, 09:22:25 pm »
Bookmarking because I've finally given up waiting for F1G2 to be in stock and backordered. Hopefully I get one the first week of April  :-+

Offline tomas123

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2016, 12:33:44 am »
I can't confirm the temperature gradient (rainbow).
My F1G2 runs several days by continuous battery charging at 20°C room temperature without problems, but I noticed a really battery heating like a fast charging smartphone.

I'm worried about the duration of the shutter mechanism (640 movements daily)

Offline eren

« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2016, 10:50:28 am »
Interesting -- what's your shutter temperature after a full days run? Is your LED indicator blinking red at any point? I will get the red blinking every time after I run it for 3-5 hours, and start seeing something like Clay's sample frame fairly regularly. I also see that the FFC process starts taking longer -- I'm guessing that when I see the rainbow frames, the FFC has failed.

The shutter motor heating up sounds like a likely scenario, but I'd also suspect the battery overheating during charging. If only there were a way to disengage the battery entirely when plugged into DC power...  ???

Offline tomas123

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2016, 09:55:53 pm »
Interesting -- what's your shutter temperature after a full days run? Is your LED indicator blinking red at any point?

yes, the LED is blinking red :(

I can't give a better answer for shutter temperature as described here
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/flir-one-thermal-imaging-camera-teardown-and-hacks/msg848878/#msg848878

Offline sadae

« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2016, 09:25:49 pm »
Hello, I have a problem saving different types of files, I did this code:

Code: [Select]
                    try {

lastSavedPath = path + "/" + "Thermal+" + fileName;
                            renderedImage.getFrame().save(new File(lastSavedPath), RenderedImage.Palette.Iron, RenderedImage.ImageType.ThermalRGBA8888Image);

MediaScannerConnection.scanFile(context,
                                    new String[]{path + "/" + "Thermal+" + fileName}, null,
                                    new MediaScannerConnection.OnScanCompletedListener() {
                                        @Override
                                        public void onScanCompleted(String path, Uri uri) {
                                            Log.i("ExternalStorage", "Scanned " + path + ":");
                                            Log.i("ExternalStorage", "-> uri=" + uri);

}

});

}catch (Exception e){
                        e.printStackTrace();
                    }

try{

lastSavedPath = path + "/" + "RGB+" + fileName;
                            renderedImage.getFrame().save(new File(lastSavedPath), RenderedImage.Palette.Iron, RenderedImage.ImageType.VisualYCbCr888Image);

MediaScannerConnection.scanFile(context,
                                    new String[]{path + "/" + "RGB+" + fileName}, null,
                                    new MediaScannerConnection.OnScanCompletedListener() {
                                        @Override
                                        public void onScanCompleted(String path, Uri uri) {
                                            Log.i("ExternalStorage", "Scanned " + path + ":");
                                            Log.i("ExternalStorage", "-> uri=" + uri);

}

});

}catch (Exception e){
                        e.printStackTrace();
                    }

But I don't know why one time save the RGB photo, another time save the thermal photo and another time save the both files  :wtf:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:09:08 pm by sadae »

Offline tomas123

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2016, 10:15:56 pm »
Ah, now you found the *.raw files in your folder /pictures?
You must switch to the 14 Bit View  ;)

A better forum for questions about the Flir SDK is
http://developer.flir.com/forums/forum/flir-one-developer-community/general-discussion/

Offline sadae

« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2016, 07:10:19 am »
Ah, now you found the *.raw files in your folder /pictures?
You must switch to the 14 Bit View  ;)

A better forum for questions about the Flir SDK is
http://developer.flir.com/forums/forum/flir-one-developer-community/general-discussion/

Yes, finally I installed a raw viewer, this was my problem. But about save the other images do you know any idea? Thanks!

Edit: I discovered that I have to change the image mode in the Change View to save the raw, for example if I choose the Thermal Linear 14Bit in the Change View the App take a photo with this image mode. But if the view is Blended the app doesn't take any Thermal Linear photo. Someone know how to fix it?

Edit2: Now when I take a Thrmal Linear 14Bit image appear the raw empty, with a size of only 35kB...  :'(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:43:12 am by sadae »

Offline tomas123

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2016, 10:04:48 am »
the RAW is not empty:
160x120x2=38.400 Byte

use ImageMagick (Q16 = 16 Bit) and convert the RAW to a real image
convert -size 120x160  -depth 16 gray:ir.raw 120x160.png
see my signature for more informations

Offline sadae

« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2016, 12:01:43 pm »
the RAW is not empty:
160x120x2=38.400 Byte

use ImageMagick (Q16 = 16 Bit) and convert the RAW to a real image
convert -size 120x160  -depth 16 gray:ir.raw 120x160.png
see my signature for more informations

Oh, thanks!  :palm: One question more, I'm trying to use this raw image in Flir Tools, I converted the image to .jpg and the software can read it, but can't do nothing with the image because all the metadata disappear. Is this maybe related with my conversor?

And one doubt more, I saw that the Flir E8 do multispectral images, could the Flir One do it? Someone know how to create a multispectral .jpg using the RGB camera and the Thermal camera of the FLir One?

Do you know a visualizer app to visualize the .raw file in Android?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:22:22 pm by sadae »

Offline tomas123

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2016, 12:33:19 pm »
You must rebuild a Flir thermal jpg.
See my signature: "Flir panorama images"

I saw that the Flir E8 do multispectral images, could the Flir One do it? Someone know how to create a multispectral .jpg using the RGB camera and the Thermal camera of the FLir One?
I don't understand the question. The Flir One App can only makes this MSX images...

If you want make own MSX images with Imagemagick see my signature "Flir images with Exiftool+ImageMagick"
--msx               Flir MSX Mode for PiP
--shade             Flir MSX Mode for PiP with amboss effect

Offline sadae

« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2016, 01:52:52 pm »
You must rebuild a Flir thermal jpg.
See my signature: "Flir panorama images"

I saw that the Flir E8 do multispectral images, could the Flir One do it? Someone know how to create a multispectral .jpg using the RGB camera and the Thermal camera of the FLir One?
I don't understand the question. The Flir One App can only makes this MSX images...

If you want make own MSX images with Imagemagick see my signature "Flir images with Exiftool+ImageMagick"
--msx               Flir MSX Mode for PiP
--shade             Flir MSX Mode for PiP with amboss effect

Yes, the Flir One App do this MSX images, but my objective is change the Blended MSX for the 14-Bit Linear image, and then load this image with Flir Tools as the MSX image. Is that possible?

Edit: I continue with my develop and I found that using the ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage can to know the temperature of one pixel of the image, as the Flir One App. In the EditorActivity.java I have this code:

else if (renderedImage.imageType() == RenderedImage.ImageType.ThermalRadiometricKelvinImage) {
                    double averageTemp = 0;
                    short[] shortPixels = new short[renderedImage.pixelData().length / 2];
                    ByteBuffer.wrap(renderedImage.pixelData()).order(ByteOrder.LITTLE_ENDIAN).asShortBuffer().get(shortPixels);
                    for (int i = 0; i < shortPixels.length; i++) {
                        averageTemp += (((int)shortPixels[i]) - averageTemp) / ((double) i + 1);
                    }
                    final double averageC = (averageTemp / 100) - 273.15;
                    Log.i("Tempera", String.valueOf(averageC));
                    runOnUiThread(new Runnable() {
                        @Override
                        public void run() {
                            Log.i("Tempera", String.valueOf(averageC));
                            Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), "Average Temperature = " + averageC + "ºC", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                        }
                    });

But in any moment I get a Log or a Toast of this function. Do you know if I have to change something to get the average temperature in this case?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:46:51 pm by sadae »

Offline tomas123

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »

Yes, the Flir One App do this MSX images, but my objective is change the Blended MSX for the 14-Bit Linear image, and then load this image with Flir Tools as the MSX image. Is that possible?

YES!!

You are a hard nut  ;)
I give you all necessary links and you ask the same question.

todo list:
- get a vga image
- get a thermal 14 bit image
- get a real Flir Thermal Image
- inject vga and 14Bit image in Flir Thermal Image
- edit the ratio factor between real/thermal and the offset for best fit
>exiftool -Real* -Offset* ir.jpg
Real 2 IR                       : 1.23121082782745
Offset X                        : +5
Offset Y                        : -35

Thats all.
Now you can open this new thermal image with Flir Tools.

clarification: enlarge the border of the vga image for uncropped FOV (field of view) of the thermal image

You need some changes in my panorama script for additional injection of the real image.
Read the exiftool source code
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/EXIFTOOL/Image-ExifTool-10.10/lib/Image/ExifTool/FLIR.pm

simplification:
If you take the FlirThermal jpg and the 14Bit RAW frome the same scene, then you must only inject the 14Bit image.
But don't delete the embedded real image (FLIR Record 0x2a and 0x0e)
>exiftool -v2  ir.jpg | grep -A1 Record
  | | FLIR Record 0x20, offset 0x0200, length 0x09ac
  | | 0)  CameraInfo (SubDirectory) -->
--
  | | FLIR Record 0x22, offset 0x0bac, length 0x0310
  | | 1)  PaletteInfo (SubDirectory) -->
--
  | | FLIR Record 0x21, offset 0x0ebc, length 0x0038
  | | 2)  MeasurementInfo (SubDirectory) -->
--
  | | FLIR Record 0x01, offset 0x0ef4, length 0x25820
  | | 3)  RawData (SubDirectory) -->
--
  | | FLIR Record 0x2a, offset 0x26714, length 0x0060
  | | 4)  PiP (SubDirectory) -->
--
  | | FLIR Record 0x2b, offset 0x26774, length 0x00b8
  | | 5)  GPSInfo (SubDirectory) -->
--
  | | FLIR Record 0x0e, offset 0x2682c, length 0xe1020
  | | 6)  EmbeddedImage (SubDirectory) -->

Please post your result here.

Now make your homeworks... :-+

Offline cynfab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2016, 10:39:40 pm »
Finally got my F1G2 attached to my 3DR Solo drone. Still a WIP but it works....

...ken...

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2016, 12:31:06 am »
I took a look at the FLIR Twitter page today.
https://mobile.twitter.com/flir
They attended a large Fire Fighting exhibition and were demonstrating their new K2 camera....... Of more interest to me, there are pictures of an F1G2 attached to a phone and suspended underneath a drone. They included pictures captured during a flight above people.

Now all we need is a really compact and light weight smart phone to mate with the F1G2 and a means to extract the image data in real time  :)

It is good to see people being innovative with this technology.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline cynfab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2016, 12:48:57 am »
What Flir doesn't want to acknowledge is that the Flir F1G2 can be used WITHOUT ANDROID or their app or a phone.

Here's a screen shot from a video I just took out in our horse coral, using my drone and F1G2 attached to a PcDuino running linux and the driver tomas123 & I developed.

No MSX either.
Sure, a Bozon or a Vue/Vue Pro would be nice but you can actually afford a F1G2.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:06:03 am by cynfab »

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2016, 03:02:46 am »
What Flir doesn't want to acknowledge is that the Flir F1G2 can be used WITHOUT ANDROID or their app or a phone.

As far as I know, there's no way to use it on a regular PC yet (sorry if I missed anything that might indicate otherwise, there's a TON of posts here so I skipped to the last one to see the latest news, but may have missed something else along the way).

Offline cynfab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2016, 03:18:28 am »
tomas123 & I used "regular pc's" to develop the code.
I do all my testing on a Dell XPS 8900 with the F1G2 plugged into the USB port. Just like I did with my Seek.
linux kernel, libusb, v4l2loopback, gstreamer. All run on my embedded platforms like they do on my desktop.
Oh... did you mean Windoze? sorry, I don't do Windoze, so wouldn't have the slightest clue where to begin.

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2016, 03:59:43 am »
tomas123 & I used "regular pc's" to develop the code.
I do all my testing on a Dell XPS 8900 with the F1G2 plugged into the USB port. Just like I did with my Seek.
linux kernel, libusb, v4l2loopback, gstreamer. All run on my embedded platforms like they do on my desktop.
Oh... did you mean Windoze? sorry, I don't do Windoze, so wouldn't have the slightest clue where to begin.

So you used Linux? Any possibility that you could take what you learned from your experiments, and have a friend who's familiar with programming device drivers for Windows, go ahead and write a Windows driver for the FLIR One? I'd LOVE to get to use it as a LWIR webcam, but I don't know the first thing about using Linux.

Offline tomas123

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2016, 10:13:39 am »
Hi cynfab,

a great job  :-+ :-+

I see, that you used the 3DR Solo app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.o3dr.solo.android

3DR Solo only supports GoPro cameras
https://3dr.com/kb/solo-user-manual/ (page 10)

Can you post some details, how do you connect the Flir One G2 as GoPro camera (hardware and software)?

Offline cynfab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2016, 12:11:28 pm »
Hi tomas123,

You remember my PcDuino3 nano experiments, well this is just an extension of that.
The 3DR Solo's "companion computer" has an HDMI input and an ADV7610 HDMI decoder. It accepts all sorts of HDMI input formats.
The Solo can only "control" a GoPro, but it happily accepts the 1280x720p output from my PcDuino3 nano.
The Solo run a Yocto headless distro on an iMx6S. My first thought was to use its USB to connect the Flir One.
Alas, 3DR's source release isn't quite in sync with what they are running. That's another story.
So I strapped the PcDuino to the bottom of the Solo, plugged the HDMI out into where the GoPro connected. A DC-DC converter powers the PcDuino.
I run my own custom 4.3.3 kernel as well as v4l2loopback and our flir8x driver. A gstreamer pipeline takes the visual and thermal images and composits them together.
I built all this with buildroot.
It still has lots and lots of issues, not turn key by any means yet.
   ...ken...

Offline sadae

« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2016, 09:25:05 am »
Hello, I have more questions  ;D Someone knows how from a MSX image delete the FLIR logo and modify the range temperature of the thermal image to for example 10ºC to 20ºC?

But all this without use the Flir Tools because I only want the thermal image modified, and not the different graphics that it draw in the image  :rant:

Offline OrBy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2016, 07:41:43 pm »
Hello, I have more questions  ;D Someone knows how from a MSX image delete the FLIR logo and modify the range temperature of the thermal image to for example 10ºC to 20ºC?

But all this without use the Flir Tools because I only want the thermal image modified, and not the different graphics that it draw in the image  :rant:

tomas123's wonderful PHP script or one of the directives based off it like BFIC come to mind as having the ability to do such things to FLIR's images.

Offline tomas123

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2016, 09:17:52 am »
a quick-and-dirty method is to make a (cropped) screenshot from Flir Tools for PC.
Then you have a great image resolution with color scale etc. and without the Flir Logo!
For the php scripts see my footer

Offline sadae

« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2016, 09:47:53 am »
a quick-and-dirty method is to make a (cropped) screenshot from Flir Tools for PC.
Then you have a great image resolution with color scale etc. and without the Flir Logo!
For the php scripts see my footer

My first idea was to use the first method  ;D But the problem is that I have more than 1000 MSX images to unify the range temperature  (I'm trying to create a 3D thermal model of an object) and I only need the thermal image with a palette and without the Flir logo and the scale. For this reason I'm trying your php script and execute a loop using this line:

flir.php --rmin 20 --rmax 30 --clut --scale -i flir.jpg -o test1.jpg

But I think that something is wrong because it doesn't create the test1.jpg file.

Thanks for all!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf