Author Topic: Recycling a Dfov lens for other projects  (Read 1263 times)

Offline angelortegaTopic starter

• Contributor
Recycling a Dfov lens for other projects
« on: March 12, 2021, 05:31:27 pm »
I removed the lens assembly from a "thorn emi" thermal camera.you can see in my pictures that
it's is a complete sepreate unit . you can see the fatshark goggles -part of my canon t-mount adapter-and the lens. I put all three parts together to make my own thermal-binoculars l will shoot some video to show how well this lens is. I will get the video posted when I can, give me time because I have never uploaded a video to youtube. if anyone can tell me whats the best editing and uploader programs are best to use these days It will help me get this done. what I saw with my bino setup will amaze you.
I used a flir tau2 320x240 9hz with a 25mm lens mounted behind the lens. I used the flir gui to calture stills,you can see the wfov shot-nfov shot and the 2x 4x 8x zoom shots. the shot that shows the front windows of the building, you can see two brite spots thats the head and hand from someone smoking. that buildings water tower is 0.02 of a mile away from me I checked on goggle maps.in the shot with the completed bino setup you all see an extension tube witch must be add when I use the flir camera with out the 25mm lens to focus directly on to the cores chip.there are now two more thorn emi  cameras for sale on ebay items 203303112901 and  353417349241, get one if you can the lens alone is a great buy for the price. I will post more picture of the lens assembly.  later everyone.

The following users thanked this post: Lambda

Offline angelortegaTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Recycling a Dfov lens for other projects
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 01:02:10 am »
sorry guys the camera i used was my tau2 640 x 480 9hz  and the camera needs to be colimated to the lens assembly for better images

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 01:43:40 am by angelortega »

Offline septic

Re: Recycling a Dfov lens for other projects
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 12:39:55 am »
Very nice work!

I hope I'm not being rude, but I sent you a msg, in regards the DFOV housing and whether you still have it/would want to sell it?

Cheers,
Aron.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf