Author Topic: Replacement lepton shutter  (Read 1569 times)

Offline aph375Topic starter

Replacement lepton shutter
« on: September 28, 2020, 05:30:36 pm »
Any one know where I can get a replacement lepton 3 shutter mine seems come apart and the outer metal cover has gone missing.  I've tried contacting flir but it seems to go off into the ether never to get a reply.

thanks

Andy H

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Replacement lepton shutter
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:15:55 am »
Sadly you have few options.

The shutter is not supplied as a separate part by FLIR so you would need to strike lucky with the service tech at a service centre to obtain a salvaged part from a faulty Lepton. The Lepton is pretty reliable as a core so you do not see faulty ones for sale that you could rob the shutter from. Your easiest, though not cheap, option, is to buy one of the faulty FLIR One G2 units that appear on eBay and either transplant the whole lepton core (recommended) or just its shutter (easily damaged) You are looking at between £50 and £100 for a used faulty FLIR One G2, depending upon the market and condition.

Sorry it is not better news. I have plenty of spares donor FLIR One G2 cameras containing the Lepton cores but all those cores are working so need their shutter.

Fraser
UK
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 10:18:32 am by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline aph375Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 02:22:14 pm »
I was worried that might be the case. The unit was already a salvage from a broken f1g2 running on a pure thermal usb board so not sure it's worth it. I do still have the shield and actual shutter so may have to just design something up on fusion360 and see if I can print out something good enough to hold the shutter on to replace the shutter outer plate. Still have no idea how and where it managed to separate off the outer plate. |O

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 02:58:15 pm »
I know of companies that were buying F1G2 solely for the shutter - and selling the leptons !

Bill

Online ArsenioDev

• Regular Contributor
    • DiscountMissiles: my portfolio and landing page
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 05:12:58 pm »
What.
I just use IRcut filter mechanisms from cctv cameras as external shutters and tap the command for FFC to trigger that gpio

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf