Products > Thermal Imaging

REVIEW: Dianyang Technology CA10 Circuit Board Thermal Analyzer - Repair / R&D

<< < (29/29)

Richard1972:
Thank you for this. I need something fairly soon, but was wondering if you are able to say when those other models you mention might be available? I don’t want to purchase something now and then regret it if a newer or better model comes out that I might have been able to afford.

Fraser:
I will leave it to DYT to comment on release dates for the new CA series models but can advise that the new SpectrumOwl V2 software, that is an enhancement of the V1 software for R&D applications, as well as repair, will only work with CA20 and above.

I am currently testing the V2 software and it is a well thought through solution. The V1 software is still a very effective product however. V1 is not being replaced by V2. It is more like FLIR Tools Vs FLIR Researcher where the more expensive product provides enhanced capabilities and functionality. Something to consider regarding the new CA20 is it’s enhanced temperature measurement capability that offers measurement of -10C to +450C as compared to -10C to +120C for the CA10. The increased measurement range may be important in some applications, such a Reflow soldering process monitoring.

The CA10 has been described to me as a versatile PCB thermal analysis tool set for those working in the electronics repair industry, but with the ability to assist design engineers and product testers in evaluating their products thermal performance. The CA20 is an enhanced system that offers the user a software interface more suited to the R&D lab, but configurable to any application thanks to its flexible and reconfigurable ‘panel’ based user interface. Given the choice, I would buy the CA20 if my finances could stretch to it.

Fraser

tommythuyen:
With Xtherm app, CA-10 can be enhanced temperature measurement capability that offers measurement of 120C to +400C as well.

--- Quote from: Fraser on January 10, 2022, 09:59:59 am ---I will leave it to DYT to comment on release dates for the new CA series models but can advise that the new SpectrumOwl V2 software, that is an enhancement of the V1 software for R&D applications, as well as repair, will only work with CA20 and above.

I am currently testing the V2 software and it is a well thought through solution. The V1 software is still a very effective product however. V1 is not being replaced by V2. It is more like FLIR Tools Vs FLIR Researcher where the more expensive product provides enhanced capabilities and functionality. Something to consider regarding the new CA20 is it’s enhanced temperature measurement capability that offers measurement of -10C to +450C as compared to -10C to +120C for the CA10. The increased measurement range may be important in some applications, such a Reflow soldering process monitoring.

The CA10 has been described to me as a versatile PCB thermal analysis tool set for those working in the electronics repair industry, but with the ability to assist design engineers and product testers in evaluating their products thermal performance. The CA20 is an enhanced system that offers the user a software interface more suited to the R&D lab, but configurable to any application thanks to its flexible and reconfigurable ‘panel’ based user interface. Given the choice, I would buy the CA20 if my finances could stretch to it.

Fraser

--- End quote ---

Fraser:
tommythuyen,

So the temperature measurement capability of the camera is defined by the host software and not the cameras firmware. Interesting :)

Thanks for this information.

Fraser

Fraser:
I have just seen that DYT are releasing the CA20 PCBA analysis system through a Kickstarter  :-+

Details are here…..

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/dytspectrumowl-ca-20-electronical-version-on-kickstarter-crowdfunding/

The same manual focus thermal imaging core but with an extended temperature measurement range (-10C to +450C) plus tha ability to use the new SpectrumOwlV2 software  :-+ It also provides a motorised mount for the camera head for those who like buttons rather than knobs  :-DD

Fraser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version