Author Topic: Help with software update FLIR HS-324 series  (Read 824 times)

Offline EastwardTopic starter

Help with software update FLIR HS-324 series
« on: July 29, 2022, 08:06:21 pm »
I’m trying to update/upgrade my FLIR hand held camera, model HS-324 (standard) to a (pro) version. Main difference is pro will capture video and standard won’t. I spoke with FLIR tech support and was told a simple upgrade with a SD card will change unit but they no longer support that model. He said someone out there should have the upgrade that they could send and you could download onto a SD card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Help with software update FLIR HS-324 series
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 08:29:29 am »
A FLIR representative told you THAT... Really ? It would appear that the person you spoke to was not familiar with the whole upgrade process.

For information if it was so simple as just loading a generic file, FLIR would effectively be allowing free upgrades to many units, which is not in their nature. As an example....  If a company used 20 of these scopes, they had to pay for 20 upgrades, not just 1 that could be shared with all 20 scopes. FLIR are in the business of making money and the upgrade was chargeable.

From memory, the upgrade is locked to the specific camera for which it was purchased. It may be possible to decompile the upgrade to hack it but I cannot provide any information on that. Changing the serial number of the scope to that of the one for which the upgrade was purchased might also work.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf