Author Topic: Scout III firmware  (Read 6883 times)

Offline HattlissTopic starter

Scout III firmware
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:39:43 pm »
Hello guys!

I have a problem with my scout III 640. It was stuck in DFU mode, and i installed a file from flir and now its not working. Apparently now the device thinks its a Ps32. Everyone says "just download the dfu file online". Yes i understand. BUT FROM WHERE??

can someone please just send the firmware file as an attachment or dropbox link, etc for me?

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Scout III firmware
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 04:16:50 pm »
Just contact FLIR customer support and explain the situation. They will provide a link to a known good firmware for your Scout III. Quick and simple plus it guarantees you get the correct firmware.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 06:33:28 pm »
Yeah i have been i contact with several support guys, and getting the same answer every time. "This is not my field, try this email" and then is a new email adress witch says the same thing. Ive been struggeling with custumer support for over 2 weeks. All i need is the firmware file.

Im starting to wonder if there are anyone in the world who have this.....

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 06:37:25 pm »
Hmmm that is unusual.

The Scout series is made in China but I would expect firmware to be held at FLIR USA.

These are not units that commonly have firmware updates so that may be part of the problem.

What country are you in please ?

Fraser

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 08:08:50 pm »
I live in Norway. I dont look for updates. Only the original firmware.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 11:31:19 pm »
You are not in a country where FLIR would be concerned about ownership of such a thermal scope. That is good  :)

Sadly you have little choice but to continue in your efforts with FLIR customer support. Whether they can help will depend upon the availability of the correct firmware. You can ask them to escalate your case to the engineering team and that may get you what you need.

I suggest that you clearly and concisely detail exactly how your unit came to end up in a firmware update mode, what firmware revision number you tried to load and the result. Then ask them for a suitable firmware to upload. All this assumes that your scope firmware has not been corrupted beyond recovery. The Scout firmware is not well understood outside of FLIR. The firmware loader normally checks the host model before loading the new code so it seems very strange that it loaded PS32 code. Very odd indeed.

I am able to say that ‘common’ firmware is used across the scopes range and that the capabilities of the hardware are defined in software. The hardware DOES differ between the generations and some models of FLIR scope. The imaging core is a TAU 320, TAU 640, TAU2 320 or TAU2 640.

Fraser

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 05:19:17 pm »
Thank you for fast answers Fraser.
I got a file from flir support. And it should be the exact file. See attachment. That error message appears during the installing. And it fails. It it the file witch is wrong or my computer?

The Flir camera installes the other files perfect.

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 12:52:08 am »
Greetings to all on the forum. I am faced with the same problem as I have with you. only I had Scout 3 240 in which stood tau2 336 for 256 30 60 Hertz. after the firmware it turned off, only the monitor lights up in white. I solved my problem differently. I bought the case with the motherboard and monitor everything in the collection except for the Tau 2 core disassembled it and replaced the core.so i solved all the problems. I now have a donor on the flir Scout 3 case a faulty monitor board and a battery.

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 12:55:12 am »
You can put your scout's firmware file on the site, maybe he will help me or someone will need it

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 11:33:37 am »
@1os,

If you ever decide to sell your spare Scout Case, I woukd be interested in buying it.

Your forum mailbox is showing full so I coukd not PM you.

Fraser

Offline railrun

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 11:45:16 am »
@1os,

If you ever decide to sell your spare Scout Case, I woukd be interested in buying it.

Your forum mailbox is showing full so I coukd not PM you.

Fraser
If so, we are expecting a Fraser typicall repair-guide [emoji6]

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 02:00:23 pm »
Greetings. I cleaned my mailbox. You can send your information that I am interested in. I have several buildings from Scout, several tau2 336 modules and one tau 640 /512.

Offline gregor11

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 07:50:43 pm »
Hattliss, what software version did you have and what you uploaded. I do not know why EolTool shows me 320x240.
Do you have communication with the camera, maybe you need to enter it in DFU mode.

The following users thanked this post: Hattliss

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 09:39:56 pm »
 Scout III there can only be 336 and 640 other matrix resolutions in this version. :scared:

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2019, 09:48:24 pm »
 Scout III 640  firmware version sw ver : 04.04.16

Offline gregor11

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 07:43:15 pm »
I also have Scout III firmware ver: 04.04.16, Eol Tool for PS32 and PS64 in the tab Tau resolution gives 320x240, and the comparison of photos says something else.

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 06:18:15 pm »
The file i got is 04.04.16. I think the file is corrupted in some way. Since it times out. I told the flir support guy but he doesn't reply on email.

And yes, i have tried to enter DFU mode before the installation also. If its in bulk mode, it tells you that it will switch to dfu mode automaticly before installation.

If someone want to send the 04.04.16.dfu. send me an PM and i will give you my personal email adress. I could also send you the corrupted file i got, if some one want to investegate it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 06:29:08 pm by Hattliss »

Offline 1os

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2019, 11:27:39 pm »
Hey. I have. flir scout 3 640. only without the Tau-2 core. it is fully functional. if you insert the kernel. you will get a new device. if you are interested, you can contact
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 09:55:54 pm by 1os »

Offline WillWes

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 09:09:18 am »
Hi Guys,

I have a Scout II 640. Is it possible to update the firmware to unlock the 9Hz refresh rate?
It is a superb thing but 9Hz is a little slow by todays money!
Would one of the later Scouts Firmwares work as they appear to be much the same.

The 9Hz was only ever there to export from the US and as such I suspect its defined in the software?

Thanks

Will

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 12:21:27 pm »
The <9fps limitation is set in the TAU core FPGA configuration and is not modifiable via the firmware version. Later firmware, even if for a higher frame rate scope cannot change the frame rate of the TAU core as it has no routines within it for doing so. Such a change can only be made using dedicated factory configuration software or a clone of such. I know of no such utility existing in the public domain, and that is for good reason  ;)

Fraser

Offline WillWes

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 04:18:29 pm »
Shame. but thanks for the reply

As to whether that is for the good to the good or not. 4/5 years ago yes. But now as all civilian products tend to be 30 Hz viewing or higher. It makes not odds. Indeed the new version of this from FLIR is 30 Hz. Hence why I asked really as its not like am asking for something that is currently not available for export from the USA or I would not have asked. The ITAR requirements for all of this has changed as even they realised it made no sense and was only limiting US products from selling. And as we all know ITAR itself has indeed changed significantly.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2020, 01:03:29 am »
Willwes.....

Not ITAR in Civilian circles

Dual Use Technology.......

BIS (USA) and Wassenaar Arrangement

Offline WillWes

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2020, 05:45:01 pm »
I am afraid there is. I import rifles from the US for civilian use... ITAR is quite a big thing.

Offline WillWes

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2020, 05:51:37 pm »
I've just up-rated the Objective lens to a 50mm unit. Superb change. I believe it would work on all Scouts of this basic design. I may have to make more of the threaded parts to accept the replacement lens so people can supply their own lens.

A reasonable about of faf, but surprised how easy the front of the scout comes apart. The adaptor took some work but now I have better distance and a frnt lens that can be changed for parallax... on which...

BTW, a nice tip to make the scout better as is, is to alter the parallax by refocusing the objective. this took minutes and was a worthy experiment as I took it to bits. Now things from 80m out are in focus where as from the factory it was 30m out to 60 ish

Offline railrun

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2020, 05:21:05 pm »
You can change the lens one a Scout3? Realy? How? I thought the lens is glued to the body.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf