Author Topic: Seek compact or compact xr (+macro lens)  (Read 1029 times)

Offline asdfTopic starter

Seek compact or compact xr (+macro lens)
« on: August 12, 2022, 04:57:30 pm »
Which one is better for electronics? I know both are not good to see small parts but I saw some pictures from seek compact xr with macro lens and it seems good enough for modern electronics. The question is if I need xr or the cheapest compact is as good as xr when macro lens is used.

Online DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Seek compact or compact xr (+macro lens)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 08:41:03 pm »
any reason you wanna go with Seek, instead of alternative dongles.
in 2022 the minimum model I would pursue would be the Seek Pro and if you gonna use it for modern electronics.. minimum the Fast Frame version that is just under 20hz.

But in regards to Seek Compact & XR - you can get higher resolution and faster framerate for even less money, with these relatively cheap 256x192 dongles coming out of China and a good amount of them are 25hz..

Offline asdfTopic starter

Re: Seek compact or compact xr (+macro lens)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 01:06:34 pm »
I couldn't find alternative which I like. Those which are not more expensive have some drawbacks like worse optics, lower temperature range or lower resolution. Also I don't know how they work with macro lenses (I found only example photos made be seek+macro but not others).
Maybe I'd try to get used CAT S62 for similar price but I couldn't find any info how it works with macro lens.

I've just found comparison:

The conclusion is each one it quite usable to see small parts (seems to be <= 0402). Maybe XR have some more magnification but it's not that much so maybe this can be compensated by choice of lens.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf