Author Topic: Seek Compact pro XR mods  (Read 681 times)

Offline uberwootTopic starter

Seek Compact pro XR mods
« on: May 28, 2022, 09:34:19 pm »
Picked up a Seek compact XR because i wanted one to mess around with and since i can expense report it why not?

So started i wanted to see some components "0201 and 01005 surface mount stuff" Did that pretty easy. Then decided to how good i can get a 350X350um component.  After some work and testing some quantum pla i made my part and tested it out. And its great. Picture sucks because im holding the gel pack with the part over the lens since i don't have the mount at home so Tuesday i'll do some real testing and get everything set up. This was more of a test to see if it is possible.

Based on known feature sizes i can just make out 20um. When i power it on im sure i will be able to see that a bit better.

Not expecting amazing things from this. For what i got it for it works great and the image quality for that is pretty good. But seeing how far i can push it im pretty impressed.

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
Re: Seek Compact pro XR mods
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 09:23:45 am »
If you can get a second Seek, then take the lens out of it and mount the two lenses face to face.

This creates a thermal microscope at pixel pitch, and the focal plane where the detector would be.  No image distortions as they cancel out.

Bill

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf