Products > Thermal Imaging

Seek Compact vs FLIR One

(1/6) > >>

smbaker:
Does anyone own both of these cameras and can offer an opinion between the two? Both are ~ $250 US cameras. I'd be using them with an iOS device.

From what I've gathered, the Seek has more pixels, but the FLIR has dual cameras and is able to integrate information from the ordinary camera with the thermal camera to general images that appear more detailed.

I'd like to use this for a variety of purposes, from looking at electronics to see which components are generating heat, to HVAC troubleshooting around the home.

Thanks,
Scott

mojoe:
Try this: http://bfy.tw/5aJ2

BTW, I just ordered a Flir One. Should have it Thursday.

smbaker:

--- Quote from: mojoe on May 03, 2016, 10:43:59 pm ---Try this: http://bfy.tw/5aJ2
--- End quote ---

I already did google it, and I've already viewed several results including the TEquipment video and the CleanTechnica review, with the latter having particularly useful image comparisons between the two.

I'm looking for the opinion of folks here. This is the place I go to for user experiences and analysis of test equipment from knowledgeable users.

Scott

smbaker:

--- Quote from: blueskull on May 03, 2016, 11:46:59 pm ---You need Seek Compact. It allows ultra short focal length, essentially a manual macro mode.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I was starting to lean toward the FLIR. Being able to focus up close does sound useful for what I want to do.

Redshift1340:
I have the FLIR One for iOS and it's great for most applications, I am really happy with it.  I'd love to recommend it to you. However, if you're going to use it for electronics work, the Seek is the better choice because of its manual focus.  Just make sure that you don't buy one of the older models of the Seek Compact that were fixed focus.  Unless you're going for the Compact XR, in which case they've always had manual focus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version