Author Topic: Seek Shot Series  (Read 11738 times)

Offline sporadic

• Regular Contributor
    • forkineye.com
Re: Seek Shot Series
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 01:31:48 am »
i know this maybe is unacceptable to other pro's and offtopic, but i post it anyway. why dont go for thermal compact? it can be mounted on larger lcd (handphone) and half the price, if all you want is like what i want (analysing circuit) and recently helped me with my clogged plumbing and earlier with my burnt ELCB. 3.5" lcd may put strain to my deteriorating eye but if you think you'll need that nice fusion image, i think it worth it at $200+ additional cost. but i still dont like the 3.5" lcd, too small imho. HT-18 is smaller 3.2", without fusion image on compact i have to do manually with different camera (attached) not really nicely overlapped but i can work around it and should be good enough for rough guestimate for me. ymmv.

My only concern with the USB based ones is the longevity.  I had enough issues with the micro USB ports on my cell phones and imagine the strain of a dongle hanging off it would be even worse and shorten the life even more. I plan on going USB-C on my next phone as well which would make whichever one I purchase now obsolete.  I'm open to other options, just not crazy about the phone based dongles.  I'm curious how the Seek Shot compares to a Flir C2 as well.  Basically, trying to stay under $500 and get the most for my money in a dedicated unit.

Offline sporadic

• Regular Contributor
    • forkineye.com
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 05:22:30 pm »
My only concern with the USB based ones is the longevity.  I had enough issues with the micro USB ports on my cell phones and imagine the strain of a dongle hanging off it would be even worse and shorten the life even more. I plan on going USB-C on my next phone as well which would make whichever one I purchase now obsolete.  I'm open to other options, just not crazy about the phone based dongles.  I'm curious how the Seek Shot compares to a Flir C2 as well.  Basically, trying to stay under $500 and get the most for my money in a dedicated unit.

Not to derail the thread any further, but I ended up blowing way over my budget (2x) and jumped to a Flir E4.  Plan to do the resolution hack and add a lens + stand for board work if needed.  Just couldn't find anything on the Seek Shot that made me really want it.  All the 3rd party work and hacks for the E4, plus ability to access raw data is what really pushed me to blow my budget.  Hope I made the right decision.  I would have loved something in the form factor of the seek shot, but the performance and firmware just doesn't seem to justify the price.  Plus I won't have to design my own lens attachment for close-up work now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 05:25:30 pm by sporadic »

Offline thermalse

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 02:04:05 am »
Anyone with the shotpro when using the thermal camera the image freezes around every x seconds and then resumes?  :-//

Offline Spirit532

• Frequent Contributor
    • My website
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 03:19:29 am »
That's normal. That's the calibration shutter.

The following users thanked this post: thermalse

Offline thermalse

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 06:42:03 pm »
I have had the SeekPro now for a week and impressed with it's quality and features. I had a ATN OTS-HD 384 and I also own a HT-102 cheapy.  What I wish it would have had but then again maybe due to it's price point is why but things like:

*higher frame rate at least 15hz but 9hz is doable
*removable battery/memory
*a case and/or lens cover (thinking of making one on a thermal printer just to slide over the red corner area.
*digital zoom on touch screen
*lcd pushed sized to the actual edge of display glass
*larger frickin font

But no world is perfect but for something to take out and capture on a consumer level without the need for exporting reporting etc this hits the sweet spot and pleased with the purchase if anyone is on the fence.

Offline _Harry_

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2019, 08:00:46 pm »
If I would like to check the nozzle temperature of my 3D printer, I would have to know the possible deviation of the Shot Pro in the range of 200 ... 300°C.

Unfortunately I can not find any accuracy information about the Shot Pro like FLIR has for the C2/C3's; their accuracy is given as ±2°C (±3,6°F) or ±2% (whichever is greater) at a nominal temperature of 25°C (77°F).
_________
 - Harry

Offline Thermal_Enthusiast_01

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2019, 11:45:00 am »
Hello,
I connect the Ht-a1 thermal sensor to my PC and it is the same signature as the Seek thermal sensor
USB \ VID_289D & PID_0010 & REV_0100 & MI_01
USB \ VID_289D & PID_0010 & MI_01
but zadig have no driver for com.thermal.pir206.1
why not ?

Have any on the com.thermal.pir206.1 driver for my ......

Many Thanks !
Inthu

Offline thermalse

Re: Seek Shot Series vs Flir One Pro
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2019, 01:24:23 pm »
So I had a chance to compare my Shotpro to a Flir One Pro...What I don't understand is if the Seek has a higher res sensor why would it only output a 640x480 picture and the Flir outputs a 1440x1080?  Where is the detail when it's being lost with such a low picture output?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 01:26:29 pm by thermalse »

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2019, 01:29:08 pm »
both images are upscaled to fit the visible image overlayed. The upscaling done by FLIR reduces image quality in my opinion.

Offline thermalse

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2019, 01:39:30 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Vipitis...So from the two pictures you think the Seek has the better resolution? I am just trying to understand what I would need to do if from the cameras info on the picture saying it has a visible resolution of 1600x1200.  How can I see that image in its glory?

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2019, 03:09:42 pm »
Suggest you try the following test with each:

Cover the visible camera lens with paper or your finger, and observe.

Cover the thermal camera lens with paper or your finger, and observe.

You will realise that the FLIR is an extremely low resolution thermal sensor, little more than an optical picture with a heat overlay.  Clever software making the fused image, but it assumes that the thermal picture is related to what it sees visually.  Can be fun looking through say a window with it.

The Seek is at least a reasonable thermal resolution to start with.

Bill

The following users thanked this post: wwjd1924

Offline thermalse

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 03:24:40 pm »
Agreed Bill that is why I bought the seek but how can I get the most out of the captured image off the camera at it's highest resolution is my question. :popcorn:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf