Products > Thermal Imaging

So where can I get a 640x480 LWIR camera for under $1000?

<< < (7/7)

efahrenholz:
Well I stand corrected.

Either way, looks like there's nothing out there for you sub $1000 in a 640x480.

Hypernova:
First time I've heard of the i3 Thermal Expert V1, who's up for getting one? (Winking in Fraser's direction)

Fraser:
Sadly no spare cash :(

I have promised myself that I will not buy any more thermal cameras. I already broke that promise buying a Ti30 this week ...... Cleared out the hobby budget and there is no way I would pay $3000 on another camera now that I am retired. 320 X 240 pixel FPA's work fine in my applications.

Fraser

homestea:
In case anybody is still following this thread:  you can get a military grade 640 x 480 LWIR 30Hz camera with a 62mm lens in a waterproof housing with cables for $995 over at Sierra Olympic Texhnologies website in the "outlet" section.

sam1275:

--- Quote from: homestea on September 27, 2016, 08:26:24 pm ---In case anybody is still following this thread:  you can get a military grade 640 x 480 LWIR 30Hz camera with a 62mm lens in a waterproof housing with cables for $995 over at Sierra Olympic Texhnologies website in the "outlet" section.

--- End quote ---
I've also heard it on another forum, and they are working on some method (seems arduido) to make it portable, because it is designed to work(only) with a connection to a PC.
Off topic: I also want a TIC with optical zoom, optical stabilization, and auto focus, but that's expensive as hell :-//
Update: The serial connection is only for some basic settings, such as color palette/digital zoom/shutter/manual gain/etc, they are neither critical, nor persist between power cycle, and the camera should be able to operate without the serial connection.
There seems to have 2 video out, one is RS170, it's easy to use but you will only have 256 grey levels thus waste some sensor ability. Another seems to be camera link, which require additional expensive adapter to connect to a PC.
This camera have a 15 degree FOV lens, and maybe not very easy to find another wider/narrower replacement, so think before you buy, I think it's a good deal in general. Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version